Maternal & Child Community
problems with fiance while pregnant plus i have bipolar is this normal?...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

problems with fiance while pregnant plus i have bipolar is this normal?

Im 6 1/2 mths pregnant and i got bipolar and my fiance has plucked the last straw and Im starting to feel like giving the baby up to him and his family and turning over my parental rights and dissapearing in the depths of the earth is that wrong? And another thing is my up and down emotional stages normal? Please Help Me!!!
My mother has bipolar disorder and I know how difficult it can be. My mother struggled for a long time until she was put on the right medication and now she lives a pretty stable life. She also had ups and downs and that is normal. I am also pregnant and I know how pregnancy alone can be difficult to handle. My mother will tell you that even though she has bipolar disorder, having a child is the best thing she ever did in her life. I don't think that you should give up your baby because you never know how you are going to feel when you're baby is born. The best advice I can give you is to get professional help, whether it be conseling or talking to a doctor about what you are going through. As for you fiance, don't let your problems with each other make you give up.Never give up hope. Bipolar is managable and there is help out there.
I am bipolar too and 5 1/2 months pregnant. I know how you feel, but trust me you really probably don't want to do that. Are you on meds for your bipolar? I stopped mine before I got pregnant, but WILL start them as soon as I have my baby girl. Maybe you should talk to your OB about this and he can find something good to put you on. They can and do put ppl on depression meds while pregnant it's not uncommon. So don't feel alone and if you need someone to talk to please let me know and I can give u my email address.
I am also bi-polor, and I am 36w4d.  I have only stopped taking one of my meds but am still on one of them - Seroquel 200mcg.  There are some risks but they are very small risks - so far everything looks normal and the baby is fine.  If you are taking meds, I would not stop taking them until you talk with your dr.  It can do more harm then good.  If you are not taking any meds. then making a Decision  like giving up your baby to your BF and his family would be a mistake.  only what I think.  When I was not on any meds and had feelings like you, I made bad Decisions that I regreted.  When I am manic or very depressed (before taking meds) I could not think straight.  Please have hope.  I would go to the dr. and talk with him and see what he says.  Bipolor disorder can make people feel like **** and do things they won't normally do.  They can still put you on a med if you are feeling really bad.  I really feel for you because I have been there and made those decisions and regeted them later.  This is only what I think!!
With bipolar it is defiantely normal to have the ups and downs. Being pregnant only amplifies it!! I am 27.5 weeks and am soooo moody!! My husband made me mad by simply breathing too loud the other day! The next day he told me not to mess with our dog (who's a jerk and likes to bite me lol) and that totally p*ssed me off. I went to bed at 7:00 and thought about how much I hated him. I'm feeling quite off the wall towards him........so don't worry you're normal. Don't give up your parental rights! You are just having normal mixed up (very hormone influenced) emotions right now! I am sure you weill be a great Mom....otherwise you wouldn't even be concerned about how you are feeling.
I am also bi-polar (as well as borderline personality), and I am in my 28th week of pregnancy.  I have been on 10mg of Celexa for about 2 months now and I have never felt better.  My moods have never been more stable, and in general well adjusted.  Remember that your feelings are not always trustable right now (not just because of the bi-polar but also the pregnancy hormones making it worse).  Remember that everyone has doubts and worries and all men can be "butt heads" at one time or another.  Talk to your doctor about your disease and the suggestions here, mine immediately put me on the Celexa when I started having a hard time coping with every day life and my moods where worsening and the cycles were getting shorter.

I hope everything works out for you.  Keep us posted.
I am not bipolar (that I know of) and my mood swings have gotten so bad that I have tried to kick my husband out positive that I wanted a separation over pretty much nothing numberous times.  I even went through a stage when I told him I wanted to put the baby up for adoption because I didn't think I could do it.  This was a planned pregnancy to top it all off.  Of course the adoption comment really upset him and my mother.  My mom said it was hormones and she couldn't believe those words even came out of my mouth.  
It passes.  The last time we had a fight was almost 6 weeks ago.  I cry because I can't believe how I treated him.  
I think maybe you should talk to your doctor about your feelings and maybe they can help you sort it out.  
I'm with the rest of them, if you need to vent let me know or you can post here.  Its a great place for support.  
take care of yourself and feel better
I too am biopolar, it's a pretty common thing, however, I've been biopolar for over 8 years.  Yuck I know, but it's under control, of course I have my down days, but my medication is a miracle.  

You can take it while you are pregnant too.  It's called Lamictal, I take 200 mg once a day.  I took it when I was pregnant with both my previous children, a DS age 7 and a DD age 4.. I have also been taking it throughout this pregnancy, I'm due June 6th, soon, yeah!!!  Look into it, get it under control, it might take up to a month for the medication to work, so don't in the meantime do anything drastic.  If you need more information or help, please, let me know.

I with Dark - if you need anything from me also because being bi-polor is hard
I am bipolar and trying to conceive my second child.  It is so hard to find any sort of outlet for Bipolar women who are pregnant so I was happy to come across this forum.   I didn't know when I was pregnant the first time that I was Bipolar, I wish I had it would have explained alot.  But now that I am trying to conceive my second baby, it gives you so much to think about.   I do not want to go an entire year without my medication, I do not want to feel like I cannot "carry on" and I empathize so much with any one of you who may have felt that way.  I would not make any life altering decisions about my life, marriage, family or finances unless I was 100% on my medication - that's my only rule since I was diagnosed.  That said I am afraid to have to take medications during my pregnancy.  I am also a Pharmaceutical Sales rep and I do not take anything unless I have read up all its stats.  babies of mothers who took Lamictal have been recently found to have a significant increase in cleft pallettes and other similar birth defects.  Its not an easy choice for any of us but at the end of the day you have to remember that if you are not well enough to take care of yourself you won;t be able to take care of your baby so weigh your options if you can and always follow the advice of your doctor.  
I have bipolar and asperger and was wondering if this will effect me if I want to get preganat and My obgyn said that my Child will not have this Problem and I told her that I was Adoptied and when I found my Biological Family they all have the mental Illness. Should I get have a Child or not my Brain is going nuts.