Maternal & Child Community
problems with heart shaped uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

problems with heart shaped uterus

An year back I got pregnant.Me and my hubby felt so happy and that very day we had sex. To my shock after having sex, I started spotting(few drops blood). We went to the doctor and came to know after having series of tests that I have heart shaped uterus. My spotting didn't stop and I had slight pain in the stomach. Finally I got my abortion done.
Now once again we planned to have the baby. Could somebody advise me incase of heart shape uterus, is it advisable to have sex or not ? What other precautions I should take ? I am really worried and concerned ? I feel that my body is very sensitive.
Please advise. Also if there is any web site to have more info. on this.
thanks
I just learned 2 dys ago that I have a heart shaped uterus during my level II u/s ( I am 21 wks pregnant), I got worried, but my ob said that since I carries my first pregnancy to term, then I have nothing to worry about. Of course I am still worried!!!! I learned that heart shaped uterus is in a different degrees, I guss mine wasn't so bad. I posted earlier today and some ladies responded to my post, you can read what they said. Good luck.
I was told the same with my first.  I had bleeding to with my first and was put on bedrest early in my pregnancy for preterm labor.  Depends on the degree of the heart shaped if you are considered high risk.  They monitered me very closely with my daughter and I went 35 weeks 6 days and had a healthy baby girl,  She was 5 pounds 8 ozs and didn't have any troubles.  She is now a typical 2 year old and the light of my life.  If you have any other questions about my pregnancy with my daughter feel free to email me at ***@****  Take Care! and GOOD LUCK
I was Just told yesterday that I have a heart shaped uterus. Iam six weeks Prego and I have had 3 other miscarges. None of the doctors I went to before this pregnacy could tell me why I was having the miscarges. So I wasnt put on any medications to help me in the last ones, Now this doc that I have has put me on Pegstrone ( dont know if I spelled that right). He is watching me very closely I go in for another ultra sound in a week to see if they can see the baby I went at 5 1/2 weeks and all they could see was a yolk sak.. I havent had any bleeding. I was just wondering if there was someone out there that has been in my situation? And what the outcome of it was?? Or anyone who has any information on the topic. I really dont know much about it.
Hi I'm rachael, 23, just was diagnosed with the heart shaped uterus. I've had the same thing happen to me, twice, at around 6-10 weeks I went in for ultrasound. nothing but the the yolk sack. one , 2 yrs ago and just last week. none of my  actual docs diagnosed me with the crazy uterus. but I went into the ER about 3 wks ago due to pain (no bleeding) and they did an ultrasound to see if all was ok. it wasn't, they didn't say it but I knew. it had happened b4. So then the ER doc tells me about my uterus after very thuro ultrasound. last year I had gotten pregnant, bled around the 8th week. went in for ultrasound bc my hormone level was actually going up. I had been pregnant with twins and lost one. I made it all the way to 34 wks, keep in mind I was not yet diagnosed nor monitored closely, when I felt no movement from my babygirl. I was devastated because as I had guessed she had passed. I'm wondering if she had run out of room? And is this my doctors fault? should I consider surgery? I  have not yet bled from my misscarriage and I am afraid  of another dnc.
Oh and the 1st time I misscarried I nearly bled to death. It was crazy scary. I had no idea wat was wrong with me.
I just had my 2nd miscarriage last Saturday.  My doctor suspects that my heart shaped uterus is to blame.  I will have the surgery to correct this as soon as my levels fall back to 0. I was just wondering has anyone had the surgery and had a successful pregnancy afterwards?  Thanks