Maternal & Child Community
prolapsed cervix
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

prolapsed cervix

I was wondering if anybody has permanent cervical prolapse after having a child.  I had my dd 2 1/2 years ago and during certain times of the month, my cervix actually comes out a bit.  (gross, I know)  Anyway, I had a very early miscarriage in June and have been concerned that perhaps my cervix is weakened or the position of it contributed to the miscarriage.  I was just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My sister has had this since after baby #2. After baby #3 it got really bad. If she wears a tampon, it sometimes turns sideways inside of her, or even falls out. In her case, her uterus was falling, and is now upside down. If it is just structural like what you describe, it can be surgically repaired. In my sisters case, it led to more problems, and she is getting ready to have her uterus removed. She is hoping they will be able to repair her cervix, and save it. Most Dr.'s won't repair you structurally until you're done having kids. It doesn't hurt to ask though.
Blank
112359_tn?1226870683
I don't know if it could have contributed to a miscarriage, but if it's getting to be uncomfortable and surgery isn't an option now you might ask whether a pessary (spelling?) would be appropriate. A  relative of mine got one because of her prolapsed vagina and it's made a huge improvement in her comfort level and it keeps it from "coming out" as you described.
Blank
Thanks.  My sister had the same problem and ended up with a hysterectomy and I am sure that will be my fate as well.  She didn't have any problem with her second pregnancy and prolapse.  I would like to have one more child though so I will have to wait.  It isn't too much of a pain yet....it is strange it is worse before I ovulate and when I am on my period.  I have a hard time wearing tampons.  I guess I was just worried that since my cervix is exposed part of the time, it isn't staying closed and is what caused my miscarriage.  I can't find anything that supports that theory though.  I am just so nervous about getting pregnant again.  I have my annual in 2 weeks and will talk to my doc about my concerns.  In the meantime, I am in the middle of my two week wait and timed everything right with an ovulation kit, now I just have to wait and see if it worked!
Blank
I have the same thing, my cervix came out with my son during delivery and sits really low.  I wassent to a physical therapist for this and other issues.  Try doing kegels, it helps to pull it up and keep it there.  If that doesn't work then you may need surgery, but wait till after you are done having kids.  It's probably good to ask your Dr. about it.  Mine didn't seem to think I would have any problems with baby #2, but I am so keeping up with my exercises!
Blank
hi i'm 26 and i had my daughter 3 yrs ago now and she had to be delivered by forceps. i couldn't deliver my son so had to have c section. he' s 7. i can feel my cervix all the time and having sex is so painful. my tampons turn sideways when i put them in sometimes cannot get them in straight. once i could not move out of bed for a whole day after sex as i was crippled with pain. my relationship has suffered because of this and im getting annoyed with this now as doctors have said he's too rough but even gentle sex hurts. what is wrong and does anyone else have this problem.
Blank
hia, am 24 and am 37weeks pregnnt with my 5th child, i have had a cervical prolapse since havin my 2nd child due to his speedy delivery, it got worse with my 3rd child it would hang out a few inches, but after my 4th it was fine until i fell pregnant with my 5th and its so bad this time i cant even go for a wee with out it hangin low.
i dont think this had any thing to do with your unfortunate miscarriage, good luck with your next baby x
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...