prometirum vaginally or orally?
Hi all-
Today is 6wks1 day.  Hcg is 36,700, which i think is alittle high for 6 wks, at 5 wks they were 5,600 but during ultrasound saw the yolk sack and doc. said things looked normal.  at that time, i was taking prometrium orally 2x a day and a 5wks, my progestrone was 51.  I told my doctor they were making me extremely dizzy and tired, so he told me to take them vaginally 2x a day.  I've been doing so for the last week and had my prog & hcg done yesterday and my progerstrone level dropped to 24.  they said it would drop alittle since i've taken them vaginally since it goes right to the correct place and not through my blood stream as does the oral pills.  I'm so nervous that it dropped 1/2 in a week and am fearing the worst.  We lost 3 pregnancies this year and i'm totally a wreck.  does anyone know if it's better to take progestrone orally or vaginally????  I'm gonna start doing it 3X a day and hope the #'s go back up.  also, Can I take the morning pill vaginally, and the other two vaginally?  is mixing how your taking prometrium bad????any help would be so appreciated.
Marie!

I didn't know you were pregnant again!!!!  Congratulations!  Were you trying?  Have you made it farther than you did the other pregnancies?  I would ask about the vaginal suppositories you could take.  Or if you're worried, could you take them orally again and just put up with the dizziness?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Hi there.  We did try after I had one 'normal' AF after our last loss.  I didn't think it was going to happen, especially since i only have 1 tube and have the worst luck this past year with life, but low & behold it did.  We want to be happy, but after 3 losses, it's hard to get excited.  We're going tomorrow for ultrasound 6wk1dy, and hope to see a heartbeat.  We've never seen a heartbeat, so if we do tomorrow, that will be the farthest along we've been.  I'm gonna ask the doctor if I should just take them orally, to keep numbers high.  God, i pray that this isn't meaning things are falling.  I would definitly put up with the dizziness by taking them orally if it will keep this baby.  I figured they would be better vaginally b/c it goes right there.  arg.  how are u?
i did the suppositories till week 15 or so, i've heard its more efficient. long as your level doesnt drop anymore it sounds like it should be ok.
Best wishes tomorrow during your U/S...I hope you see that HB!!!  Let us know.  *fingers crossed*
I did mine vaginally until 12 weeks.  However I dont know anything about mixing them (vaginally, and orally).  I would contact the dr. about this.  I think your levels sound good.  I hope you see a hb at your u/s.  You will feel so relieved, atleast I know I did.  Good luck to you!!

EXTRA STICKY BABY DUST~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*