quick question?
So i had not gotten my period for at least three months. I finally had what seemed like my period, but my friends have been telling me lately that it could be a vaginal bleeding not a period. I've been having these sharp pains and sometimes it feels like cramps. Sometimes it feels sore, and other times like if I'm stretching. I'm not the type to get headaches as often for no reason, but now when i do i even want to throw up. I'm not sure if its just my body acting up or if something is wrong with me. Is there any one out there that can help me?
Hi!
If you have not had periods for 3 months, were not on depot shots, and are sexually active, then the first thing to rule out is pregnancy. It is possible to bleed during pregnancy. It can also be a miscarriage. Go for a blood pregnancy test. A blood HCG estimation test would be more reliable. If the test is negative then you are not pregnant. If it is borderline, repeat after 48 hours to see if the levels are rising. Rising and doubling levels indicate pregnancy. A falling HCG level indicate miscarriage.
The other possibility is that it is breakthrough bleeding of long acting contraceptive pills or depot shots. Please consult your gynecologist. Take care!