Maternal & Child Community
raw under fat rolls

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

raw under fat rolls

my two month old has alot of fat rolls... one place is under her neck. Yesterday i found that under her rolls she was really raw to the point the skin was peeling. it looks painful. im keeping desitin on it and trying to keep it as dry as possible. she also has them where on the inside of her legs where her diaper is. What else can i do it hurts my heart to see her in pain
Tags: painful, raw
you need to take her to her ped.   the problem with sores that go untreated(or treated incorrectly) can lead to infrection or staph.
My second daughter had those when she was little and still gets a spot or two around her panty area now because of moisture.  We used anything with zinc oxide to dry it up and protect it.  Also if it got yeasty looking (which she was prone to have also) we used anti-fungal stuff.  Talk with your ped and find out what they recommend...that was the advice we were given.
I agree with taking her to the pediatrician...it can be fairly normal but it needs treatment. My daughter used to get little redness in the folds on her thighs and we used dove white soap and kept them dry and it cleared right up, but we did it under the direction of her pediatrician. always best to ask, especially if it's getting as bad as you say it is...probably yeast outgrowth which will need anti-fungal like lhughes said :).
dd is all rolls and gets them. if i remember to pry them open and clean them gently, it always looks normal the next time i check. it only gets that way if i forget for 2 or 3 days.
Cam used to get this too, had too many chins I think!  If I missed cleaning under the rolls after a bottle or something, it would get that way, even in a day.  I took him in too, I think he had to go in for something else anyway, but it's always good to get it looked at.  Then you can be sure it's okay.  I would at least call your ped's nurse & ask what she thinks.  Ours is great about advice & whether or not we need to come in- which we usually do.