Maternal & Child Community
rubella IgG level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

rubella IgG level

Today i got the reports for the TORCH test,and the reports said , that i have normal  Rubella Igm normal less then0.5 and i have very high Rubella IgG that is 52 H.
is that some thing to worry , is that mean i m infected by Rubella, will every thing be fine , or shall i abort the same .
I am in the 2nd month of pregnancy
Please suggest
Any suggestions about my case
Im sorry I dont know what that means.  i wish I could help you.  Did you ask our dr?  He/she should be able to tell you what you should do.  I dont know if that means you have it or not.  I never had anything like that come up on mine.  My dr doesnt give me results, they just say everything is good.  Unless there is something wrong Im sure.  Good luck and if I were you I would call the dr and ask them what that means exactly!!!  GOOD LUCK!!

Baby Dust!
Doc ,,
Any suggestions, in my case.

thanks
There are no doctors here.  You definitely need to discuss with your own doctor.  I don't know what those numbers mean, either.
Hi ,

Any suggestions, would you like to give any suggestions on this ,,

Many thanks
No problem.  You're welcome!
I believe those results simply indicate that you are immune to Rubella.

Here's a quote:

"The presence of IgG antibodies but not IgM antibodies indicates a history of past exposure to the virus or vaccination and indicates that the person tested should be immune to the rubella virus."

So, simply put, you are immune to Rubella either due to vaccination or infection in the distant past (like, childhood).  That's all the test result means.  

Here is the entire link:
http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/rubella/test.html

Hi,,
Thanks a ton, u made my day .
I knew this is some thing like this ,,
as i called up my doc she also said the same
thanks....

God bless ..
Hi ,

Thanks ,, for that Update ,,
I,ll surely do give a call to my Doc to check the same , i tried the same as well, however some my Doc was not reachable will sure try that again
Thanks !!
No doctors here, hun, she's right.  Sorry to confuse you with the name, it is understandable, but I just wasn't thinking when I made it up.  It relates to me getting my PhD in another field-non-medical related.  I apologize I can't comment on your situation from a medical perspective, only a gal like the rest of you, pg (in my case dealing with fertility issues).  Anyway, that being said, one small comment that is from my experience-I would really look into the pros and cons if they are recommending a vaccination, especially a combined MMR shot.  There is a small amt of buzz re: vacinations during pg as cause of autism.  If there is anyway you can get a non-thimerosol shot (if they are recommending) that is better.  And Rubella alone is better than the combo.  But thimerosol is small amts of Mercury, and though research has NOT proven it to be so, many of us in the field of autism believe there is a link. Pls keep this in mind and do the hw on your situation.  I don't know risks assoc with that high of rubella in your system.  Maybe they outweight the shot...but food for thought (from a non-medical person!). :)
Very high rubella IgG count if 52??? Gosh, mine was 473 IU/mL! Is that abnormal??