Maternal & Child Community
sex after miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

sex after miscarriage

I recently had a miscarriage on 7 Nov and continued to bleed all week.  This weekend I thought I had stopped (nothing on the pad) but I do have slight brownness when I wipe at times.  Do I need to wait a week after the spotting stops?  Or is it just a week after the major stuff?  Or do you wait to have sex after all the bleeding stops and not waiting after that?
Thank you for any information.
I was told I m.c back on Oct 23 and was told once I completely stopped bleeding we could have sex again.  So if I was you I would wait until its completely gone even the browish stuff.
Hi, yeah just looked it up. No sex till bleeding stops and you have no other symptoms. Also you should n't try to concieve (conceive) again until you have at least one normal period.
Soooo sorry for your loss...
After my miscarriage last month, my ObGyn said NO BD until the bleeding has completely stopped.  He said there was a risk for some infection if we didn't wait.  I didn't want to chance it, so we waited a few days until it was totally gone.
(Course he also said to wait to ttc until after my would-have-
been due date... 8 months from now!!! He said that in his
experience it's too emotional to deal with for the woman and
her feelings around that due date.  WHAT???  Uh, no!!!  We
are back to ttc already!!)
Well,
I definately feel like I am living on the edge. We BD the very day of the m/c on the 5th 0f Nov.. I stopped bleeding the next day. I had no pain after the initial 5 hours when I was passing the tissue. Then we BD the next day and all was well. I feel like I am back to normal. Only thing is my breast's are very tender. I was only 5 weeks when I m/c very low HCG at 127 on the day of m/c. I also tested neg opk mon-tues and then + on thursday.. Whats up with that???? So I guess my m/c was not as painful as some. We are not waiting and no body told us to. So we ML like there is no tomorrow. But I am curious why the breast tenderness?? I never get that, not even when PG.. Very odd...
The hospital where I had my d&c said either of these 2 situations: no sex for 2 weeks after d&c or miscarriage even if bleeding stops after 2 days OR no sex until bleeding completely stops (as some women can bleed longer than 2 weeks).
yeah, wait till the bleeding stops completely. i am sorry for your lost. good luck and god bless!
I had a misscarrage a month ago bleed for about 10 days the stopped for a week then started again for another week now just spotting. Is it safe to have sex yet?
About two weeks ago i suffered a miscarriage about now 2wks ago..it was very painful and hurtful...i feel like the whole world fell on me and my boyfriend was very sad about what had happened..i was 2in a half months preg and was looking forward to staring to have a nest of our own but it seemed to crash.. and i want to have sex with him and i feel so lost right now so my question is what should i do at this point???