short cervix
Has anyone ever heard of a "short" cervix?  At my last appt. my doctor said he was a little concerned about my my cervix being "to short for comfort".  He just said he wanted to watch it and check at my future appts.  I read and I believe it may be something that you just have, not that it happens during pregnancy.  I have heard of your cervix thinning, but I believe this is different.  I am 32 wks now and my little boy, from the US weighs 5 lbs already.. He said if I carry to term he may reach 9 lbs..wow
Yes, I've heard of it.  
i have a short cervix , due to 2 leeps, i am now 30 weeks and everything is good, i had us every 2 weeks to keep an eye on it...
I have a short cervix naturally and by 18 weeks I was 100% effaced and had to have an emergency cerclage placed.  I was on bedrest and all the labor meds and in & out of the hospital until I delivered at 34 weeks.
If you don't mind my asking, were you able to take your baby home at 34 wks or did you have to wait until 36?  I haven't had any problems.. my dr. had me on bedrest for a week to see if my BH contractions would slow down.. they didn't so i'm on my normal routine again.  He just told me to watch for any pain, bleeding, etc.. He wants me to make it to atleast 36 wks.  I asked him what the chances are of premature labor and he said no different than anyone elses.  That's why I'm so confused about this "short cervix".
No, I wasn't able to take them home.  My oldest (2 years old) was born at 34w0d and was in NICU for 18 days with feeding problems.  My youngest (9 months) was born at 34w5d and was in NICU for 9 days with breathing problems.  Both are relatively healthy now.  My preterm labor was because of my uterus (I have a unicornate uterus, 1/2 uterus), so baby was running out of room.  But since I have a short cervix also, braxton hicks that may not matter to a regular cervix just matter more.  

By the way, I had big babies too.  Oldest was 5lbs 7oz.  Youngest was 6lbs 10oz.