side effects of steroid injection?
While reading a thread earlier, I saw some ladies comment that they experienced some side-effects from steroid injections to promote lung maturity. Can anyone share their experiences? Also, did it hurt?
I like to be prepared and aware of what I may experience. If I'm going to be crazy, I'll make sure it's on a day DH is off.
Most of the ladies I see getting them don't seem to have many symptoms.  I've probably given thousands of those shots!

Steroids can cause some restlessness, flushed looking face, feeling hot, sleeplessness.  It should be transient and not horribly bothersome.  
I had no side effects at all other than a slightly sore muscle at the injection site.
I was up wired and awake for the first 36 to 48 hours, I did experience the flushing peek mentioned and I ate like a crazy person fir about 4 or 5 days.

The shot itself did not tickle but wasn't that bad at all. None of it was that bad.. I would do it again without thinking twice about it.

Best of luck.. N don't worry too much about it.. It isn't a big deal.

I just posted something about taking Nifedipine and the side effects of that and if the steroid shots can effect it more. I felt pretty wired after my shot and I am feeling that again. I am hoping to at least get some sleep tonight.

The shot itself wasn't too bad. Had it in my backside and it just burned for a minute and was okay after that. I had one yesterday and today.

It's not too bad at all and I HATE shots.
thanks ladies :)
when do you start the steroid shots? do you have preeclampsia (sp?) again?
he's giving it to me at 34 weeks.
I don't have preeclampsia, as far as we know. He's been watching me every 2 weeks all along, checking the placenta, growth and fluid levels at every visit. He was planning on doing steroids all along prophylactically, since it's something he can do in case there's any problems. Turns out it was a pretty good plan, since steroids are a treatment for optic neuritis, my newest ailment. He said they could have given me steroids sooner for the eye problem, but the opthamologist was hesitant and decided to wait until i would've gotten them anyways.

It may be just paranoia, I've had a feeling all along that something will eventually go wrong though. I am worried that there's some underlying condition that causes my issues. We're going to follow up more after I have the baby.
turns out sleeplessness is definitely a side-effect for me. I barely got ANY sleep last night.

Don't know if it's related to the shot, or the fact that yesterday was the first hot day of the summer, but i retained a LOT of fluid yesterday. I weighed myself in the AM and PM, and I gained 5-6 pounds in 12 hours. I lost the weight by this morning.

The shot itself hurt like crazy for the first 1/2 hour, but then was fine.

I'm pretty sure it's already helping with the optic neuritis though, so I am actually looking forward to my second shot today.
I just read this...and was going to tell you that the shot hurt lol Glad you already got it lol. I remember DREADING the 2nd injection the next day lol