Maternal & Child Community
skin tag??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

skin tag??

My 6 year old son has had 2 what looked to be skin tags on his side for about a year now. Just recently i have notice there is more should i be concerned.

Hi!
I am not sure what you mean by sides. If it is around the anus then if they have increased in number then it could be that there was a prolapsed of the mucosa or they are papillomas or  polyps or some growths that needs investigation. If they are appearing on sides of neck of body then they could be due to obesity or frictional injury or without a cause.
You need to show this to his pediatrician. The treatment can be wait and watch or removal through ligation, cautery or surgery. Take care!