Maternal & Child Community
slowed fetal movement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

slowed fetal movement

I am 26 weeks pregnant and have notice since yeaterday that I haven't felt the baby move much.  I tried to take notice all day and finally felt a kick late last night.  I do have a Dr. appt tomoorow for an ultrasound but they didn't seem to worry about it.  I was wondering if any of you guys had gone through this before and if it is normal.  I do have anterier placenta but up until yesterday at 3 different times throughout the day baby would be very active.  It was like clock work for him.
I had inactivity at around 32 weeks or so, maybe 34 weeks.  So the doc had me come in for a non-stress test.  They just hook you up to a fetal heart monitor and you wait for like 20 minutes staring at the ceiling.  The doc thought he was moving fine and in the next day or so things were back to normal.

I hope things turn out well for you!! By giving you an u/s it sounds like you have a good doc and he will watch you closely.
Me too!
worried that he wasnt moving much, Hooked up to a monitor and all was well, Some of the moves he made I never even felt.
Tommorow when you see your little baby you will be relieved I think all mothers to be worry about this !
I think they said to lay flat on your back with your hands on your tummy and get 10 moves in 2 hours
As you are active through the day you dont notice the moves
Hope all is well
Thanks to all of you I do feel better.  I lost my first baby at 5 months I know I am further than that but it just freaked me out.  I just had gotten so use to feeling the baby throughout the day.  My Dr didn't say anything about a NST probably feels ultrasound will do it.  She will have me start a weekly NST and ultrasound around 32-34 weeks as she did with my last 2 babies because of High blood pressure.
At 26 weeks the baby is still pretty small, it is possible the little critter just moved into a position you can't feel his/her activity as much. My son was very active too, I could see little feet poking out by 20 weeks, but at about 5 months I stopped feeling him move so I too had a non stress test and it showed him very active, I just couldn't feel it.  It turns out that I had a heart shaped uterus and his head got stuck in the upper part of it and his arms and legs were facing inward. So he was moving, I just couldn't feel it.  The ultrasound tomorrow will make you feel a lot better when you can see all the acrobatics!

Take Care!
I can sympathize with your anxiety. I had this happen at about 26 weeks, I didn't feel him move all day and I panicked.  I went in and they hooked me up and he was all over the place I just couldn't feel him.  She told me I wasn't resting enough and that I was just too tired to feel him moving about.  I was worried because I am diabetic (was diabetic prior to pregnancy).  I am 31 weeks and I start next week going to weekly appointments for NST's and ultrasounds.  I am sure that everything is fine with your baby!