Maternal & Child Community
son weeing and pooing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

son weeing and pooing

my son is nearly 5 years old, me and his mom have not been together since he was a baby. Over the last few months he has started weeing on his bed and his bedroom floor. His mom has tried everything with him but nothing seems to work. He only does it at home, it has now progressed to him pooing and weeing and also doing it on the bathroom floor. His mom keeps saying she dont know if she wants him anymore because she cant cope, i have had him for a week and he has'nt done it once but he never does when he stays at mine. The phychiatrist has said there is nothing wrong but i think there is, has anybody got any idea's??? i would be really grateful.
I could only think that the reason any child that age would do something like that is if he cannot get to the toilet most probably from being locked in his room. Is there someone new in her life or do you think his mother could being doing something to him she shouldn't. I don't mean for this to seem like an accusation but if he is at your house and not doing it then it is something at her house that is making him do it. I do hope you can get to the bottom of this but these are just my thoughts on the subject. Good luck
Hon, I would take it as a sign that he should be with you.  Any mom who just gives up and says she doesn't want him any more ...  all I can say is that what he is doing is a cry for help and he needs out of there.  Good luck, I hope you can reassure the boy he is loved and wanted and will be treated well when he is with you.  Some day he might tell you what was really going on (I have heard of a child do something like this because he was sexually abused by a trusted neighbr) but maybe now he just needs safety.  That means you.
you should take him with you... any mother that says that she doesn't know if she wants him anymore is frankly scarey you hear of these woman killing their children... please save your boy and give him a home where he knows and feels he is wanted.. how sad to be 5 and to feel unwanted by your own mother.. shame on her