Maternal & Child Community
spotted and still no period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

spotted and still no period

hey everyone- this is  my first time using one of these but im getting pretty desperate! lol here is whats going on- i was supposed to get my period on the 23rd of sept instead i had some spotting on the 20th and on the 21st after that the spotting stopped and never returned- mind you the spotting wasn't enough to fill a tampon or a pad on both days and was very light pink- my boyfriend and i are trying to have a baby so we have been having unprotected sex since the 6th of sept- when it said i would be ovulating - it is now the 8th of oct and i have  yet to get my period of a positive test- could it be that im just really early? the symptoms seem to be getting stronger by the day and yet the tests  still say neg!  with my daughter i had to wait 2 weeks to get a positive test and i was wondering if yall think i should just try to get a blood test done instead of wait?
The spotting on the 20th and 21st could have been an unusually light period.
Even if it has never happened before, there is a first time for everything.  

Take a test again in a few days to a week, using a sensitive test and a first morning urine.  There is no magic in pregnancy tests--when the level of HCG is high enough to trigger the test, it will be positive.

Good luck!  See your doctor if you aren't sure what to do, but keep in the back of your head that this could have actually been a very light, short period.