Maternal & Child Community
spotting and bleeding after positive ivf pregnancy test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi There,
I'm hoping someone out there can tell me about their experience with IVF.  Over a week ago I had a positive pregnancy test, I had some brown spotting, which I was somewhat concerned about, but it seems that it was just old blood and the crinone coming out.  Now I have red spotting and I am worried, I know the nurses know what they are doing, and they g=have told me just don't stress and relax, as long as it doesn't get too heavy.  But anyway, I'm nervous, i've never been pregnant before and just worried and would like to hear other people experiences.  So hoping some women out there can tell me their stories after IVF.
Thanks in advance!
I too had blood in first two pregancies after transfer
first time was a lot - but they said whats the point of an ultrasound we can't see anything till week six - only a heartbeat means anything - rest rest rest - so I rested (still worked but took it easy)  and baby was fine

next one - I had the experience - so i just called docs and told them - I actually bled the day I got the first set of HCG results so I was sure it was over - bled a few more times before it was OK to u/s - and u/s showed two heartbeats!  bleed heavier a few more times between 6-10 weeks - each time had u/s and each time babies were fine
two fine babies from that one

this time I have bled when I am throwing up so much - but u/s thus far show two fine babies

good luck
Thanks, I've just come back from the having a blood test at the clinic and I was told the best thing to do was to go home and put my feet up.  So I'm doing my best to not stress and relax and will wait to hear what the test tells me.  My ultrasound is booked for the 1st July, which the nurse said to day was good because it was just over 6 weeks and the blood test today would only give an indication to all the hormone movements.  It's funny because I noticed that on saturday and sunday (I spent the days relaxing), my spotting/bleeding was not so bad...?  So I guess relaxing is the key.  So now how will I do that when I run my own business and work part-time!?
Thanks for your story, good to hear that all went well for you - I'm on the positive thought and resting and that is the most I can do.
i had spotting at 5-6 weeks pinkish, redish. then a week later, it came out brown. the brown i was told is the old red blood inside coming out. my doctors said dont worry its normal unless you cramp badly and you bleed heavily. then call her.
my friend spotted during her whole prengnacy. its ok.
Hey thanks for that, I had the brown spotting prior to my pregnancy test also it only turned red yesterday...  No cramping, so that is good and I must say I feel much better relaxing (does that mean i am just not cut out to work...?  I wish!!!  I think I must be dreaming...).

Thanks again.  This is great, I've never done this before, it really is great to hear from other peoples experiences.
hey, I am currently 10 weeks pregnant, when I was 6 and a half weeks pregnant I noticed some bleeding and thought I was having a miscarriage because I had two miscarriages before, I went to the er and I was devistated but they told me that everything is fine, and that I had to rest, then at about 9 weeks I began to bleed again, but this time brown blood, and the next day was my doctors appointment, she did an ultra sount, and she told me that I have a blood clot in my uterus, and that i should rest but the baby is fine. so I suggest you go to the doctor and do what she says
Well, I'm not pregnant anymore...  I'm very sad, I've had a good cry and my hubby came home and gave me lots of hugs and told me all the right things, like "every-thing's going to be ok, we'll try again until it happens, nothing's going to stop us".  So I'm going back on 24 July to see the doctor and hopefully we won't have to wait to long to go again.

So the nurses keep telling me that rest is the best thing and not to stress.  I guess my problem is that I work part time and own a business...  So I am going to try really hard to stop and relax.

But after my tears and sadness I'm going to get on the positive and cross my fingers for next time, which hopefully won't be to long away...

Thanks Ladies