Maternal & Child Community
spotting for 2 weeks!! implantation or breakthrough bleeding???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

spotting for 2 weeks!! implantation or breakthrough bleeding???

Im on BC and i have been on the same BC for almost a year now with no problems until now. my last cylce started on april 28 which was pretty normal, then i started spotting on may 16, so about 2 weeks after my cycle...and im still spotting. my nxt cycle was supposed to start this tuesday that passed, may 26. the spooting has varied in color...sometimes light brown, sometimes redish or pink. so im worried if this is implantation bleeding or breakthrough bleeding?? I took a pregnancy test on the 26th wen my cycle was supposed to start but it came out neg. :/
but i know that its not always accurate....i do have some pregnancy symptoms like nausea, no vomitting tho, headaches, eating a lot more and just little things like that and even my husband is convinced im pregnant. we aren't trying to get pregnant at this time but if we are then we will be happy. but im just worried cuz i dnt know wats going on! i dnt kno if this is breakthrough bleeding or implantation bleeding or a miscarriage?? would breakthrough bleeding last this long??
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Breakthrough bleeding could last that long. Implantation bleeding is usually very scant, only a day or less and a few spots (I happened to have implantation bleeding only once with my pregnancies). The symptoms could be due to the pill or there is always a small chance you are pregnant so you could wait and test again or get bloodwork. If you continue to have breakthrough bleeding, I would see your doc just to make sure that the pill is working effectively.
Blank
134578_tn?1383690151
It sounds like your pill's effectiveness has been reduced this past month, causing breakthrough bleeding.  I would use another kind of birth control as backup and go see your doc and possibly get onto a different pill.  If you took antibiotics or drank a lot of grapefruit juice this last month, it could have an effect as well on the efficacy of your pill.  When you see your doc, he could also order a blood-based pregnancy test to be sure you aren't pregnant.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...