Maternal & Child Community
spotting instead of period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

spotting instead of period?

Hi, got another problem, my period was supposed to start 2 days ago and instead I have a very faint beige spotting which is very light. Should this be considered a period since i've had a d&c @ 2 months ago or is this common?
Welcome Lola... it could be many things.. are you trying to get PG right now?  The last PG i had At the time AF was due i had spotting and no bleeding.  Unfortunately the PG was lost early 4-5 weeks.
Other woman have the spotting and are PG and carry on normal PG.
I hope this gets answered:) Anyhow I am 33yrs old I have four children,14,11,9,and 6 A year and half after my fourth was born I decided to get my tubes tied, about the last month and a half or so I have had mild cramping my last period,I was 9 days late and when it finally came it was light and only lasted 3 days and now again I am waiting for a monthly but have only had brownish spotting and still the minor cramping I have since gained a significant amount of weight and my small breasts have become quite enlarged and tender I have taken a HPT but it was neg My husband thinks it is just my metabolism catching up with me after being a size 3 all my life(Sz.7Now) (Shrug,I don't know) However I thought surgical sterilization was a permanent remedy of birth control I know nothing is ever 100% and if the case maybe that I am pregnant Does anyone know if pregnancy can be carried out or would the chances be greater of having an Ectopic Pregnancy and has anyone in this Forum ever conceived after having a Tubal ligation Please R.S.V.P
                     Thank You,
                            Lovely
Hi I just wanted to comment on having a heavier monthlies when you gain weight. Most of my life I was 104lb only fluctuating 2 or 3 pounds either way. My monthly at that time was light and only lasted 3 or 4 days. Now I am around 135lb and since then my cycles have gotten heavier and more intense, they also went from a 28 day on the nose cycle to 30 to 33 days. Just wanted to say it could just be your body adjusting to the weight. But I wish you the best.

Christine
may i ask, how old you are? It is possible with weight gain, and light periods, that maybe your starting to go through menopause. i am not a doctor, it is just a thought i had when i was reading your post. hope this did not offend you.
melonie
I too have experienced the same thing with the weight gain... big difference in the flow... weight can affect alot of things including ovulation.. i need to lose about 20 lbs or so to get my cycles back to a normal 30-32 days... at this point im all over the place... never know when it will come...:)
its hard to conceive that way!
Hey there. It sounds like you could be preg, but on the other hand having your tubes done is quite a way to prevent it so,  you better see your doc just in case. I know years ago when they did tubes, alot of women still conceived so it is possible.
HI I HAD MY PERIOD ON MAY 7TH UNTIL MAY 23. BUT AFTER I FINISHED I STARTED SPOTTING AGAIN AND MY LEFT OVARY HURTS.. ANY ONE KINDA KNOW ANYTHING BOUT THAT?..
Hello, my first time to post here, my name is Angela. Anyway, last month I had a normal period that started on May 17th. I'm never exactly on time, but I was expecting to start this week. The past couple of days I had an upset stomach, just out of curioity I took a pg test, last night, which turned out negative, but the strange part was when I wiped myself after using the bathroom, there was a slight amount of blood, so I just thought I was starting my period, I put on a panty liner and went to bed. This was around 11 pm last night, when I woke up, I expected to have the normal (normal for me that is) heavy first day period, but there was nothing, no blood. That confused me a little. Around, 1pm today, I went to the bathroom and it happend again, just a slight amount of blood, but that's it. This has never happend before, and I have 2 kids ages 7 & 1. Is this what happens during implantation bleeding? Thanks!
alright..i need some help...and please if you know anything answer this! Alright, i had sex with my boyfriend about 2 months ago...well it will be 2 months on the 15th of July....i have gotten 2 very normal periods...on time, and about 5 or 6 days long. The only thing is that i am currently, and also did last month have a problem with spotting. It is about half way through when my period ended and when i am playing to get my period again. Now it has been about 3 days on and off...and not too badly...but i dont know why!!! I have no symptoms of being preg.(no sickness, nausea....no tender boobs). also, im not on the pill so i am not sure why i spot like this..please help me....email me if you know ANYTHING!!!! ***@****
I was supposed to start my period on February 11th.  Today is the 17th and no period.  I had two days of light spotting and one day of light bleeding and one day of some brown spotting.  I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend two weeks after my last period.  Could there be a chance that I am pregnant?  If not, what could it be?
thers always a chance of being pregnant if your having unprotected sex. always! take a test!
I spotted two days, then 2 days light period and now I am spotting.  Not enough for a pad, just a pantyliner.  Could this indicate pregnancy?  PLEASE let me know ASAP
Question.....

I spotted instead of my period for the week I should have had my period. What are some reasons for this other than pregnancy. I also am not on birth control but very high stress.
I am 38 years old and have two kids very healthy, I am on Clomid and got preg and miscarried. :(
trying again a year later. I am due my period August 12th. I have only gotten very light spotting. no cramps and watery like pinkish fluid. till this day Aug 13th nothing can someone please tell me what that can be. I wanted to go see my doctor but, allways have been a pain in the past and do not want to continue with stupid questions. Any one has an answer please comment. tks :)
Im 21. & i just got over the flu. Im late and spotting light pink & beige-ish but its VERY light for a couple days now, & now im starting to feel sick again. I have  PCOS(diagnosed 6yrs ago)  but for the last 3months had normal 21day cycles(not normal for me) i have an active sex life w/ my long term bf( we live together) im wondering if i could be pregnant, we want kids so we dont use protection, but i dont want to get my hopes up because of the pcos. Anyone else gone thru this.? Thanks-Nicole.
I wish this would be answered.. i think im pregnant... instead of a period i just have very faint pink blood that only shows when i go to the restroom. very light..
if you have any ideas on whats going on you can email me at,
***@**** (no caps.)
thank you.
I am 35. I am now on day 34 of my usual 28 day clockwork cycle. Period was due Sat. June 19th and was a "no show".  Took HPT on June 21 - BFN.  June 22nd in a.m. also BFN.  June 22nd evening started light brown scant discharge.  Not even enough to wear a liner.  This continued on and off into Thursday June 24 when discharge then had some light pink, but still not enough to fill up a liner at all.  Also to note, I had major nausea the 23rd and 24th, no vomiting.  Is this my period? Can I possibly be pregnant despite the previous negatives on the HPTs?  So anxious.  TTC 4.5 years.

Nan
  spotting can be a sign of cists on the cervix or ovaries  and if you have pain on ether the left or right side lower abdomen area you may have a ovarian cist I have had a few it is not much I just had to take meds to get rid of them other have to have surgery, but no matter what you should always see your Doctor.

Sincerely
                              someone that cares