Maternal & Child Community
stabbing pains in uterus???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stabbing pains in uterus???

Hi everyone, Im 11 weeks pregnant and the other night while I was in bed, had some sharp stabbing pain in my uterus and also a tiny bit of cramping but the cramping would stop if I changed my position.  Also, although kind of alarming, it was nothing that made me think I should go to the er in the middle of the night.  It came and went for about an hour and then went away completely.  Ive read about round ligament pain and it seems like the kind of pain described only this was not to one side of my uterus but about 2 inches directly above the pubic bone...right in the middle.   I had gone walking earlier that night but felt fine afterward.  Has anyone else had this??   Just wondering.  I see the doc on Tue anyway and will be mentioning it to him. Feel free to use as an open forum.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Up until I was about 16 weeks I had sharp pains all the time EVERYWHERE!  I also had a lot of cramping like I was about to start my period all the time.  My doc did an ultra sound around week 8 to make sure everythign was fine and it was.  I am now 30 weeks and everything is still fine.  I still get sharp pains but not always like I used to before.  I am sure everythign is fine
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
I'm almost 22 weeks and am having the same problem as you right now. I think it's probably just stretching and baby making more room to grow!
Blank
Im just over 10 weeks pregnant & sounding like a broken record as everyone else has just talked about it but its early hours in the morning, whenever i sleep on my right side i start getting pain on my right side. Its sharp pain and then my stomach goes hard, but if i walk about its fine and as soon as i sit down it comes back but then goes...Had a scan today & alls fine but im still so worried dont know if im miscarrying?
Blank
1420648_tn?1295813433
I think if you where miscarrying I think the scan might have flagged something up, but I'm 14 weeks and have had growing pains since bout 5 weeks, I think pains are normal, if I sneeze or laugh to hard get bad pains I'm sure everything will be fine x
Blank
every pregnanies is different this is my third pregnancy and let me tell i still am not used to all that pain in the v v erea. i get the throbbing pulsing pains to, if i sit to long lay wrong. i can only tell ya, unless your having bleeding with these type of pains its normal unfortantly. i body is changing as our baby grows and changes. let me tell ya somn, im 13weeks along and at 10wks my husband and i had sex i gushed a huge amount of blood plus clots. i thought i misscarried, so went in to docs and baby was fine was weird the doc. had no explantion for why that happened. so docs. dont know everything, go by what your body is telling you, need to rest, then rest.. take care pregos...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...