Maternal & Child Community
sticky blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

sticky blood

Hi, me and dh have been ttc for about a year but keep miscarrying. I went to have some bloods done and today have found out i have sticky blood. I was just wondering if anyone else has this and did you have a successful pregnancy. I dont know very much about sticky blood so if anyone can help i would be grateful. I was told that i will have to take baby aspirin but didnt ask if i should take it when ttc. Thank kelly x
I took baby aspirin all through pregnancy until near my due date.  I think it was prescribed by the doctor to help the body not reject the embryo and fetus, but also it does have a slight blood thinning effect.  It's safe.  Don't know anything about "sticky blood" by that name, just thought you might like to know it is prescribed often and seems to be fine.  I think if it were me, I would take it when ttc until your period comes (in other words, from ovulation through period) so if you do get pregs, it is there.