Maternal & Child Community
still bleeding 8 weeks after delivery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

still bleeding 8 weeks after delivery

my son is 8 weeks now...an dim still bleeding. its bright red but its not heavy and hasnt been heavy for about 4 weeks now but its constant. it'll stop for hours but never a whole day and just comes and goes.  could this be a serious health issue???
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If it is red then I think that means it is freash blood and that you shouldn't have an infection. But if I were you I would definately be seeing a doctor about it even if it is just for peace of mind. Good luck.
Blank
may be you were having post pregnancy bleeding earlier and now it's your regular period. you can also have retained placenta that is giving you bleeding.....go see your doc...good luck!
Blank
I did this for 10wks, never a 24hrs w/out blood(never heavy but annoying) the DR told me it was hormones & that I was very fertile. I was also BF like crazy.  R u BFing? I ended up only having 1mo w/ no period & I BF for 8mo :(   I went to the DR 3xs b/c of this. BDing hurt too, I'd always start bleeding during it. R u? Wow I'd love to hear what your DR says. U R  the 1st person that I've heard bleed like I did. Pads suck after 2mo don't they? :)
Blank
what did they say at your 6wk checkup?
Blank
You should really speak to your doctor as soon as you can.

It could be the placenta causing the bleeding, which can be harmful.

It could however be normal, I am just basing this on something which I read and not through experience.

Good luck.
Blank
I knw the felling i've been bleeding since the day i gave birth in will be 10 weeks tomorrow.amd i call my doctor office and they say its normal but with my first pregnancy i only bleed 2 weeks.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...