Maternal & Child Community
still spotting - scan tomorrow, so scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello again, you may recall my post - I have been spotting for 4 weeks, sometimes red but more often than not, brown. I had a scan but they said it was too early, Hcg's taken and did double in 48hrs but 2 weeks later and I am still spotting and still scared!. Scan is finally here tomorrow and I am filled with dread...at least I will know for sure though ;-( xxxxxx
has anyone been through this and had a positive outcome?
ah, thank you so much hope - hope everything continues to go well for you xxx
i have a subchorionic bleed and bleed mostly brown. One bad morning i work up peeing blood . I freaked and was prepared to loose this baby. I went that morning to the dr and my dr did an ultrasound and to my amazment my little bean had grown measured right on time and has a strong heart beat. This was at 9 weeks. I'd been bleeding since 5 weeks . I'm now 14 weeks I had another ultra sound at 12 week and the baby was bouncing around It was wonderful. I'm still worried but I've been on bed rest since I was 6 weeks the bleed still showed on the ultra sound at 12 weeks but my body is now absorbing the blood and the bleed has gotten smaller. I go back in 2 wks for another ultrasound and feel pretty good about everything i haven't bleed in over a week to . I'm finally allowing my self to get excited about this pregnancy. Take it really easy, keep your feet up when ever you can and avoid lifting or doing everything. Drink plenty of water.
I started my pregnancy the same way - bleeding the entire first trimester.  I had the HCG testing done for two weeks and numerious ultrasounds and everything (THANK GOD) was always ok.  The bleeding subsided around week 14.  I am now 26 weeks.

Good Luck and Congrats.