Maternal & Child Community
stomach flu with 7 month old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

stomach flu with 7 month old

My 7 month old DD got the stomach flu last Thursday.  She is breastfed, along with the usual cereal and jar foods.  We didn't give her any milk until Sunday...which she promptly threw up.  So we waited until last night to try again.  Once again, she threw it up.

What can we do to get her better??  The poor thing is handling rice cereal (made with water) and applesauce.  Everything else upsets her stomach.  She is losing weight.  Any ideas??
Go to the doctor it shoudl not have lasted this long.  My daughter had a bug but it only lasted one day.
I agree take her in.
Take her in, breastmilk should be the best thing for her and in fact should help her recover quicker, if she isn't keeping that down she definitely needs to be seen.
I'd take her in. My friend's little guy who is 9 months just got this stomach bug too and he was in the hospital for 3 days due to dehydration. I'd take her in TODAY and make sure she's not dehydrated. I wish you then best.
Yep, after a week, you should get her in.  She will get dehydrated if she isn't getting fluids.  We had this on top of Cam's ear infections and bronchitis.  He was vomiting severely for 3 days and they were concerned by day 3.  He got passed it, but needed to be watched closely and he's 7 & 1/2 months old.  Call the Dr., especially before they are closed for the holiday, hope your little one feels better soon!