Maternal & Child Community
subchorionic hematoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

subchorionic hematoma

I had a positive pregnancy test on 1-18-04, the last time i had intercourse before that was 1-7-04. i saw my ob/gyn on 1-23-04 and a blood test done, hcg level 64. Started spotting (brown discharge) on 1-25-04. I had another blood test on 1-26-04, hcg level 87. I was told then by my doctor that Iwould most likely miscarry but he wanted to check the hcg levl again, so on 1-29-04 hcg was 250 and on 02-04-04 it was 2400. i had an u/s on 02-05-04 and was told I was 5 weeks pregnant but there was no heartbeat.They did see a small subchorionic hematoma that explains the spotting. According to my calculation I was 6 weeks pregnant at my u/s and I'm 100% sure I have my dates right. I had a miscarriage last year at 7 weeks that started with spotting. I'm having another u/s on 2-12-04. I can't find much info on subchorionic hematoma, could that cause me to miscarry again and is it normal that my hcg levels did not double in the beginning and also is it normal that the u/s measured me at 5 weeks when I am sure that i am 6 weeks and that there was no heartbeat.
5-6 weeks is still early to see a heartbeat.  I had a subchorionic hematoma and I did miscarry, but the doctor said that is not the reason.  From my research, I learned that a subchorionic hematoma is sometimes linked to miscarriage, but many people with it carry on to have a healthy pregnancy, especially if you eventually bleed it out.  You may go in for another ultrasound and not see it anymore.  Also, ultrasound dates can be off a little.  Since your hcg levels are rising, it sounds to me like this pregnancy still has a good chance.  Don't give up yet.
I do not want to worry you and I do apologize if I seem so negative when I post but I do feel that as hard as it is to hear people need to know the negative side of things as well so they do not get their hopes up to high to watch them fall.   I had an ultrasound at 5w4d & they were already able to detect a heartbeat.  On a brighter note I did read somewhere that at 6wks vaginal u/s only picked up about 86% of fetal poles so I wouldn't worry just yet especially if your levels are rising.  Good Luck and keep us posted.
hello, new to this board- actually just passing through and just happen to see this post. I have had a healthy pregnancy with a subchorionic hemmorhage. I spotted from week 5-8, they were able to see a heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days, HOWEVER this only after taking a 81 mg baby aspirin!! If I were you I would ask your doctor to check your ANA, APA to see if you have clotting issues. if you do have these then begin the baby aspirin IMMEDIATELY! You see, I had two early miscarriages before that pregnancy at 6 weeks (no HB detected) then when my OB/GYN was doing an infertility work-up she found I had a +ANA and +APA. Well, during the testing we found out we were pregnant and so we got in as soon as we found out and she saw the subchorionic hemmorhage. She immediately put me on a baby aspirin. It is called Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome.

Well, I delivered a healthy baby boy and got pregnant again two more times and had two more miscarriages (early at 6-7 weeks) I had full immune testing (Dr Alan Beer in California) and found I am + Natural Killer cells in my uterus (your body's strongest white blood cell that kill Cancer cells) basically my body was attacking each pregnancy. My son is a miracle. I am now 11 weeks pregnant with baby #2 after taking Baby aspirin, Folgard ( I have a blood clotting gene MTHFR) and lovenox, and IVIG- Intravenous Immunoglobulin. the IVIG calms my immune system so that it doesn't attack the pregnancy. Anyway, please email if you need anything. ***@****

Cyndi
I too was diagnosed with a small subchorionic hemorrhage at 6 wks with an u/s.. Unfortunetly at 9wks, I miscarried. I have been doing research on this from resources found on the internet.. Im confused because some say it does cause miscarraiges and others seem to think not.. Not sure what to believe..
When I was about 11 weeks pregnant I awoke to alot of bright red bleeding I was told that it was a subchorionic hemorrhage but baby was fine. A week later I had a scan and it had not healed yet. Here I am 2 weeks post initial bleed and I awoke at 3am to a large amount of dark brown discharge when I used the bathroom having done some reading, some say that it is the hemorrhage "healing" but other readings say it could be a miscarriage. I am a little confused and unsure if I should be concerned. Can anyone offer some words of wisdom on this or share a similar situation and their outcome?
I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma, only slight brownish discharge a few times. I am 8 weeks pregnant 4 days, and I have had 3 early miscarriage in the past. I am so nervous and I just want everything to be normal.

Any help would be appreciated.
I was diagnosed with SCH at 6 weeks of pregnancy.  I bleed off and on. More on than off. Sometimes I would just gush, and soak pads within an hour. Everytime I went to the Dr. the baby was fine, but the hematoma was still there and after all that bleeding it was still huge. Baby was growing and heartbeat was great. At 11.5 weeks saw the baby move its limbs on Weds, went back the next day and heard the babies heartbeat through doppler.  The hematoma was still there, but baby seemed fine. Woke up at 2 am Friday morning with severe cramping and begin to pass numerous blood clots. I was hoping I was finally getting rid of the hematoma. The pain kept intensifing and by 7 pm I lost my baby. I have been reading about it all day today, which is Sunday, two days later. I have heard a mixture of of miracles and nightmares. I would  demand that your dr. evaluate you for any blood clotting disorders. I wish I would have. Best of Luck to all of you females that have to go through with this.
I was diagnosed with SCH at 14 weeks when I started to bleed while at a business conference. I was mortified and convinced I was losing my baby. The ER folks were incompetent and insensitive as usual and I was left waiting for 2 hours before the performed an ultrasound and I saw the reassuring heartbeat. I was put on complete bedrest by my OB. I considered seeing a specialist put I decided to wait to see if the bleeding stopped in a few weeks. I bled for about 3 weeks with the bleeding slowly tapering off after the first 10 days. I am now 38W1D and looking forward to a c-section next week(baby is transverse)!! None of the gloom and doom predictions came true. I did not miscarry and I did not deliver pre-term. I had strong faith and strong family support throughout this time which I know had an impact on outcome. The doctors tend to be very cautious about giveing too much hope in these situations but you must keep positive and use your support systems to believe and trust your body. I wish you all many blessings and a successful pregnancy
I had bleeding at 5/6 weeks and was diagnosed with a SCH.  I was monitored and discharged from the early pregnancy clinic at 9 weeks.  I bleed again at 11 weeks but was told everything was okay.  The rest of the pregnancy was normal.  However at 39 weeks and 6 days I woke up with bleeding.  I went to hospital and they did a scan and said the placenta was safe.  Was sent home.  at 4 pm went into labour.  By 12 midnight I was for emergency section as the placenta had abrupted (this was obviously what was going on all day).  I do not want to worry anyone but I am thinking of trying for our second baby and when investigating into why the placenta abrupted there seems to be a link with early hematoma.  My Obstretican said that I was unlucky that it only occurs in 1% of pregnancies.  Just something to watch out for towards the end of your pregnancy.  As I say don't want to worry you but look out for anything unusual.  best of luck to you with everything.  PS it was at least six weeks by the time I saw the fetal heart
I am 15 weeks pregnant today. At the begning of my pregnancy week 5 i started spotting went to the ER and did a trans vaginal ultrasound and it was early to see any heartbeat my hcg levels were in the 700'sso they sent me home with bed rest. a week and a half a go i woke up to bleeding only when i went to the bathroom. Again went to the ER they did an internal exam and everything looked normal my hcg levels were high and my ultrasound was normal. We saw the baby kicking and waiving. That was reasurring. they sent me home and the week later i went to see my OBGYN and i tol him i was spotting the whole week and he did an ultrasond and said he found  a retro placenta clot which is another name for subchronic hemorage. He scheduled me another ultrasound and for the past 5 days since my appt with him i continue to spott (brownish) He did say that the clot was stable and it would most likely heal on its own.Its nerve wracking, I am experincing some braxton hicks dont know if it has anything to do with the clot healing. Will keep u all posted.
I am 14 1/2 weeks.  i began spotting around 13 weeks of and on.  it wasn't brownish more of a red or pink.  went to the ER and the baby was fine. (bleeding stopped that day) I went for a check up 3 day later and every thing was still ok.  about a week later i stated spotting again,  i contacted my doc and they sent me to the hospital that night for a u/s.  baby was moving so much they could barley measrure it.  so that was great.  went back to the doc 3 days later to fin out i had a hematoma.  they said it would heal on its own and they will check it again when im 18 weeks. and if its still there i will be sent to a high risk doc for a more  in depth u/s.  so to day im 14 1/2 weeks and began spotting this morning.  i have noticed i start spotting in the morning when i wake up.  im having severe cramping around my navel. it comes and goes.  this is a very scary situation, knowing i had a misscarrige 3 years ago.  but im in my sec trimester so that leaves less risk of misscarrige.  and by the way i heard the heart beat at 7 weeks.  so to every one keep your head up. god only gives you what he knows you can handle!!!!
I want to Thank Ms_Mead for the words of God only gives you what he knows you can handle!!!! I am a mother of 2 wks with #3 and at 7 weeks found out I also have a SH, I was put on total bed rest. I am only to get up to pee. My girls are 3 and 8 and my Husband works 7 days 12 hours. I was in bed for 5 days and was feeling so sad from the lack of play with my girls. I have decided to be in bed as much as I can but my girls need me to play, feed and bath them. I have been taking it easy and keep telling my self this is in Gods hands and he always dose what is rite. So Ladies do keep your head up and I wish the best for you all. God bless our little growing Babies.
I was diagnosed with my hematoma at 13 wks after a scary bleed. My SCH was large and located above my cervix (neither a good situation). The clot never went away and at 28 wks I lost my baby due to complete placenta abruption. The clot had become infected and this infection is what caused the abruption and it caused me to go into septic shock after the c-section. My story is a rare one but if you are like me you'll want to get all the info you can agther...good and bad. I wish you the best.
I was told at 14 weeks I had a small SCH, 3 cm. I spotted for a day or two and than stopped. At 16 weeks I began spotting again, Ussually heavier in the morning and than lighter through out the day. I went back to the ER where they said agian, that the baby was doing great, and I just need to take it easy, gave me a list of things I was not allowed to do. I followed up with my doctor the next day, He didnt seam to be too concerned. He said the baby was doing wonderfull, and I just need to rest alot more until this thing healed. I am now 18 weeks and for the past two weeks Ive spotted almost everyday, getting lighter and lighter as time past, Until today, when I spotted heavier again in the morning. I dont know whats going on! Im very nervous. I can still feel the baby moving, so thats reassuring. But I put a call into my doctor this morning, and as of yet I havnt heard back form him. Ive heard alot about women having to go on complete bedrest, but I havnt been ordered to do that yet. If anyone has any advice that would be nice, Thanks!
I am 14 weeks today and was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage on Wed. night after a scare.  Went to the ER because I have had 2 miscarriages and I was bleeding dark red/brown blood with no cramping.  They did FHT and the baby was about 160.  That bleeding diminished and right before D/C, I had some bright red bleeding.  They did a pelvic (cervix was closed) and an U/S and the baby was fine.  FHT again about 160.  Went to my OB the next AM (cervix closed, FHT 164) after the ER and he basically said that most of the time this resolves on its own (about 80% of the time).  He also told me to abstain from sex, exercise and heavy lifting but didn't put me on bedrest.  Apparently there is nothing that can be done about them so returning to daily life is okay.  Honestly, I have been on the couch since this happened (less than 48 hrs ago) because I am not convinced of this.  He told me to expect dark brown/red discharge for a while until my body rids of the old blood.  I have been looking on the internet and can find very little on the cause, probability of miscarrying.  Even my nursing books don't touch on the subject....WHERE IS ALL OF THE INFO??  How worried do I need to be??  If I'm not bleeding anymore, am I in the clear??  
Jessfromia~ I hope you are doing well. I had a SCH with my last pregnancy. I know how fustrating the lack of info out there is. I bled a ton around 13wks and then intermittently until 18wks. Unfortunately, I lost my baby due to complete abruption at 28wks. I've read so many stories out there and the vast majority of women w/ SCH's do go on to deliver healthy babies. The odds are with you. If your clot does not reabsorb or pass, my only advise would be to be extra careful about infection (adhere to pelvic rest)...SCH are the perfect host for bacteria...I found out myself much too late. I wish you the best of luck.
I had a massive bleed at 13 weeks with my 1st pregnancy, and passed a clot measuring 15x7cm. It was massive. I was on strict bed rest in hospital for 2 weeks, during which time I bled again.  As the bleeding subsided  I was released from hospital and was on bed rest until 24 weeks, after which I was on limited movement. I had a normal pregnancy until 36 weeks when the baby stopped moving and I went into septic shock, and delivered by emergency C section my daughter. I had suffered a placental abruption which is apparently linked to early SCH.  My daughter is fine and looking forward to being a big sister but I was diagnosed with a large SCH yesterday, I am 9 wks pregnant this time, and I am expecting it all to happen again.  At least this time it won't all be such a mystery and I sort of know what to expect. I do believe that bed rest helps, or at least keep putting your feet up when you can.  good luck to all
I was diagnosed with SH about 2 weeks ago.  I am currently 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I am so thankful that I was given this website through a different website blog.  The information terrifies me, yet calms me.  I have no idea how big it is but at least I know to ask that when I go for my next u/s.  I have had 2 u/s already and have another on Friday.  The baby is doing fine thus far with a heart rate of 124.  I am bleeding most of the time.  No bed rest but limited lifting.  I am praying so hard that we are able to keep this baby.  Will be praying for everyone else out there challenged with this.  
I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage on Sunday after I was kneed in the abdomen by my 2 year old daughter.  After a lot of pain and nausea, but no bleeding or spotting, I contacted my doctor who told me to go to the ER and make sure the baby was ok.  The baby is perfect, but they found a 1 inch subchorionic hematoma and told me to go my OB this week, which I did.  Based on my blood work, it was no longer a clot, but bleeding based on the fetal hbg that was in my bloodstream.  I have another u/s Friday and I pray that all is well and the S/H has begun to heal or disappear all together.  I have had 2 consecutive m/c's and am 17 wks this week.  Has anyone had a s/c and not bled like me.  I feel like I have done a million sit-ups but no cramping....just sore.  I don't know if it's from my daughter's kick or the S/C.....
This is so terrifying  but I pray for healthy babies and deliveries for you all.
God needed another Angel Baby.  The bleeding was very heavy today so off to the ER I went.  Pelvic exam showed my cervix closed but the u/s showed no fetal heartbeat.  The baby had died.  We now just wait for "nature to take its course".  

I'll be praying for all of you who are fighting this battle.  You deserve to win and have your babies!  I feel as though this S/C stole my baby from me and I would do anything to help you keep yours so you do not have to go through this.  You'll be in my prayers.  Please stay healthy and get plenty of rest!
I was disagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage at 12 weeks after an ER visit. I had gushed a pink tinged fluid and thought I was miscarrying. US showed the baby was doing fine. The s/c measured 8x9cm. After a week of bedrest, the s/c was down to 6cm. Yeasterday (I'm 16 weeks now) it was back up to about 9x9cm and 2cm thick. The baby is still growing and thriving. I've been on bed rest the whole time and have not bled at all since that ER visit. I've had some very minor cramping here and there. I'm still terrified of losing this baby, though. I had 2 miscarriages last year after 2 normal pregnancies and I still don't know why those happened. My heart and prayers go out to all of you who are fighting this battle with me and to all of you who have lost the fight this time...God Bless
I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage at 7 weeks.They found a hb at 6 weeks and 3 days then they saw another sack but it was the subchorionic hemorrhage so they told me to go to the er the next week for a scan there I was diagnosed with the shh,but they found the hb at 152 and the baby looked fine.I spotted from 5 weeks to 8 weeks and it was light and sometimes it was heavy I think just once when me and future husband went to look at engagement rings i felt something gushing out I ran to the bathroom and there was red blood..OMG SCARY,that night I had some clots but other then that my baby is fine and growing. We just have to have faith and wait it out and hope everything goes well.I'm almost 9 weeks and the dr said I don't have to go back till 3 more weeks...Hope everything goes well with everyone...Kellye..
Just diagnosed with SCH. Am 9w3d. Went through a loss Dec 06 due to pelvic pain believed to be caused by unknown origins. Had a small pink spotting episode, then tremendous lower quadrant pelvis pain. Initial U/S showed a viable 7wk IUP. They treated as if I had appendicitis and performed surgury under a spinal anesthesia because they recommended that over general due to the pregnancy. Had a follow-up ultrasound day after and hCG and progesterone levels. They found a 5cm SCH. Fought with spotting off and on from 18th to 24th, when I got up midday to massive bright red bleeding. In ER, ultrasound was nonreasurring, and no heartbeat, so I had a D&C. I am now terrified because they found the same thing this time. Fiance is to be deployed in 3wks. But finding this thread makes me feel a bit better knowing maybe I'm not alone, and maybe it will be okay.
Sara
I am an OB nurse.  Also suffered with infertility x 11 years, diagnosed with cancer last year and went through chemo x 6.  I was told that I would have early menopause and no chance of biological children.  I now find myself 8 wks 2 days pregnant with my first and have a SCH.  I see a lot of women who come to my hospital and deliver healthy, full-term babies after being diagnosed with SCH, so I am reassured by that.  With my history, though, I am scared to death for this baby.  I had a huge bleed with lots of clots at about 6 1/2 wks and thought I miscarried.  My subsequent beta Hcg, though, was up, so I had a sono which showed a 7 week fetus with a HR of 146.  What a blessing!  I continue to have a lot of dark brown discharge, but no more bright red.  My follow-up sono this week showed that the clot was slightly larger but the HR was 173 and the baby had grown.  I will have US every 2 weeks to check the status of this pregnancy.  I've been told to take it easy, do pelvic rest, but no bedrest.  When I read the research on this topic, it's not as reassuring to me as the number of women that I've taken care of with this complication.  They say that the risk of miscarriage is as high as ~ 10% in these cases, and that the earlier the diagnosis, the more likely you are to miscarry.  They also say that the risks of preterm delivery, placental abruption, and fetal growth restriction are higher when there is SCH.  There is no treatment, unless you have an underlying disorder like one of our sisters mentioned above.  There are as many recommendations, I think, as there are physicians out there, but no one's advice has been shown, in the research, to make a difference in outcomes.  All that my family and I can do right now is pray, and thank God each time that I go to the bathroom and don't see bright red blood.  God gave us this miracle and I have to trust Him to see us through and keep this little one safe.  You are all in my prayers for healthy babies and for peace as we walk this very scary journey together.
I am 15 weeks and 2 days pregnant and they found my subchorionic hematoma at about 8 weeks. It has doubled in size twice and the baby is doing just fine. My doctor said that there is a chance of miscarrage (miscarriage) but she has seen many of woman with this same issue and they go full term with healthy babies. I think it just depends on your body and how well your baby can handle it. My fortunately is handling it very well and me and my fiance feel very blessed for that. I have been spotting on and off since I was about 8 weeks. It's very scary but my doctor just has me on strict rules of lifting and so on and I am doing just fine. The baby's growing and the heartbeat's strong!
This is my first pregnancy and I am 30 years old. I am 9 weeks pregnant. I have been spotting (brown to purple discharge sometimes including stringy clot-like blood) every day since week 5, including two episodes of heavy bleeding (bright red blood soaking a few pads in 20 minutes). I had blood tests and an ultrasound at 8 weeks 4 days. I have two small subchorionic hemorrhages. The baby was the right size, had a rapid heartbeat, and my hcg levels are normal. I don't have any blood clotting disorders. I am supposed to go in for another hcg test next week (at about 10.5 weeks).  The doctor said that the placenta may separate, resulting in miscarriage, or it could re-absorb. The doctor said that I should avoid heavy lifting, and try to take it easy. He said that if I am going to miscarry, it would likely happen before the end of the first trimester, but it looks like some people have miscarried at 5 or 6 months! I don't think I can deal with that. I hate not knowing what is going to happen. This is stressful and I hate how every time I pee or have a bowel movement there is blood. I don't know why I haven't stopped spotting - it has been every day!! It is actually more like a light bleed than spotting. I just wish I was having a normal pregnancy. I also read that the early the gestational age when the SCH is diagnosed, the worse the prognosis - I am in that category. If anyone has any more stories, positive or negative, it would be great to read them...
PLEASE READ. I'm 25 and this is my first pregnancy.  Thought I was 7 wks since Im 100% the 1st day of LMP was July 1st. I sat down to pee and noticed blood and clots on Friday night and was told to go to the ER.  I thought I had miscarried.  I had a vaginal u/s.  5 hours sitting in the ER with my husband, we found out the baby & hormone levels (3,999 hcg)looked fine for how far along they predict I am (Friday: 5wks 5days), but I have a small SCH and was told it was too early to hear heartbeat. We left feeling good about everything w/what we were told about SCH.  MY TURNING POINT was yesterday.  I had light cramping at first, which turned in to painful cramping.  This has also lasted all day today.  I'm still bleeding and passing clots in small amounts when I sit down to pee.  My biggest concern is this cramping.  Has anyone else had bad cramping or consistant cramping?  
I am 13 weeks along. Started bleeding at 8 weeks. Not much though. I had a SCH. They said it was 3 centimeters. They told me to rest in bed for a couple days and all went well. Then last week I was pouring blood. Went to the ER, of course was told we were losing it and told to go home. Went to my Dr the next day. They said the ultrasound from the hospital showed it was 3.4 cm and was now 3.2 cm. Bedrest for another 5 days. Had another ultrasound yesterday. down to 2cm by 2cm. I don't understand all of this and still have so many questions. If this goes away (bleeds out or absorbs) will the spot it was at allow the placenta to attach properly or will that spot forever be unattached? Also... this has gone down.... can it grow bigger again? I spend hour upon hour online trying to find answers but can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated... thank you
More bleeding last night, passed a total of 6 walnut-sized clots over 2 episodes.  I'm getting another US today to see what's up, but continue to be nervous and freaked out.  I know some cramping is normal, but I have never had severe menstrual cramps, so nothing really to compare this against.  Mostly, it feels like gas cramps in my lower left abdomen, so I think that's really all it is, but I just keep praying & hoping I have good news today...
To answer Embjamb2008, sometimes the area where the hemorrhage started does not ever properly support the placenta, and they can see that at delivery.  Sometimes on US if there is still a little bit of clot behind it.  The size of the clot can increase and decrease.  Not sure if it's related to activity level or other factors, but it happens.
I am 32 years old and pregnant with my second child. I am currently 15w 6ds and was told this morning I have a moderatly sized sch that is causing me to spot. The strange thing is I had a severe bleed at about 11 weeks, went to the ER and was told they had NO IDEA what was causing the bleeding. I have been spotting brown blood and discharge since, it's been a full month. Yesterday I went in for a full US and the baby looks great. Heartbeat is good and size is right on point. I am now on bedrest until this is resolved. I am curious if anyone is on their second pregnancy and had this issue with the 1st as well. I ask because I bleed with my first child as well. It was NEVER diagnosed and was taken with ease by my caregivers.This was in 2000, believe it or not that was some time ago in the medical world. Apparently it was very rarely diagnosed at that time and little was known, this makes me wonder if I had the same condition. I don;t remember what the bleeding was like with my son (if it was red or brown, heavy or light) so it's hard to determine. I'm wondering if there is a higher chance of this occuring in your second if it happened in your first.

Regardless of the fact that I bleed with my son, I am very scared and freaked out. I know a lot more then I did the first time so I feel a little better ( I guess). This whole thing is taking a toll on me, the beautiful time of pregnancy has been so hard when all I want is peace.
I was diagnosed last night with SCH. I am 6 weeks, though I was certain I was closer to 8 weeks. Anyway, I also have been hit in the low abdomen by my 1 year old and was terrified that was the cause of the Hemmorage. I have had pretty bad cramping, and tightening sensations-- similar to contractions. I was told by the ER doc to not lift my kids, no housework or exercise. And of course no heavy lifting, straining etc.. So basically bedrest. I also have had no bleeding but have been quite nauseated and very lightheaded. This is my third pregnancy, and my two previous were totally uneventful.  Let me know how things go, as you are about ten weeks ahead of me, maybe your experience can help me know what to expect?
Good luck
-Krista
I'm 39, had a son at 29 now trying for a second.  I just finished going through an ectopic pregnancy, resolved in May.  Apparently I am now 8 weeks pregnant; I didn't know as I (thought) I had my period as normal 4 weeks ago.  But then started bleeding again 5 days later for 1 day then spotting then on and off bleeding/spotting for a few more days.  Went to the dr, found out I was pregnant & was sent for emerg u/s (she thought it was probably ectopic again).  Found hcg, was put on pelvic rest (not bedrest) and have just had slight brown spotting since, constant mild cramping and huge fullness feeling in my belly.  I go for another u/s in 3 weeks.  The u/s technician seemed a lot more optimistic than my doctor - she said she has seen a lot of them just resolve on their own.  My doctor of course has not seen this as often so tells me it's a high risk pregnancy.  I hope for the best but also understand it's a very good possiblity it won't work out.  To all of you that have this condition my advice is to just go on with your daily life and not stress about it.  There's nothing we can do about it and I believe that stress just makes things worse.  After going through the ectopic I was told there was a higher chance of being ectopic in future pregnancies but it didn't happen.  So if this one doesn't work out I am very optimistic that I may get pregnant again and not have any problems.
     It is so good to hear that other people are going through the same thing that I am.  This is my third pregnancy (both ended in miscarriage).  This time at 5w I started bleeding brown blood.  Diagnosed with a sch.  At 6w the saw a heartbeat and said not to worry too much.  Impossible as far as I am concerned.  Do the odds of miscarriage go up a lot when this is diagnosed?  I honestly don't think I could easily recover from a third miscarriage!  
I am 5 weeks 6 days pregnant as of today. This is my 4th pregnancy. I have a 4 y.o. child, then I had a m/c and bled for weeks. 2 months ago I had an ectopic that almost killed me. I was very excited this time around to be pregnant. I went for my 1st u/s yesterday because of previous ectopic Dr wanted to rule it out. He found a IUP but there is also a medium SCH. I spotted yesterday but then stopped. I'm so nervous... I would love to have another child and scared to death that this one won't work out. I'm going for another u/s in 6 days but it's not soon enough to calm my nerves. Especially because I haven't seen the heart beat yet... too early.
F/up to previous posting:  I started out being really scared also; I am still carrying at 12 weeks.  I had a scare 2 weeks ago, passed a huge clot about 6 inches in diameter with lots of red blood.  spent the night in emerg but baby is still fine.  sent for another full u/s the next day, confirmed baby growing normally & hematoma is the same size.  Now I am off work indefinitely as ordered by my obgyn.  Obgyn says I have about 60-70% chance of carrying all the way through.  This week will be the supposed 'magical' 12 weeks and I'm going to the women's hospital for full u/s as well as genetic markers.  I'm still spotting brown blood but the fear has faded and I'm cautiously hopeful.  the dr and u/s tech both said they see many of these carry to term just fine.  So hang in there & keep me posted.  I will update after u/s & f/up with obgyn.  It's nice to hear follow ups to the initial scares that people have to see how it turns out.
I'm now 13 wks 5 days and feeling much better about everything!  I have not had any more active bleeding since 8/27 and have had no spotting or dark discharge in about 2 weeks. I can check the heart beat at work with a doppler, so am able to be reassured periodically that things seem to be OK. My next US is on Friday & I hope to be changed to a normal sono/ prenatal visit schedule then, instead of going every week or two. Good luck to everyone- I know it's hard to not worry (& I'm not very good at not worrying), but all we can do is hang in there, pray, and hope for the best!
I am five weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for 4 days now. It is bright red blood and I am passing clots. My doctor has only done blood work to determine length of pregnancy and progesterone levels. She said my level was a 3 and 12 or more is normal. She told me to prepare myself for a miscarriage. Is there any hope at all??? Could this be a SCH??? If so, no one would no because no one has done any US or Sonagrams. Do I give up hope or ask for progesterone medication??? My heart is struggling. This is an unplanned pregnancy...would be our third child...but it is oh so wanted. Any advice would be appreciated!!!
Hi, I have same problem...Although I haven't had any bleeding and just very light on and off brown spotting, I am diagnosed with 5 cm SCH at 8 weeks and it grew from 1.7 cm since 7 weeks..so It is growing and it makes me very scared....What are the odds that it will dissolve? I read both good and bad outcome and it makes me soo freaked out....
any advise?
hi i am kinza and i am 14 wks pregnant i have found with a s hematoma at 12 wks i had bleeding since 6 wks i was sp scared i thought i am having a miscarriage u went to ER they did the ultrasound but baby was doing well and heartbeat was normal.then i had a ultrasound at 13weeks and the baby is fine she told me to bedrest as much as i can well i didnt do that and i am had little brownish bleeding this morning i woke up i dont know i didnt go to doctor yet and i just have faith in god i have ultrasound app on 25th dec today is 12th dec and tomorrow is my b/d i am only gona wish tomm that i want my baby to be fine.please pray for me 2 thanks and hopefully we will get thru this.i will keep on updated as i go to my ultrasound wish u all good luck.
hi everyone, i am now 23 weeks and doing fine.  my last u/s showed the hematoma has shrunk to half the size and they tell me they expect it just to completely dissolve now.  so have hope, from what i hear many turn out okay.  it seems in here people generally post only when there are problems (when they are looking for information) and there's not much follow up afterwards.  i wanted to let you know there are good endings too.  good luck to you all.
Hello Everyone, I am 11 weeks pregnant today and have SCH and have been on bed rest for weeks. I have had 4 episodes of major bleeding since I was 5 weeks and 4 days. Plus, I have had the brown bloody discharge every single day since then.  They say the brown discharge is a good sign, it is the fresh red blood we are trying to avoid.

My first bleeding episode was at 5 weeks and 4 days. It began with very bad cramping and then followed with a flood of blood. It felt like my water burst, but with blood instead. The episode only lasted a couple of minutes. It was just a lot of fresh blood in a short amount of time. I received an ultrasound immediately and that is when they found that I had a SCH and was put on bed rest while I was still bleeding and light duty while I was not. However, I did get to see the heartbeat of both babies (twins) and my HCG levels were great.

Then about 5 days later (6 weeks & 1 day) I had another stomach cramping then bleeding episode, which was even worst than the time prior. The cramps this time lasted for 45 minutes. However, the bleeding still only lasted several minutes. Again, they fit me in for an u/s and both babies were fine, my hematoma was just hemoragging. They then put me on permanent bed rest. Six days after this (7 weeks) I woke up and my underwear and pajamas were soaked in blood. I had no warning or cramping. I went to the restroom and the blood continued to poor out. Still only lasting about 10 minutes. I went in for an u/s and this time they found that I now had 3 large hematommas rather than just one.  And one was right in between the twins. Still on bed rest, I had another major bleeding episode 12 days later (9 weeks and 3 days).  Again, I had no warning. No cramping, nothing. Just all of a sudden blood began to pour out. However, this time was different than any of the others. The blood did not stop coming out. It was so violent and heavy. I also had blood clot after clot come out. Each was the size of a golf ball or an egg. I poured out blood for 30 minutes straight before I decided to go to the ER. I ended up bleeding this heavy for 3 hours. I soaked through three folded towels and numerous bed pads. I was sure I was having a miscarriage. I did not know it was possible to bleed this much and still be alive. At the hospital, they treated me as a priority and I got my a u/s within the hour.  We were so happy to find that both of our babies were doing great. It was just one of the hemmatomas hemoragging. The ER said there was nothing they could do for me and to just remain on bed rest. They said I was just bleed throughout the entire pregnancy, yet deliver a healthy baby. Or I may end up miscarrying. But that there is nothing they can do for SCH, but to wait and see. They said to of course come back to the hospital if I had another bleeding episode like this one. I had a follow up u/s at 10 weeks and it turned out that my bleedinig that sent me to the ER was actually one of the hematommas bleeding itself out. So it turn it was great news. Plus, it was the hemattoma that was right in between the babies, so this was extra fabulous news. I now only have two of the hematommas rather than the 3. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and have not had any bleeding for 2 weeks and 3 days. My longest break ever. I still have spotting every day, but I am assuming I will always have that. My next u/s is at 12 weeks. I just pray to GOD that I carry to full term and my babies make it through all of this.

Has anyone else had multiple hematommas? Have a lot of you been put on bed rest? What motions/activites has your dr told you to avoid? I am just going a little nuts on bed rest and wish I knew if it was really necessary. Or if instead I could just avoid particular movements. Anyways, I wish everyone the best. SCH is so scary. Especially since there is nothing they can do for us.

Can you update us on your status?  I am now 10 wks pregnant and started having spotting at 5w6d when I was diagnosed with SCH.  The spotting was light and went away until 4 days ago, when I started having bleeding again, just when I went to the bathroom.  Yesterday I started getting mild cramping, which went away.  This morning I woke up with everything feeling fine thinking the worst was over.  Around 1:00 pm I started having cramping and by 3 pm I was having the worst contractions, like I was going into labor.  They have subsided but I have had major bleeding and passed huge clot after clot, just like you.  I have passed about 6-7 huge clots and one had a tiny bit of tissue-like material.  I have not gone to the ER because I feel okay and I know there is nothing they can do.  I am going to see my doctor in the morning.  Just wondering if it is even possible that the baby is still okay.  We saw hb twice, once at 5w6d and again at 7w and it was strong - 150+.  I am thinking the worst but have just the tiniest smidgen of hope from your story.  Please update if you can!  Thank you all for your posts - they are so helpful.  More helpful than the doctors for sure.  I am killing myself with worry.  I'm blessed that I have 2 healthy children already but we are hoping for a third and this would be my 2nd m/c trying (5th total).  I don't know how much longer I can keep trying - it's so disheartening.
I am 12 weeks.  This will be my fourth pregnancy.  I started bleeding at 5 1/2 weeks.  I lost fluid, followed up by bleeding.  I thought I was miscarrying.  I had bloodwork done and was put on progesterone.  HCG levels were fine.  Then I was diagnosed after ultrasound as having a subchorionic bleed that was very large.  My doctor thought they read the ultrasound incorrectly because of the size of the bleed.  He said if I had a bleed that big, I would be bleeding.  Well, lo and behold, at 11 weeks I stood up and felt another gush.  I felt I was miscarrying for sure.  I went to the ER and was told I had a 3 section SCH.  I continued to bleed throughout the hospital visit, but no clots.  I had been put on baby aspirin for questionable heart rate at almost 6 weeks (fetal heart rate was 104.)  At 8 wk. ultrasound, the fetal heartrate was good-165.  At ER visit, fetal heart rate was 169.  I don't know if I should continue the aspirin.  Will thinner blood feed the bleed or bleed it out?  My doctor said it is up to me, because he does not have the answer to that question.  I have not taken it since the episode.  Does anyone else have this dilemma?
KittyKat,
I had SCH and bled on and off from 6 to about 16 weeks.  A few times I had huge bleeding episodes followed by spotting.  I asked about baby aspirin and was told not to take it.  My hematoma finally bled out and disappeared (resolved itself) in the second trimester.  
I know how stressful bleeding during pregnancy can be.  I am so very sorry you are going through this.
((HUGS))
Hello everyone. First, I'd like to say I'm very sorry for those of you who've miscarried. I have one healthy 3 yr. old girl and I miscarried last year very early on in the pregnancy. I was recently diagonosed with a small SCH below the baby and the doctor said he deemed it viable and it should bleed out. The baby's heartbeat was strong and it was moving around like crazy. I've been bleeding for two weeks now and though the Dr. warned I may bleed heavier and cramp, I can't help but worry. I began bleeding more heavily this morning around 3am with severe cramping. I passed a large wad of tissue shortly after and within the last 3hrs. have passed clots and tissue ranging in size from a quarter to an egg. I was positive I'd lost the baby until I found this site. You've given me hope that maybe, just maybe my baby is still safe and sound and I'm just panicking over nothing. These cramps are just sooo terrible and I feel like I have to make a bowel movement. Making things worse are these breif bursts of heavy flow with the clots. I've had a lot of pressure and bloat in my stomach which went down after the initial burst. However, the pressure and bloat seems to be coming back. Sorry if that's TMI. I'm just so scared and I called the Dr's office and the on call doc told me to call back at 8am to schedule another ultrasound rather than wait around in an ER. I'm going crazy here going between mourning and holding out for the best with lots of prayer. Thank you for giving me something to read and relate to while I wait. It's helped me during this time to know I'm not alone. I wish you all the best and will let you know how things turn out.
Hi. This is my first pregnancy and we had been trying for almost one year. I started bleeding yesterday afternoon and was told to go get an ultrasound and my HCG checked.  They found the baby's heartbeat and I cried with joy but they also said they found a large SCH.  (I thought I was 8 weeks, but the ultrasound said I am 6w6days).  They told me to go home and hope for the best.  I will go to the doctor again tomorrow.  By now I have realized from reading the stories posted here and other websites, that no matter what, the outlook is not optimal.  Right now I am just scared and am wondering why this had to happen.  I do not know what my HCG is.  I guess I will find out tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I am not at work today and I do not know how I am going to go back tomorrow.  This is all so upsetting.  I guess we can only keep saying prayers.
I too was just diagnosed last week with SCH, at 6 weeks and 4 days.  It is incredibly heartbreaking to be going through this.  I have been doing nothing but scouring the internet looking for hope, and I have found some hope, but yet some stories with horrible endings.  I do not know how I can handle this.  This is my first pregnancy,and very much wanted, and to top it all off, my doctor told me this morning sometimes these can be related to genetic defects in the baby which has me absolutely terrified.  I cannot find anything on the internet to back up his theory, and don't know whether to believe him.  All i can do right now is wait for another ultrasound on Monday morning.  How do we get through these things without losing our minds?  I really have no idea....anybody with words of wisdom will be appreciated....it looks like this will be an emotional rollercoaster for the next seven months or so, and I don't know how you are supposed to plan for a new baby and not feel terrified that you will end up with a broken heart and all this baby stuff staring you in the face.  How am I supposed to deal with this??  I am absolutely anxiety-ridden everytime I go to the bathroom and I can't sleep at night..
Hi. I've had two miscarriages. One in the first trimester, one in the second trimester. Both times I was told I had SCH. I want to try again and am wondering if I should do anything different this time...like baby aspirin or blood thinners in an attempt to keep this from happening again. Any advice?
I am 6 weeks 5 days pregnant and i have Sub Hematoma measuring 1cm. Is that big enough to affect my baby?
I had a sch bigger that 1 cm but delivered a healthy baby.  Typically sch resolves itself withing several weeks.

MommaT5,
I was told that there is nothing you can do to help with sch and blood thinners may make it worse since they increase the bleeding.
I am 12 weeks and 4 days into my 3rd pregnancy, I am high risk as it is. I went to the ER yesterday with light spotting and just not feeling quite right, they told me i had a small SCH. My first born was 2 months early and my second i bleed on and off, but not because of a SCH, they said she was sitting so low that with my fragile cervix it was causing the bleeding. I am terrified of losing this baby. I am suppose to call my OB tomorrow and find out what course of action that they want me to take to help ensure i have a safe pregnancy. If anyone has any advice i would greatly appriciate it
I am about 5 weeks into my pregnancy, and went in for an u/s about two days ago. Dr. told me that there was some blood around the gestational sac (a subch. bleed about 40 mm) and my prognosis according to him is not good.  He said that I would most likely miscarry within the next week- about 80% chance that I would miscarry although I haven't been bleeding or spotting at all but he still diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage.  All I can do is have faith and hope for the best.  This is my first pg and I am 38 years old. I also have some autoimmune markers in my blood so I don't know if this is why this is happening to me. Anyway, I know what you all are going through as I am in the same boat. My heart goes out to you all!
To all of you who feel like you may want more spiritual help, St. Gerard Majella is the Patron Saint of pregnant women.  There is a beautiful prayer for a safe delivery that can be found at the following site:
http://www.praying4ababy.com/stgerard.html
My daughter is almost 13 weeks pregnant and also has been diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma.
I have been praying for her to have a successful pregnancy and a safe and healthy delivery and healthy baby.
I am 14wks. At 11 weeks i had a massive bleed and went to ER i then had much more severe bleeding there. I had 2 US and 2 internals baby was fine and cervix stayed closed. I bled 4 about 5 days like a light period after hospital and had a US to check my placenta where it found a 3cm SCH, I ws told thats what caused the bleed ( all blood in hospital at 11w was bright red with clots ) It then had a light period bleed for 5 days after hospital still red.I had a small 3 day break from bleeding then started to have dark brown clotty blood start 5 days ago i also have very light cramps. The blood doesnt bother me as much now as i am used to seeing it and my baby has already survived so much, but the cramps are new and scarey and i just keep my fingers crossed that this is all apart of the process of the SCH resolving itself.I have a beautiful 6 yr old and she is looking so forward to being a big sister.The worst part of this is not knowing i wish i could no what is going on inside my body or look to the future and see the outcome.Fingers and toes crossed.
At 7 weeks I was bleeding, I thought that was it, my second miscarriage but the embryo has good heart beat and the PA assured me that everything is fine.  Then last saturday at 11 weeks, more bright red blood & so with big blood clots, I went to ER for eval and stated that I have that subchorionic hemorrhage and per US their are still more near the placenta,  The fetus is doing well with strong Heart beats, at least this time I know what to expect if their's bleeding unless no heart beat.   This is very frustrating that this happens to us specially we are expecting a baby. I am sure this baby is a strong baby and hoping for the best for anyone who experienced this situation.  
I was reading over all of your posts and wanted to know of the outcomes. I had heavy bleeding without cramps at 7weeks and went to the ER. I was told that I have a 4cm subchronic bleed and that I need to take it easy and rest. I am now 9weeks and though I am not bleeding heavy, I am still spotting dark brown color with tiny clots. So far everything looks great with the baby but I cannot help but worry. I would appreciate any feedback and words of support.
God bless you all!
I am 6 weeks 3 days into my first pregnancy. At 5 weeks 2 days I started experiencing discharge and 3 days later it turned into light bleeding. Since then it's been light, heavy, stopped and started again. The Dr says its a SCH and that this sort of thing usually heals itself and I should be fine by my visit in a wk and a half. I can't help but worry. There's nothing more terrifying than going to the bathroom and seeing blood right now. Its heartbreaking no matter what the dr says. It's very comforting to hear that you all have gone through this too. I know you know what I mean by how frightening it is. I'm so glad that so many of you had great outcomes and my heart goes out to those of you who did not.
Boogs24- from what I've heard from my dr that sounds okay and almost common with what we're dealing with. :-) Best of luck to you! Hope to hear more soon!
I developed a small Subchorionic Hematoma at 14 weeks, had one really big bleed and then spotted daily until a little after 21 weeks. It went away, I guess as they call it bled out. I had a good doctor that kept me calm and said it will go away. I even went to Maui, Hawaii at 18 weeks, of course took it easy there. Best thing is not to stress because it will make it worse or cause other things to go wrong. I am now almost 31 weeks and still have been fine.
Thank you both for your replies. It is a very scary ordeal and I hate using the restroom now! After four days of no discharge I began to bleed (yesterday). It was not extremely heavy but was enough to break my heart, again. This morning it is still a bit pink but thankfully it is turning browner again. I know that brown blood signifies old blood and I would much rather see it than red. I am calling the doctor for an earlier appointment today, I know that everything is going to be alright but I just wish this was all over!
At 14 1/2 weeks I started bleeding and was diagnosed with subchorionic hemorrhage and it is fairly big (9cmx6cm).  I have had 2 u/s and it hadn't gotten any smaller but it had changed shape.  I am now 19 1/2 weeks and still spotting (dark brown) and I have an u/s to check the size and the progress of the baby (the level 2 u/s) on Oct.5th.  I am hoping and praying for good news but I really feel for you.  I know how stressful this is and how discouraging it is to see blood when you know you shouldn't be.  I hope that everything goes well for all of us but I have been told that this is a condition that really has no rhyme or reason to it.  Some people carry to term and others miscarry and lose their babies.   Try to stay positive.  Some days, when I'm really stressed about it I try to imagine that the baby and I are working together to heal and get through it.  Each day with the baby is a blessing. Good luck.
Hi everyone just passing through and was looking up information on subchorionic hematoma.. I have had two miscarraiges in the past, I am currently about 8 wks 2 days pregnant and at 6wks 2days went to the emergency room w vagiinal bleeding and abd pain, i thought for sure I was losing the child yet again, but the u/s results stated viable pregnancy with a heart rate of 127 with a tiny subchorionic hematoma. I was freaking out becuse the er doctor could not say for sure I wouldnt lose the baby with my history, currently the bleeding has stopped and I have an u/s tomorrow to check on the hematoma I am so nervous, I am so happy that I am expecting but am having a hard time imagining being pregnant past the first semester with my history.. my ob nurse was vey thourough and explained that a sub hematoma does not mean miscarraige (miscarriage) so i felt better, but I also find that reading too many posts will drive me crazy. The botto m line is that everyone is different and i am hoping and praying I carry this baby to term. i am 34 yrs old and feel like i am so far behind my peers.  thanks to all for posting it feels good to know that i could not have done anything to prevent it and i have to think positive.
I am 6wks 5days.  We have been trying to conceive for 2.5 yrs and I am 34yrs old.  Last year we did IVF & I got pregnant but tragically at the 12 week scan, we were told the baby had no heartbeat and I had to have a D&C.  This is our 2nd IVF attempt so we were over the moon when we got the positive pregnancy test. At 5.3 weeks I was lying in bed reading and felt a rush of fluid.  Terrified I went to the loo and started bleeding profusely.  I was hysterical and went to A&E who could not do anything so went home and then back the nxt morning to EPU for an U/S.  It was too early to see a heartbeat but there were 2 gestational sacs!  They told me I had a SCH measuring approx 4cm.  They didn't really tell me anything else!  5 Days later I had a massive bleed overnight and soaked the bedsheets but no abdominal cramp.  I was told by my OB to go and get a scan.  This time, we saw a heartbeat (yay!) but sadly only one as the other sac looked empty.  I was told that the haematoma was now 9cm.  At that time I was told to continue Fragmin and aspririn (blood thinners).  We went back again today and this time saw 2 sacs and two heartbeats!  I am over the moon but still terrified.  My OB told me to COME OFF blood thinners Aspirin and fragmin.  He also told me that I need to keep walking and moving to try and get the blood out.  This conflicted with almost all the forum posts from people and I had put myself on bedrest so was surprised. Maybe it's because my SCH is fairly large, he wants it out (so do I!) as there wont be much room for the little ones to grow with that stuck there.  He is also concerned about infection if it stays there too long.  I am terrified of passing a large clot (which I am told to expect) and the contractions that will accompany but I must be brave and believe this pregnancy will be successful and all my dreams will come true.  This is the first time I have felt any hope.  Thanks to all who have posted their stories, it's been so helpful and reassuring to hear success stories whilst going through this.  Good luck to everyone and stay positive.
I did a u/s yesterday and was told i have a 2.4 x 0.9 subchorionic hematoma.  i am not having any spotting but i sometimes feel a sharp pain in my lower pelvic and the muscles in my right  thigh that sometimes cause pain in my back and rectum.
This is my 5th pregnancy. My second pregnancy i had lots of bleeding and pains. the ultrasound showed blood in with the baby so they gave him/her no hope. I miscarried at 10 weeks but the ultrasound showed he/she was around 7 week old. He/she not developing. my 4 pregnant i had a small hc on the outside on the bottom they gave me 50/50 chance she is now 1 years old. : ) Once again i'm pregnant. I thought i was about 9 weeks and that's what my hcl levels told us. I got an ultrasound last week that should the baby at almost 8 week and i have a large SH. I had lots of brown discharge the first couple weeks and a vary little spotting. I have not spotted for weeks.I didn't feel pregnant at all for the a while but the past couple week i have never felt so pregnant which they say is a good sign. I go back next Friday for a another ultrasound. Lots of praying. i feel really pregnant and i have not had any big bleeds so i have hope. Not sure what the odds are.
Hey, im 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant i had a gush of blood and panicked and went to the ER they did an ultrasound andbpelvic exam and there was still a baby and a heart beat but they said it was going 105 beats which they say is slow, but the doctor said that the baby is still in good position but nothing more.. I still bleed the next day and it stopped today but now i have purple little tiny clots and i dont if it was from the cathridor they put in me or its placenta but i have not been cramping at all... Just alot of signs of good and bad and not sure what the outcome is but i really hope im able to keep this baby and that she/he is healthy.
hi,,,
im 11 weeks today. the reason im writing this is because im so relieved today...so far God has helped me out with this hematoma,,,,i found out i was pregnant  at 5 weeks....the very same day i had a brown discharge n we rushed to ER where they found no heartbeat but subchrionic hematoma and labelled me for a threatened miscarriage...i had a miscarriage in feb so this time we really didnt want to face the same situation.... at 8 weeks....the doc found out  the hematoma was 1cm.....n gradually shrunk...
since the doc never showed concern...i was fine too....i took plenty of fluids and really prayed that it might resolve on its own. yesterday i had to call my doc since it was  the llabour day off n no one was on duty  so i got no help...i had a brown discharge like i always had....rather spotting with a small clot....this time i wasnt scared cuz i was fed up of all the  spotting episodes so far....the doc told me to come the very next morning  to baby viability....the baby was fine...things looked good n they founf out the  clot was actually the hematoma which came out on its own....so they saw no blood in the u/s. i wish all the best for everyone who has faced time like this...the first trimester is always tought but God resolves it....all u need is to trust Him,,,,pray, rest and take plenty of fluids.....bless u all mothers..
yes,
  I am now 7wks and 1 day.  I was diagnosed at 6 weeks 2 days and have been bleeding lightly (except 1 heavy episode).  Have had 2 ultrasounds and baby looked good on both.  I have cramping when I am bleeding and the heavier the bleeding the worse the cramping seems.  I have read that blood is an irritant to the uterus and so is the clot and that the cramping is normal with this condition.  When you should worry is if your cramping is sooooo bad that you are belted over it pain.  (worse than period cramps:)
But usually the babies are healthy when thy are born after the SH? the don't have some abnormalities?
Can Someone Help Me Please ...I'm 7weeks Preg And Have Been Told To Go Bk Next Week As They Have Seen I Have A Concealed Heamorrhage Outside Of The Sack!? Baby Has Heartbeat Etc But Just Wondering What This Heamorrhage is And What May Happen ?
I'm 7weeks preg...Have Been Told I have a concealed heamorrhage ?? What is this and what may happen ...the heamorrhage is outside of the sack and baby has got a heartbeat xx
Just wondering if other women have this problem and would like to know the out come. I had a MC last year and it was at 5wks. This time I started spotting  brownish stringy discharge at 6 wks and had a sono at 8wks baby was ok had a HB of 184 and 2wks later I started bleeding/spotting so I went to ED because it was red and it was more so they did another sono and the sono showed baby moving and HB 154.... the sono also showed a Small Peri- Gestational Hemorrhage . So Dr told me I was consider a threatend MC and that some women can bleed up untill labor. I went to see my OB the next day we saw baby again and it was ok he told me that the bleeding was a concern but since I am at 10wks its a good sign and has me on pelvic rest for now and wants to see me in 2wks for a follow up. So I am praying that we have a healthy baby and would love to stop the spotting/Bleeding. So just would like to hear from othe