taking a bath after a c-section
Hi everyone :)
I had my baby boy 2 and half weeks ago!!!
He was 9.6lbs and 20 in. long...Big Boy!!
Doing well so far..pretty good baby so far.

I was wondering how long do you have to wait till you can take a bath after a c-section?

Everything I have read said not till your scar is healed...how do you know that?

Having no problems with it, looks great and feels great.
Would love to soak in my tub and relax while daddy watches the kiddos for a little bit.
Hi, my cousin had a c-section about 2 wks ago and today her docter told her she should soak in a tub of water so  that her stitches could heal faster.
I didn't have a C-section, but I did have abdominal surgery with a large incision.  I started taking baths I think around 10-14 days, not hot water of course (I'm pregnant after all), and very carefully.  But the bath was nice and relaxing.  Hope this helps, get some candles and give yourself a rest for the few minutes you might be able to steal in a tub.
I had emergency surgery after an unfortunate uterus rupture and my doctor said no baths for 6 weeks! Its been about 3 weeks and my large incision is looking pretty good, healing nicely. I would ask your doctor to make sure....
i had a c section in june 2006 and my doc told me not until six weeks...all i wanted to do was take a long bath but i had to wait...