taking percocet while 32 weeks pregnant
I am currently 32 weeks pregnant. I have been taking between 20-30mgs of percocet a day, for about 4 months. I wanted to know if I continue, will my baby be born adddicted? If yes, do I still have time to stop so that my baby is not addicted. I am really worried right know, if anyone can answer my question, please do so.
why are you taking percocet? did you consult ypur doctor while you were taking it? I am not sure about the addiction, I am sure if your doc prescribed it, he/she  considered your pregnancy.
you should stop, but there is still a good chance that the baby will be dependent. speak to your doctor about it!!!!
You should talk to your doctor about this...it might not be safe for you to just stop suddenly.  I took this while pregnant, but only for a few days in my 2nd trimester for a kidney infection.  But if you are taking it regularly every day, you need to talk to your doctor about stopping.
It is not uncommon to be prescribed narcotic painkillers (vicodin, percocet) during pregnancy, believe it or not.  It is considered mostly safe to take during pregnancy for many reasons.  My peri-natal specialist prescribed it for me throughout my pregnancy starting in the second trimester, however, if you continue taking it at this late stage, yes, your baby will be born addicted and yes, your baby will suffer withdrawal  symptoms which can range from anything to the inability to sleep, poor sucking reflux, crying and seizures to worse.
That having been said, IF your doctors know about it they can EASILY treat those symptoms.  I would talk to your dr.  They are there to help you.  Also, it is VERY VERY important that at this stage you DO NOT STOP SUDDENLY as the pain of withdrawing can cause you to go into pre-term labor therefore causing your baby to be born before its time.  If you plan on stopping before your baby is born you must taper down, but tapers are usually done very slowly and I'm not sure if you even have enough time to do a slow safe taper.  You mught just have to continue taking them at a very low dose to stay stable and have the baby treated for withdrwals (which very well might even be non-existent) after it's born.    
I will say this though.....If you are not honest, they WILL know because they can recognize the addiction signs rather easily.  You will be in a more difficult spot if you keep it a secret.
Good luck to you both.
PS,  Please find a way to stay clean for yourself and the baby after you give birth.  Think of a plan oif recovery now before it's too late.      
a friend of mine ws highly addicted to lortab for about 2 yrs. when she found out she was pregnant she continued to take the tabs. she was taking anywhere from 2-8 lortab 10's a day. just whatever she could get her hands on and she took them every single day up to the day she gave birth and her
baby never had any withdrawal symptoms or if she did nobody could tell. she was just a normal typical baby. and now she is 2 and is smart, cute, and healthy so i wouldnt worry too much bout it
I, too, am taking 30 mg of percocet/day PLUS I'm on a 25 mc fentanyl patch. I just found out I am pregnant. I take these meds for disc degen. disease, torn discs, and fibromyalgia. I've been freaking out since yesterday, when I found out that I'm 6 weeks along. Everyone's comments are a comfort, thanks. One common thing everyone has said, and is so true, is to be honest with your OB. I CANNOT WAIT for my 1st appt to make sure my baby is safe!
Hi angel I just wanted to let you know that it is perfectly ok to take percocet. It is actually proabaly one of the safer drugs. I am on130 mg of methadone a day( please no one judge it is a perscrption) and also it is safer to stay on the opiates rather than detox. Also if your baby comes out with and withdrawal symptoms you may breastfeed to help it won't hurt the baby. They only get like 2% of what u take. Hugs n good luck!
Ok ive been taking vicodin and percocet for disc herniation and sciatica and arthritis im 28 wks along I.took vicodin in my last pregnancy but never percocet, for some.reason im more concerned now...someone tell me will it affect my babies growth and maturity