Maternal & Child Community
teen pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

teen pregnancy

I Know I Have Already Posted Today But After Reading Some Of your Questions I Feel Much Comfortable Getting All Of My Questions Out...Besides The Pee Pains Also I Am Two Day Late On My Period And Thats Not Like Me Because I Always Start On The Same Day Every Month...I Am Almost 16 And I Was the Type Know Wanted To Wait Until I Was Married But I Have Been With My Boyfriend For A Long Time Now And It Just Seemed Right...I Feel Like A Huge Failure To My Mom And I Don't Know What To Do :( Any Advice I Need Help!
Ok, you have to take a test first and formost.  When I was in high school, my best friend came to me fearing she was preggo.  We (there were 4 of us that were very close) went and bought a test, positive.  Bought 2 more test because we were sure that one was wrong and they were also positive.  Ultimatly, she told her mother and they "took care of it".  Needless to say, she is 28 now and does not have a child.  She was too young and immature to be having sex because she proved this by not using protection.  If you are fearing you are preggo, you must not have used protection either (correct me if I am wrong).  You  must tell your mother.  She may be upset, but she will help you through this time.  At 16, you are still developing yourself, and I am pretty sure your body is still trying to regulate everything, so maybe you are just late.  If you are stressing over this, it could also cause you to be late.  You say you and your boyfriend have been together a long time, but you are only 16, how long could you really be together.  First you need to take a test as I said earlier, then go and discuss this with your mother (whatever the outcome may be).  She will be able to help you if you are pregnant, and help you getting birth control pills or some other form of contraceptive.  Now, if you or your boyfriend are too embarassed to go in the store and buy a box of condoms, are you really mature enough to be having sex?  It is much easier (AND CHEAPER) to buy a box of condoms that will last you 12 rounds of doing the deed than buying some diapers.  I promise.  Think about things next time you are in the situation before you have sex again.  :)  I was nice ladies!!!!
Excellent response, I'm very proud.  ha ha!
Not all periods are the same.  Some will be longer, some shorter.  Stress, diet, weight gain or loss, etc. can all affect your cycle.  You haven't said if you used protection or any form of birth control.  Have you taken a test?

Also, 15 is a little early to be having sex.  You have to think of it like this, do you think you are old enough to raise a child should that happen because no form of birth control is 100%.  If the answer is no, you might want to rethink having sex with your boyfriend.  If you do continue to have sex, you need to be on some form of birth control.  Remember, you have a choice, a child being born to an unwed teen mom doesn't.
Trust your mother.  If you have been with your boyfriend along time she knows that you aren't being promiscuous.  Two days late isn't that long to start worrying yet.  Have you done a home pregnancy test?  They are much more effective than they used to be.  If my daughter was thinking she might be pregnant (though she is only 8 right now) I would want her to feel she could come to me with anything.  Should you have a false alarm, she can discuss what your future choices might be ( abstinance, birth control,.....)  But again 2 days isn.t that late and I would get a home pregnancy test. My thoughts are with you.  I know how frightened and alone you must feel.
I am sorry for your anxiety.

My advice, go to the doctor - stress to your mother the urgency of the situation.  Also, get a home pregnancy test kit and take it.  They're only like $8 so round up some cash and get to the store.  Did you use protection while having sex?

Also, stop having sex.  If you think you are pregnant then I suspect that means you didn't use protection.  If, in this day in age, you are having sex without a condom then you are WAY too immature to be having sex.
Go easy on her, girls...  :-)
Smart move to get the test, the sooner you know the sooner you can start taking better care of yourself.
You can't do anything about what has already happened but you can make changes for the future & learn from the experience.
Do tell your mom, she had you,  so she understands all of the feelings you are having right now. Please keep us posted
Mothers are always RIGHT!!
Listen to your mother.... Dont be one! 16 is way too young
Birth control is cheap compared to sleepness nights, baby crying, diapers and formula etc....
If your going to be sexually active PROTECT yourself Just not from pregnancy but from STD's also.

You never answered how long you were with your boyfriend?
Another important lesson is YOU WILL ALWAYS have your mother sometimes boys just want one thing then there gone!!

Was wondering where you were.
Been working like a dog today!! NOT shopping!
Cleaning out attics, basements,  going to have a garage sale this weekend... TOO much **** around here Ill try to pawn it off on someone else!!!...FOR MONEY.....good idea huh!...lol..

Im here ....always here..
i completely respect everythign you all have to say and i know i am younge and i know it was wrong i shold have waited adn no the first time we were stupid and didn't use a condom(yes i know thats silly) and i know i screwed up and i know you all must think i am imature and maybe you all are right but you have to look at this in my point of view also and no i havn't tooken a home preg. test i have an appointment today at 2:30 with my doctor and another on the 10 so i will post when i get home to update you all but thank you again for your concerns and comments i appriciate them all
i was a teen parent, i became pregnant at 15 and trust me sweetie you need to tell your mom what is going on. you need to take a test to find out for sure and if you are, well you need as much help and support as you can get. it is tough to be a teen parent and trying to do it by yourself only makes it worse. i really hope that you aren't pregnant because it is so hard to be a teen parent. i do think you might want o see a doctor even if you aren't pregnant to find out what is going on for your own peace of mind and health. if you find out for sure your pregnant then i wish you the best but please know that your mom will be there to support you. i do wish you all the best.....keep us informed.
Kudos to you not being preggo.  Now, girl, we seriously have to talk about this having the boyfriend for 6 years and you only being "almost 16".  Like someone else said, you have so much to experience.  You dont need to limit yourself at such a young age.  NOW, I dont mean experience like going out and sleeping around or anything, but date around.  Have you been dating since 9 or 10?  I will assume not.  How old is this guy?
Ok I Went To The Doctors Today And I Am NOT Pregnent Thank Goodness But I Still Don't Know What Is Wrong With Me So I Have To Wait And Find That Out On The 10th But Thank You For The Advice And For Those Who Were Wondering My Boyfriend And I Have Been Together For 6 Years NO Lie And My Mom And I Talked And She Isn't Mad And Is Being Super Supportive
Hold on there little ladie, you can't ask for help and then say it's my life. It is indeed your life, the ladies were only trying to give you advice. We are all older than you, and have more experience with life. So do yourself a favour and listien to the old birds(hee just kidding ladies wer'e not really old birds)
I can't belive you don't fight with your boyfriend, do you guys agree about everything? I come from a very verbal family, so i think it's not natural not to fight.
Yes!!
Together for 6 years that means you were 10!! Oh my god girl You have your whole life ahead of you...
So much to see and do in the world today GO experience it all!!
Im glad for you your not pregnant!!!
Take this as a second chance! Protect yourself ..
I have a 10 year old daughter NO WAY she would be dating anyone!

Decisions you make now will affect the rest of your life SO BE WISE and MAKE the right ones The road of life is long and hard to begin with so take all the help you can get and get a good start!!  
P.S. Listen to your Mother...Mothers  are wise beyond their means
My Boyfiend Is 17 On The 13th And I KNow People Think Its Weird That We've Been Together That Long But Its A Good Relationship We Never Fight Were Each Others Best Friends And Its Been That Way Seens We Were Little We Have Grown Up Together And I Know I Have Alot To Experiance But He And I Experiance Them Together And I Understand What You All Are Saying But You Also Need To Remember This Is My Life But It Is Nice Of You All To Give Me Your Opinions
I do not want to sound rude but you say "This is my life" well then maybe you should not have posted here about this then.  You are on a board with a bunch of grown women who are wanting babies and it does make us sick to know there are all these little girls out there having unprotected sex and then terrified to face the consequences.  I know there are women on here who were teen moms and were probably good at it but I am TOTALLY against it.  Just stop what you are doing now and just enjoy each other in other ways.  I have 2 sisters who were both teen moms and guess what they are both now single moms of 2 kids each.  Just be careful that is all we are saying.  Good Luck to you
You cant tell me you have been together for 6 years and havent fought!!The best of couples have their bad days!!
The only way to not fight would mean you agree with everything he does or says and that is called being a puppet on a string
Yes go out and experience it all...by that it means ..scuba diving, travelling, education, NOT SEX

Some one said once A good lover isnt someone who loves many Its some one who loves for a life TIME
ANd your life time is still ahead of you and plenty of it
You go girl!!!  As far as never fighting, come on.  We squabble on here and we dont even have to be around each other, and we are not men (i dont think).  You have to have disagreed sometime.
Like I always say, people who say they don't fight are either lying or they don't communicate.
I'm glad to hear it. Your mom sounds all right. I do hope, however, that your Dr. got you on the pill and/or chatted with you about safe sex. Congratulations! You get a second chance. Good luck.
Everyone.. does seem like your being a bit harsh on the girl. Yeh, unprotected sex is stupid, but the thing is, you are treating her like a really young child- we all make mistakes. At 15, nearly 16 Im sure everyone here was not angels and wanted to be treated like an adult. I do not think that underage sex is a good idea, obviously, but I think this girl has been told what to do in the wrong way! If another situation like this occurs like this in her life, I doubt she will come to this website to discuss it- it is a really bad idea to scare teenagers from talking to adults about such matters...thats when things get too late for other options. When you tell a child or a young person NOT to do something they often go out and do it, not through spite, but through interest. They are curious, just as we were at that age!!! The younger generation is growning up faster all the time. Instead of saying NO SEX, DONT HAVE SEX, there is a much better way. Explain the risks of sex: pregnancy, STI's and most importantly make sure they understand birth control!!! Hasnt anyone noticed how many teens who get pregnant are scared to tell their mother?!?!? If their parents had spoken to them about the subject openly, supplied them with condoms or if they had suspected they were having sex, taken them to the doctors to choose another type of bith control (the pill for example) then wouldnt discussing sex and things like this be A LOT easier?!?! If sex is seen as a forbidden thing then children immediately want to have it. You may say that not all tennagers rebel against their parents, but this doesnt stop them being curious. If sex is spoken about easily within the family, treated as something to share with someone you love, but also PROECTION provided whenever YOU as a PARENT think is necessary then the chance of something going drastically wrong, significantly decreases. If having sex is not a 'bad' or 'forbidden' or 'not talked about'subject, teenagers appeal to have it simply disappears. This is only my opinion and I am not saying that any of yours are wrong, this is just going to be my approach and it is what I think works.
By the way, good on you girl if you dont fight with your boyfriend. Not all couples do fight, or argue! But im sure your one in millions so keep what you've got. Sounds like your soul mates :). And even more importantly CONGRATS that your not pregnant, but please sort out some birth control to stop the worry you had this time. Clinics are confidential so DONT be afraid to go and ask anything you want, and get protection. You are definitely not the only 15 year old having sex, and doctors hear cases like this regularly. You should be treated with respect and maturity at a doctors, if you are not, find somewhere else to go! Where ever you feel comfortable talking, but you really should go. :)
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can
Okay, we know tha girl wants opinions, but in my opinion I dont believe in abortion. You open your legs, its your responsibility, no matter how old you are! I dont think a woman should even think about her life er herself when she finds out shes pregnant! So that was your friends choice, but it was a bad one, god gives us children as gifts its not just a coincidence! :}
Hi, if you take a prego test now, you should find out. Everyone made the mistake of loosing their virginity. I was tha same way, I always wanted to wait til marriage, but I fell in love, I thought, n got crushed in the end. But whatever come yer way in life, take it as it is n stay strong, dont dawg yerself if you are pregnant. Its a wonderful experience, no matter how old or young you are :}
Birth control, condems, blah blah blah. If yer meant ta be a mother youll be one. Think this way, what if your 16 year old daughter got pregnant, what would you do? Would you be a bad mom or a good supportive mom? So why are all of you on here dawgin on this girl that needs help? It doesnt matter how old or young she is, it was her choice n none of you can stop her from makin her own decisions.