Maternal & Child Community
temperature high all day

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

temperature high all day

I am currently in the TWW - have taken a few tests already,all negative, but today is only cd 27 for me.  I have had 24-26 day cycles since my last mc in April though, so to me I am already late, but the tests disagree apparently!  Anyway - my question is this - with my last pregnancy, my day time temps were anywhere from 99.4-99.9 all the time. I only knew this bc when I first felt sick I took my temp and it was high and then found out I was pg (why I didn't feel well) and it stayed high after that until well after my mc.  I am now thinking I am pg and my day time temps are consistently high again, 99.4-99.9 anytime I take it throughout the day.  Has anyone else had elevated temps during the day/evening and does it mean anything or is it purely coincidental?  thanks and sticky baby dust to all!
Tags: maternal, Hope
Wow, I am just learning about temping. Eventhough I already have 2 DS, I never had to put much effort in ttc. Anyway, yesterday I took my temp around 7pm and it was 98.8. Later that evening b4 bed arond 10pm it was 99.0, This morning it was 99.1. I have recently read that elevated temps for 18 days straight afer Oing probably means pregnancy. Unfortunately I started temping after I oed and am currently in the 2ww 6 or 7dpo. I will continue to take my temps and keep a record. I also heard that it is best to take your temps in the morning b4 even getting out of the bed around the same time every morning. Good luck to you and BABY DUST TO ALL!!!
Taking your temp during the day does not help much. If you would off taken your temp. each morning at the same time before you get up and your temp would stay hight the whole time then you would be able to draw a conclusion that you are/are not prego. When you take it during the day, it just does not work since you are walking around, doing things and all this effects the temp. I hope you are prego. Good luck.
OMG!!!  I'm having the same issue!  My temps always, ALWAYS start to drop by 12dpo.  Well, I am 14dpo and they are still high.  I have taken hpt's but all negative, not even a hint of a line.  I know I ovulated, I had a very clear temp shift.  What could be going on?  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I don't feel pregnant, I have no symptoms, but my temps are seriously throwing me off.  Keep me posted, let me know what happens with you.  Let's hope we're pregnant!
I do bbt too - they are in the 98.0-98.2 range these days, which is still high after O, but the other temps I talking about are just regular thermometer temps - like I was sick and taking my temp.  My normal temp during the day is 98.6 or there about, not over 99 on a consistent basis, except the last time I was pg, so I'm just wondering if it means anything or not.
Hi Ladies,
I'm recently married (July) and my husband and I are really wanting a baby. We had sex just about every other day during the month. After a while I felt ovulation pain (cramps in lower abdomen) and I had really really bad lower back pain, especially when I bent over (and I didn't do anything physical to cause the pain, besides plain old missionary sex haha)...I've felt really bloated and even started wanting things like buffalo wings, which I never really ate that much before. My period isn't due for another week or so. I take my temp every morning and its about 98.0-98.4 which is higher than normal for me...During the day and at night it hits 99.0-99.4 and its been like that for the past 8 days. My nipples are sore, but my actual boobs aren't hurting me. Also, when my husband and I have sex now I tend to have cramping afterwards. Someone help me!! Do you think it sounds like I could be prego??? Best of luck to all of u as well!!
temps that stay high for 18 to 20 days do mean ur preggo, temps can be from 97 to 99 but u have to test at the same of the day. Testing all day won't mean anything. If u do it in the morning then thats the time to do it, before you drink anything or eat anything :)