the pt with questions
I took a Pregnancy Test yesterday and it was posative. The biggest question of it all is well I was on my period at the time of the test. So the question is it possible to be pregnant and on your period in the first month?
If I were you I would take another test.  Is it possible you were bleeding but it wasn't a period?  Some pregnancies do have bleeding at the outset.
my MIL had her period througout both her pregnancies. she didn't even know she was pregnant with my dh until she was 3 months!!!  it's not common, but it is possible.
some spoting/bleeding tends to be common early on in pregnancy. as annie said, i would test again for assurance. if the bleeding is similar to your normal period, and you really are pregnant, that could be cause for concern. if its lighter, shorter, and no cramping involved, i would try not to worry and just make an appt with your dr to be on the safe side. take care.
Thank you all for the information, the second part of it all is.. does the fact that this is my first period off the pill after two years. I guess what i am asking is can the sudden change in hormones create a false positive on a pt? Also what is the first sign of a miscarriage. I have been told that it is dark menstrual fluid, clumps and severe cramping and i have all of the above. Just wondering maybe someone can help?
I am guessing it was not your period. it is not possible to get your "period" when your pregnant. yes, you may have bleeding around the time your period is due on or each of the months, but it is not a period as you dont ovulate and all that good stuff when your pregnant. it was explained to me by my docter why you cant actually get your period, but i dont remember the reasoning behind it.
I would contact your docter or the E.R about your symptoms. Tell them you have had a positive hpt and now you are flowing heavy,dark clumps with severe cramping. Praying for you girl! Let us know how it turns out. ~hugs~