Maternal & Child Community
they told me the baby was dead? can they be wrong?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

i went for a scan on the 22nd may. the baby was fine i saw the heart beat and could make everything out. i was 7 weeks pregnant. 4 days later i had some spotting so went back in for a scan and they said they couldnt see a heart beat. its been 2 days and i have had NO bleeding or anything and i still feel like eveything is ok. i dunno wat to do. they said my baby was dead. i dont believe evrything can be fine 1 day and then not the next. i dont know ahat to think or do? can anyone help? can they be wrong?
i am sorry for your loss. unfortunately, if there is no longer a hb, the baby has stopped developing. I went last mon for u/s and saw hb, but on tues., there was no hb. i too, have no spotting, but it can take your body a long time to react. This is my 2nd m/c since dec and for my first, it took over a month for my body to expel. this time, i am scheduled for a d&c on tues.  Have your doctors asked you what you want to do?
First of all, i'm sorry you're going through this. I know it's really hard. I had the same thing happen to me...at 7 weeks they detected a heartbeat (a very faint one) and they told me I would miscarry. I didn't have any symptoms or anything and a week went by...I went in for another u/s and they didn't find anything by an empty sac. I wondered how it was that the baby could be there one day and gone the next...but I had a missed miscarriage and was scheduled for a d&c a week later. If you have any doubts you could always ask for another u\s.
I am very sorry, I also had the same thing happen with my first m/c.  Unfortunately if they can't find a heart beat then the baby is gone, sometimes it can take a little while after the baby dies to actually miscarry.  What can happen is it can sit up there above the cervix and be trying to come out but be sort of plugging it up, therefor it can take a little while some times.  If you have any cramping or bleeding you should check with your dr again.  I am so sorry for you.  It's not easy to understand why everything can be just fine one moment and then not the next moment.  Don't give up, these things happen sometimes.
I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I too saw a heart beat & had another U/S where there was no longer a h/b. I had another U/S that confirmed that the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks. I also have no cramping or bleeding & it's been a week since I found out. I am scheduled for a D&C Tuesday. This is all very emotionally draining.
Oh my god, you poor thing,
I went through the same thing a week and a half ago. I was nearly 11 weeks and was so thrilled to be pg as I had my first m/c in December. I had no bleeding, spotting, pain, cramps not one sign....It was devistating and I just wanted to die. So I know what you are feeling right now, I too did not want to believe it, I went home and the next tay I had another scan just to be sure as I too thaught the doc has made a mistake. One day later I went for my d&c but before I let them do it I made them do another scan. I also requested the placenta be sent for tests, as I have read that there could have been a blood clot in the placenta, and for the next time, if its confirmed there are many things you can do and many things doc's can do to avoid it happening again. I hope that this is some helf for you. Hang in there all will be ok. You are in the right place for help that is sure, it's what put me back on track.
God bless you and take care.
Susan
I, too am so sorry for your loss. I went in at 8w2d and saw a h/b and literally the next day I had some spotting so I had another u/s and no h/b. I never bled or cramps or even continued to spot and consequently had a d&c at 10 1/2 weeks. Good luck and god bless.
I am so sorry for all of you.  I went through a d&c last year when I was 1o weeks along and the baby stoped growing at 7 weeks.  Since then had 2 natural miscarriages without d&c.  It is very emotionally draining, the worst feeling ever when you want it so bad.  It's hard to get over, but it does get better in time, just don't lose hope or stop trying because it will happen for you.
My latest mc was 6 1/2 weeks. I never actually saw anything like a baby, just clots.  It is soooo tiny that early, and typically didn't even form properly. You'll be okay. In two months you can try again.
oh my god. thank you so much for your replies. im actualy crying my eyes out reading them... well i can get over giving up hope because something is actually happening. i am such a mess and dont know how im gonna cope and i dont know how you all got through it either. you all seem so strong... no one should have to go through this... im having loss of blood and fleshy stuff but i dont think its over with? will i know when my baby comes out?
God bless you jen.  I'm going through it right now, as I type.  I'm 7 weeks and cramping and bleeding.  I'm just hoping not to pass everthing by Tues. so I can go in for the D&C.  I don't want to pass it at home.  Hang in there, you're not alone.
To all of you who have had multiple mc, don't despair. I had at least 7 mc before I had my 2 1/2 year old daughter. I don't know how many I've had since. I quit testing after the first 2, and I guess it may be 5-6 in the last 2 years. Now, by something I can only call a miracle from God, I am pregnant again. I told the Dr. I don't know how it happened. He laughed, and teased me, but he knew what I meant. In my case I have a Luteal Phase defect, and Anti-phospholipid Antibody Syndrome. Both are common causes of recurrent mc. If your Dr. has not tested you for these, and you've had 2 or more mc, you need to ask for it. I had a really hard time after the Dr.'s told me never to have any more babies, but had finally started to accept that like it or not, I would never have another baby of my own. My daughter started praying the Heavenly Father would give us a baby. She was very persistent, and fervent in her prayers. I asked her if She thought Heavenly Father was going to give us a tiny baby, and she said "He already did." I am only 5 1/2 weeks, but I just KNOW that everything is going the way it should. I was also on a Category X medication when I got pg, but I'm just not afraid at all. I could not possibly explain it to anyone who doesn't believe in God's ability to do anything. Ther are miracles out there for all of you too. Just trust in God, and wait a while. I did, and the joy I have with my amazingly beautiful daughter is some that only people like you will ever be able to understand. The more you want something, and the longer you have to wait, the sweeter it is when you finally get it. Baby dust all around.
This is my second pregnancy (first one was smooth sailing), and I am a little afraid (again) for this particular pregnancy.  It seems like this baby is making us worry more than not!  I went in for my routine check up at 11 weeks 0 days and the doctor could not find a heartbeat using the Doppler.  So, she tried transabdominally on the Ultrasound and still no luck.  The baby is measuring right on, so if it did indeed die, it died very recently.  No signs whatsoever of miscarriage (no cramps, no spotting, etc.) I am scheduled for another u/s (which I will demand transvaginally this time) in one week.  The last u/s I had, the baby had a strong heartbeat (at about 7 weeks).  Has anyone had this issue this late and still had the baby survive?  VERY worried.  (The first worry came at week 5 when the u/s said I had an empty sac and possibly molar pregnancy.  We spent two weeks in utter turmoil, but when we saw only one healthy baby and a heartbeat at 7 weeks, we were instantly relieved and had stopped my worrying, until now.).  I love my doctor and she will not do a D&C (which I am happy about) until it is completely necessary.  She would rather me wait it out and if I miscarry, then I do it naturally.  PLEASE HELP!!!
I'm afraid all you can do is wait to see what happens with the next ultrasound.  I hope everything turns out ok for you.
We did another u/s last Tuesday and confirmed no growth and no heartbeat.  Thursday I was induced at almost 13 weeks and had a miscarriage that day.  We named him/her Alex, as we did not know the sex yet.  I lost too much blood and had to be taken to the hospital.  All is well and I am recovering.  Sad times.  Pray for our next pregnancy (our doctor told us to try again after 1 more cycle).  She is truly the most amazing doctor and I feel so blessed to have had her at a time like this.  I couldn't imagine having my previous doctor during this time.  She stayed at her office with me overtime (2 hours) until I had to be in the hospital.  A good doctor that share your values is worth a million.  
Sorry for your loss. Stay strong and don't lose hope.
i was told today that my baby's heart has stopped, i am 22 weeks pregnant and i have to go through labour on friday i am so gutted i just want to hold my baby