Maternal & Child Community
threatened miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

threatened miscarriage

help I'm starting to freak out.... on 11-5-07 @ 9 weeks i woke up at 1:30am it felt as if i had started my period went to the bathroom and my pants were all bloody and felt something pass my boyfriend got it out of the toilet and it looked to us like a sac it was as big around as a pop can went to ER  everything was OK had u/s and saw the baby and the heartbeat of 180, said it was a threatened miscarriage my hcg level was 138,933 wed 11-8-07 woke up again bleeding just like a little gush went back to er . Dr said the baby looked fine had a heartbeat so i went home thursday morning started spotting but now I'm done i had to go to my family Dr on wed to recheck my hcg levels the went down to 122,012 she said i was probably gonna miscarry Ive had no cramps at all i don't know what i passed on Mon if it was a blood clot or what don't my chances go down for miscarriage since Ive seen the baby on u/s and seen the heart beat and both times the baby looked fine i now have to wait till Mon again ill be 10 weeks and get my hcg levels taken again to see if they dropped I'm also gonna have her see if she can hear the heartbeat
That is what I am going thru right now....my hcg lvl's arelow but they keepdropping and going back up.....i am still too early for an u/s but dr said it's a threatened miscarriage and told me bedrest....do not stress over the hcg lvl test....they can be scary but stressing doesn't help....i wait at the hospital and request the copies of the test because now i know what to look for.  I do hope everything goes well for you....
I hate to tell you that I bled for two weeks and had two normal ultrasounds, but I am now in the middle of a miscarriage. I started passing large pieces of material like this and had another ultrasound yesterday and the baby was still there, but no heartbeat. I had already began to grieve the loss of the pregnancy, but seeing that little baby with no heartbeat crushed me. It would have been better if it hadn't even been there. I'm still passing huge chunks of stuff, and the worst part is collecting it all and looking for the fetus. I wish I could give you netter news, but it sounds exactly like what's happening to me. The hardest part is knowing that the baby was trying to hold on while his/her support system was falling apart. At this point, I just want to know what happened.

Hang in there. I'm really sorry you're going through this too. My comfort is that my sweet baby got to go straight to heaven and not have to deal with all the struggles of life, so we're grieving for us and not our child. Good luck. I'll pray that you have a miracle and that your pregnancy continues.
Whenever you bleed in pregnancy it can go 50-50 either way. During my first pregnancy I spotted and it ended in miscarriage (even after we saw a heartbeat) during this pregnancy I bled worse than a period for 5 weeks almost every single day and everything turned out okay. By 8 weeks levels usually reach their peak and start to decline a little so I wouldn't be too worried about that. I would say keep checking up with your doctor and keep faith because it is possible that everything could turn out okay!
Is there any possibilty there was more than one baby> Im not sure how that would work, but i would guess if you seen a heartbeat after you passed the big blood clot or whatever that there could still be a chance and maybe that would explain yoru levels as well. Im just throwing it out there wondering if its even a possibility??? Let us know whats up.
I was wondering if there was more than 1 baby also.  It sounds like that is a good posibility.  I hope everything goes ok.  It is the hardest thing to have seen you baby/miracle's little heartbeat one time and the next there is nothing!!  It isn't fair.  My husband and I just went through this for the 4th time.  Good luck to you.  Keep us informed.
i had another ultrasound on tues the baby looked great size was good heartbeat was 178 dr really thinks that it was a twin that i passed that was not formed and she said that my hcg levels  were kinda high when i was nine weeks and now at 10 weeks there 105,999 and she said that was just about normal she said that dropping 33,000 in 1 week was to fast so were thinking a twin but the er dr didnt send the bloodclot into patholgy so we will never know
i had a 3d ultrasound and you can see everything including the penis :)
there was a girl in my buddy group that this happened to. her baby girl is a year old now and doing great. i hope all is well with you!