Maternal & Child Community
tilted uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

tilted uterus

I had my annual pap test yesterday - I went to a different clinic and they told me that I had a tilted uterus (how my last dr missed this, or just didn't tell me, i'm not sure). She told me that i can still get pg, but it may take awhile - bummer! :(
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has this and if there is anything that I can do to help my chances of conceiving.
I have it and no problem conceiving.  I conceived 3 times this year...just having trouble holding onto my pregnancies.
I've been pregnant seven times.  Three live births, the miscarriages had nothing to do with my tilte uterus.  I got pregnant the first month I tried all times. Sister is the same.  Got pregnant twice on the first try.  No miscarriages.  You may have other issues that may make it difficult to conceive but it's highly doubtful that your tilted uterus will be the cause.  It's incredibly common.  Good luck.  I hope that you are able to get your BFP soon.
I have a tilted uterus and in no way does it inhibit getting pregnant etc.  That doesn't matter at all.  Don't know why they told you that!
I have a tilted uterus and have been preggo five times.  I had two term babies, two m/c, and am preggo right now.  I had my m/c in June and got preggo in Oct. - four months.  Didn't take that long.  Took four months before that.  My dr. said it can just be harder to hear the heartbeat when you are preggo
My mom has it and it took her 5 years to get pregers. But once she did get preg after that it
Hey girl!  I was gonna post today to see how you have been!  How weird huh?  Anyway - my step-mom had a tilted uterus when she got preggo with my lil' sis.  So I think you will be fine.  Just be patient and let nature take its course!  It will def happen when you arent expecting it!  I am praying for you girl.  I hope you get your BFP soon!!  I dont know how your other dr would have missed that but I had kinda the same situation.  As you know I already have one DS.  Well I have since switched drs cause the one I went to retired due to cancer.  Anyway - this one felt in there ONE TIME and said "Oh there's no way you will be able to have a vaginal delivery"  I said "ok why not", she said cause your pelvis is too narrow.  Im like ok how come the last one didnt know that and I layed in labor for 17.5 hours and then had a C-section!  So this time i am scheduling one!!  I cant wait.  How are you doing otherwise??
I have a tilted uterus too.  It took us 8 months to conceive, but I really blame that on my semi-irregular cycle.  Once I was able to O earlier, I got pregnant right away.
I was told I had a tilted cervex and I had no problem conceiving.  I read that delivery may have to be a c-section but sometimes the baby can turn it back to normal and delivery will be fine.
Whew - your posts made me feel a lot better - thank you! So other than the regular obessive :) ttc methods, there is nothing special that I need to do whil bd'ing?

boogaloo - you said yours didn't cause your m/c, but does anyone know if it can? I've had two and was wondering if this could possibly cause them? I tried researching it, and I read somewhere that it makes it harder for implantation - and can cause chemical pg. Just wondering...

Hi - aww, thanks for thinking of me!! :) It feels great to know others are wondering how i'm doing...

Isn't it amazing how some drs can miss something so simple? It took my new dr about 5 seconds to tell me this and I've been going to my last one for 5 years and she never said anything - even when she knew I was ttc. I guess that's not as bad as you having to be in labor for so long though - when you could have just had the c-section. Don't you just love drs sometimes? :)

Well, other than that - and my cold that I'm FINALLY getting over - I'm doing pretty good! I'm really looking forward to Christmas (and a few days off from work!). I haven't been on as much as usual - how is everything going for you? I think I remember reading about your last appt - you are about 25 wks, right? It's getting closer!! :o)
I have had 3 this year and my dr said absolutely not could this have caused mine...it is risky after 12-13 weeks if it doesn't straighten on its own but my m/c were all before 9 weeks.

I think they said 90% of the time it straightens itself out to support the weight of the baby after 13 weeks...if not there is something the drs can do to help it.
good to know - thank you! I guess it's just something to make sure my dr is watching after i get pg. I'm glad it's not as big of a deal as I thought. I was feeling pretty bad yesterday, thinking that there was a reason this whole time for my trouble ttc and I didn't know it. I feel a lot better today after hearing from you ladies.
I also have a titled uterus and have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and had no problems getting pregnant. She was our honneymoon baby :)
I had a M/C last March but it had nothing to do with it, and as I was prego again as soon as I got the ok to try. Once again it took no time at all.
I am now 25.5 days prego with a baby boy!!!
I also have a tilted uterus and it should not prevent you from getting pregnant.  My doctor said it is really not anything to worry about.  My mother also had a tilted uterus and she had 1 miscarriage and 2 live births. Good luck to you.
Yea well you know what they say about drs.....they just PRACTICE medicine.  So they can be wrong sometimes!  :-)  whatever they have to say to cover their butts!  Anyway - yea I am 25 weeks now.  Will be 26 on Sunday!  Woo-Hoo!  I have a big fat belly and everything already.  Im soooo rooting for you to get your BFP!!  Of course your in my thoughts...we talked all the time when you were on more.  Just know that i am praying for ya!!!
i have it also. 3mc and one preg. that has made it past my unlucky 6 week mark. now i am 19w3d. my mother also had it and she has us 3 girls. i believe my aunt has it and she has 2 boys/men.  
**and  as for taking a while i can just look at my hubby and get prego.
I have one and have been pregnant 8 times (6 in the past year and a half).  Just can't seem to get a good egg:(
Hi, I just thought I'd jump on the band waggon!  I have a tilted uterus and have had no problems getting pregnant. In fact, this one, I was prego on the first real try!  Good Luck :-) I have a feeling a BPF is on it's way. Baby dust..
Thank you all so much!! It sounds like having a tilted uterus shouldn't affect my ttc efforts. I'll just say that's why it's taken so long (so I can at least have a reason) - and now it's been long enough, so BFP - here we come!!! :o)

Steph, I can't believe you are that far already! I remember back when you got your BFP! It's amazing how time flies! Thank you for your prayers - I'll keep you in my prayers as well - for a healthy, easy delivery - and a very healthy little boy (hope I remember correctly on the gender :)

The best part of all this, is that DH is finally talking about it more - telling me how much he wants a baby, etc. It's about time I'm not the only one obsessing over it!! :D
I have a tilted uterus and I got pregnant in one month with my first, and with my second, I got pregnant when we weren't even trying and I was on birth control pills.  You just never know what life is going to hand you!
My current doctor told me that I have a tilted uterus too (but I had three other GYNs before her and only one had mentioned it) ... but I had no issues what so ever getting pregnant.
I have a tilted uterus, which is also heart shaped, and have never had trouble getting pregnant.  First one was a surprise and second time took three months, pretty standard.  From what I've heard a tilted uterus isn't supposed to make conception harder at all.
I have a tilted uterus and got pregnant with the pull out method.  Go figure.
I too have a tipped uterus and have FAR from any trouble getting pregnant.  The only BC that works for me is an IUD.  Well it did work until it fell out (after 2yrs).  It wasn't even a month after it fell out that I got pregnant again.  A radiologist who also has a tipped uterus once told me she felt it actually benefits getting pregnant vs. preventing it by pooling the sperm.  I definately can't disagree.  I am guessed to be about 7wks pregnant right now.  My doctor believes it is not a viable pregnancy because not much can be seen on the ultrasound.  Although my dr. does not agree, I feel the visability problems are due to my uterus being tipped.  I will know for sure when I get the results of my HCG tests on Monday. I am praying that she will have to cancel the D&C appnt she already scheduled for on tuesday and learn a lesson on tipped uterus's!  So anyway, if all works out for the best you may want to keep in mind the chance of abnormal US results.
What i have been going threw has been not much fun.i am almost 12 weeks pregnant, i have a tilted uterus i got it after i delievered my daughter almost 4 years ago. i have been through  spotting in the start, cramping, back pain, recently i had sergery (surgery) to correct my uterus since i couldnt go to the bathroom they had to cath me and i might have to do that alot threw this pregnancy they inserted a ring to hold my uterus, this pregnancy had been nothing but hell. my doctors tell me that there is only a small percent of people that goes threw this, sure some have tilted uterus and it comes up as you grow with the pregnancy but has anymore gone threw this much stuff, so i can stop feeling alone. its not fair with my daughter i had it easy, but this baby has to be special, please someone read this and give me input im scared because i no im not done with this pain, i dont no whats next.

Ksanden
So sorry you are going through all that! I really don't know anything about it as I just found out I have a tilted uterus and am not pregnant - but I would suggest that you start a new thread - that way it shows up at the top. I know a lot of people don't usually scroll down this far and so most may not see it. If you start a new thread, I'll bet you get more responses and hopefully some answers. You are in my thoughts - and I hope you get the answers you are looking for!! :o)
jen, how do you start a new thread i am new to all of this and thanks for the advice on that hopefully someone can give me advice.
ksanden
Hello! Sorry, I just saw your post. To post a new question: in the maternal/child forum (where they show all the questions listed) - there are 3 things you can choose from - right above all the questions (pretty close to the top of the page). On the left is "post a question" - just click on that and then type in your question and topic. Sometimes, if we have reached our question limit for the day - it won't let you ask a question - than you will just have to wait until later in the day or the next day for them to open it back up again. I hope this answers your question! Let me know if I have confused you! :o)
hi i have a tilted cervix also, didnt find out till i was 40weeks and 6days with my son. it took me over 3 years to concieve (conceive) for my little boy. got told after i had him thats probably why. had a horrific birth, had to be induced...twice and well it just went from bad to worse they tried 3 times while i was in labour to pull my cervix forward and i would say thats probably just as painfull as giving birth!!!...got advised for c section next time. but im 13 weeks pregnant and only tried once and fell straight away for this one....so not sure whats the truth. anyway has anyone else had bad birth because of this? im waiting to see a surgon and then the decision will be made whether i have c section or not. thanx
i got told i had one too when i was expecting my daughter and i havnt  experienced trouble concieving.i miscarried last time but only took me four months to concieve (conceive).i am hoping next time wont take that long. good luck .x
I have a tilted uterus also, I was told that this is why it took so long to get pregnant.
I was actually told to lie on my back afterwards with a wedge under my butt so that my pelvis was higher than my head!.sounds funny, but at that point I would try anything (we had been trying for 18 months) so I did.
I didn't have a wedge, so I put a pillow under me.My bed is against the wall so I put my legs up on the wall and waited about 20 minutes. and what do you know it worked! my daughter is now 4 and we are now trying again. just thought it was a little funny! but it did work for me :)
I just found out I have a tilted uterus also after my first m/c last month I'm only 19..but i'm married, we were devastated but we are still looking towards the future and what will come :)