Maternal & Child Community
tiny white bumps in infant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tiny white bumps in infant

My siser has a 3 1/2 month old son.  She discovered that he has developed tiny white bumps on his gums.  At first she assumed he may be teething however the bumps are not where you would expect teeth to sprout.  This seems to make him colicky and he suddenly is waking every two hours again.  At first I thought this may be thrush but she said that the bumps are hard.  Anyone have any ideas?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Found this for you:

"Gingival Cysts

Q: My 14 month old daughter has 8 teeth, four on top and four on the bottom. When she was first born, I noticed she had Epstein's pearls, white bumps on her gums just below where she would cut teeth. I've seen three. They are still there, even after beginning to cut teeth. The pearls are not located under any of the teeth she has now. Will these disappear as the respective teeth are cut just above them, absorbing them into the teeth as they grow?

A: Epstein's pearls are also called gingival cysts. Bohn's nodules is the common name for cysts along the gingiva (gum) tissue, and Epstein's pearls denote cysts located along the midline of the palate. This concludes your dental terminology lesson for today!

Gingival cysts have been observed in both infants and adults; however, they are most common in newborns. They usually disappear after about 3 months. Gingival or palatal cysts in an infant generally require no treatment as they spontaneously rupture early in life or at the time of tooth eruption."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helped!

Blank
The bumps as far as I know are only on his gums.  My first thought was thrust but I'm really not sure.  My sister came to me for guidance and I really couldn't help her much because I never had to deal with that with my 2 year old son.  Thanks for the info Christie and Stacie!
Blank
does he have it on the insides of his cheeks or on his tongue... could be thrush (yeast infection)
Blank
My son has little white bumps on his leg.  We saw our Dr. and they said it would just go away and not to use soaps/oils on him.  It has gotten a little worse.  It doesn't seem to bother him and you can barely see the bumps, but you can feel them and they're noticable it you look closely.  Anyone know what it is or what can be done?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...