to Christie and open forum if need
Good morning ladies! Christie, I posted this question a while back but you were in the middle of your husbands accident I beleive and you may not had seen it. Being a RN I would like some advice. I have morning sickness that comes and goes. I would not say it is horrible by no means compared to some of ladies on here. The vomiting is gone but the nausea is not. I have read alot about the safety of taking 1/2 Unisom and vitB. Have you heard of this? I have also heard of Dramamine. Let me state...I have not taken these. Just wondering. What I do not understand is the are classified in B catergory drugs when alot of the anti nausea drugs docs prescribe at in the C catergory drugs. Why would they prescribe a more dangerous drug when there is a safer alternative. And I may be totally off base here:) I am no doctor. Just someone who reads too much on the net! I am not talking about taking this on a regualar basis but for some reason I needed to go somewhere and my stomach was not in agreement and I took it to get me through. I would really love your input! And are there any others out there that have heard of this????? Bless all! Danielle
Unisom is one best taken at home as it is a sleeping pill. They actually will give B6 injections for severe morning sickness. I has severe m/s with both my boys and for Tristan we tried a variety of meds including Reglan, Compazine and eventually I found relief in Zofran. Only downfall is Zofran is rarely covered by insurance and even with my great rx plan, a 15 day supply would have cost me $200 out of pocket. I was lucky my OB had samples and I would take it every couple of days so I could eat and keep it down.

Some women swear by Preggie Pops, others by motion sickness bands. I would avoid Dramamine as I have never heard of a doctor approving it for m/s.

One of the best things is small frequent meals, I drank a lot of boost while pg as it was loaded with nutrients and the least offending thing I could find to consume.

Andrea

I echo Andrea's suggestions.

But the Unisom/B6 combo is one frequently suggested by OBs for morning sickness.  Call your doctor and ask if it is ok for you to use.

There was a drug called Bendectin used years ago for pregnancy related nausea, which had the same ingredient as Unisom + B6.  It was widely prescribed and a godsend to many pregnant women.  However, it was taken off the market due to a question of causing a birth defect.  Now, years later, those claims have been largely refuted.  In fact, in Canada, there is a drug called Dilectin that is the same thing.  There is a movement afoot to market it in the US.
I took bendectin in 1982 and my daughter has ADD, dyslexia, depression and sleep disorders.  I did not take it for my other two daughters who are fine.  I know another woman who took it that same year and her daughter is the same as mine.  I would not take anything like it if I were you.