Maternal & Child Community
toddler vitamins u all recommend??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

toddler vitamins u all recommend??

Hi all, Quinn has become quite the picky eater and her ped recommend giving her a vitamin. Well I bought the Flinstones ones and she hated them!  What do you all give your toddlers.   She is now 2 years old. :)
Related Discussions
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
146191_tn?1236881412
i give edward the gummy vitamens...lil critter...i think they are called. they have gummy flinstones vitamens too but edward prefers the other ones. they are all so picky! haha.
Blank
146191_tn?1236881412
here's a link to them so you can see what they look like but im sure you've seen them in the store...

http://www.gummybearvitamins.com/
Blank
212720_tn?1304379015
Hey thanks... I will pick some up.  :)   I saw those advertised in Parenting magazine. I cannot believe how picky she has gotten. She never used to be so bad. Terrible 2's big time... LOL
Blank
146191_tn?1236881412
edward actually eats like 3 a day. he must have a red, orange and yellow at the same time or he gets mad. terrible 2's for sure!
Blank
173939_tn?1333221450
We use the same vitamins girliegirl recommended. We tried both the Flintstones and the Arthur vitamins before and they taste more like vegetables. My son still hates them Try it. It`s taste like some old beets with broccoli plus citric acid. Pretty yucky.

The bad thing is that only the Arthurs and Flintstones have the right amount of vitamin D that my son is supposed to take. So I still sprinkle some vitamin D drops from those infant vitamin D bottles in his water.
Blank
162279_tn?1270604959
My kids LOVE the gummy bear vitamins they sell at Costco. They taste EXACTLY like a real, normal gummy bear.Its not hard at all to get them to want to eat these!
I get the ones with calcium because some of my kids arent milk lovers--but they also have just vitamin ones without added calcium.

The one problem you might have with these though is they taste TOO good, and little ones dont understand why they cant eat several. :)
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
Our pediatrician told us that the gummy vitamins are not recommended because they do not absorb well in the digestive system due to the "gummy" substance they are made up of and that usually kids don't chew them well enough to get what they need out of them. I also read something similar in a magazine but can't remember which one. Brody actually loves the Wal Mart brand chewables. He chews them right up. Also, be careful not to give them too much. Kids can overdose easily on vitamins. It's not good for their livers and can be toxic to them; especially the iron.
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
We use gummies, but they are not the super chewy kind. They more crumble in your mouth, so I'm assuming they're better absorbed than regular gummies?
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
Well, I went and googled it and all I can find is that they're bad for kids teeth and cause more cavities. I know there was another article about them not being good, but I can't find it.
Blank
168006_tn?1241016561
I also use the gummies.  My only issue is my son wants more than one!  So sometimes I also buy regular gummies so I can give him a few regular ones with the one vitamin mixed in.  
Blank
Madelyn takes the Princess gummies-she loves them. She asks for them everyday! I tried one, they are pretty good, I could see why kids would want more and think they are candy...they taste like fruit snacks or gummie bears. I am sure you wouldn't have any trouble getting her to take them-I know all about picky eaters-but these work!
Blank
212720_tn?1304379015
Thank you so much ladies. I truly value all of your input. :)  My sister who has older children is gonna take the Flinstones and I am going to buy the gummy kind.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...