too cold for baby?
To all who live in the north east, is it too cold for a 4 month old to go out today? I think its about 15 degrees out.
I wouldn't take my 4 month old out today unless I had to.  I went out yesterday but it involved taking her directly from a covered parking space into a building--minimizing exposure what you should be most concerned with.
Oh my...I live in Mass, and I could barely even go out today!  I would have stayed under the covers all day if I could have.  Granted, I'm from south Texas, and am sooo not used to this!  Anyway, I would definitely not take a baby out in this unless I had too.  The windchill is way lower that 15...and I hate it! Brrr
Thank you. I totally agree and I have some saying it should be ok , you're just going from the warm car to indoors.
I live in NY and I have a 21 week old baby.  I WOULD NOT TAKE HER OUT.  It's dangerously cold out there.  The wind chill is below zero.  There are frostbite warnings.
I know on a regular day that's just a bit chilly the wind takes her breath away.  
Think about it..... do you wnt to beout in this?  Regardless of whether you're just goig into the car or not, I don't wnt to be out so I won't ake my DD out.  Unless it's 100% unavoidable, I wouldn't do it.

OMG....I live in Canada and it was -15degrees yesterday.  I bundled up my little darling who is 6 weeks old and went grocery shopping.  It's just part of being Canadian...lol!
I also live in Canada and would be trapped in the house for 4 months....

I just put a light blankie over the car seat and away we went.

I personally believe that the baby (a healthy baby with no medical problems) should be exposed to any kind of weather (properly dressed for the temperature outside, of course).  I went to see my parents last night who live an hour away and yesterday was the only day I could do it.  I just dressed her really well and she went straight from the house to the car and from the car to the house.  It's winter and you can't keep your baby inside the whole winter, right?  Of course I do wait for the days that are not too windy for our walks :)