Maternal & Child Community
took a pregnancy test 4 days before period and :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

This morning I took one of those pregnancy tests that claim they can give you a positive result 5 days before you get your period.  My result came bach as "not pregnant."  I am currently taking progesterone suppositories as advised by my fertility doctor.  I know I should wait a few more days and test afain, but getting a bit impatient.  Has anyone else taken an early test with a negative result, and then discovered that they were actually pregnant?  It's a silly question. I just wish the result was different.    
Here is some information I found regarding early testing and the percetage of accuracy when testing early. I'm not sure what type of test you use, but this is the basic for most early tests.

Because implantation usually happens 6-12 days after ovulation, it is always possible that early testing will be too soon.

Clearblue Easy publishes on its website the following stats: Clearblue Easy can be used as early at 4 days before you expect your period. That's 5 days sooner than waiting until you miss your period to test. The amount of pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy. In clinical testing with early pregnancy samples, Clearblue Easy gave the following results. 53% of pregnant women get results 5 days sooner. 74% get results 4 days sooner. 84% get results 3 days sooner, 87% get results 2 days sooner. With their digital test, they say 55% get a positive result 3 days before a woman's period is due, 87% 2 days before, and 92% one day before.

First Response and Answer say Answer Quick & Simple¨ Early Result Pregnancy Test can detect the pregnancy hormone as early as 4 days before you expect your period. In clinical testing, Answer¨ detected the hormone levels in 69% of women 4 days before their expected period, in 83% of women 3 days before their expected period, in 93% of women 2 days before their expected period, and in 93% of women 1 day before their expected period.

I hope this helps.
Avatar n tn
Thank you.  It does.
Did you ever get a positive result? I am in the same boat now and suppose to get my period tomorrow but negative test result today.