treating ureaplasma/mycoplasma during pregnancy
My partner is 7 weeks pregnant and she has ureaplasma and mycoplasma.
Is this treatable during pregnancy and is it dangerous to treat it?  Are most people deciding to have abortions or treating this infection? What is the best option? We would desarly love to have the baby but we are frightened of the dangers.Any help would be appreciated.
You posted your comment on 1 Feb 2007. I cannot see anyone that answered you. Noe it is 22 Aug 2007. Can you PLEASE tell me what happened with your partner and your little baby!?? I am in the same position now, so, so, so confused!!!!!
I now have this to, it's also known as walking pnuemonia.  Seems like Azithromiacin is the antibiotics known to treat this and I was perscribed it as well.  Im almost 30 weeks pregnant and I hope this will be okay to take.
Azithromycin is safe antibiotic for threatment mycoplasma infections in pregnancy. Avoid tetracyclines!