Maternal & Child Community
trying to get pregnant again....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

trying to get pregnant again....

I just wanted to know how many parents are out there that have to unfortunately go through a very, very sad and tragic event in their life and know that they are not alone.  My husband and I have been married for 6 years and have a little girl who will turn 3 on the 12th of september. I have two boys from a previous marriage who are 11 and 6. This year on June 13th I had a little boy. Not even 30 days old, he died of sids. Oh my gosh it was horrible and still is. I want to have another baby..... I feel empyty inside and can't explain how I feel. I know that it won't bring my baby boy back, but we love children, and feel that if we can have one more that we would love and take care of we would be fine with our number of children that we have. I found out I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago. I know that this is really soon to have another baby, but I felt I was ready. Unfortunately my body wasn't ready..... I miscarried this weekend. I have never had a miscarriage ever in my life before. So now in my mid 30's have I not only had 5 children, I have endured the un-manageable..... Your baby dies and he/she is not there anymore. Then to be happy and pregnant again, and have a miscarriage. It has litterally been a milestone for our whole family to deal with and cope with and come together not pull apart. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten pregnant pretty early after another pregnancy and ended up in miscarriage. I also wanted ot hear about anyone else who has experience a death of a child due to sids....... unexplainable.
Thank you kat1163      
i have to say im so sorry for your losses. i had a very early m/c last year but i cant imagine losing a child like you did.  its good to hear your family is there for you and for each other, it is what makes us able to go on.  
let me tell you first i am so so sorry for your loss, i know how hard is this, i lost my abby last may, i was 36 weeks pregnant, almost two weeks before the scheduled c-section, she was very healthy, she was very active, but i don't know when she stoped moving, she was my first, i did not know how much they slow moving, all i was told was that they slow in the last weeks and there is no need to panic. it was a sunday when i start panic because she did not moved all the day, but told myself that she might moved while i am busy and did not noticed it, i was making favors for her birth, i was very happy, i spend the whole night loooking at my belly which was still, she did not respond at me presing on my belly as she usually do. first thing in the morning i went to the dr.office and asked him to listen to her heart beat....and there was nothing........we were so devasted and we are still, since that my period are very irregular which make it harder to conceive. my husband is shocked and very sad, he cries like a baby sometimes....we both cry...we wanted her so bad...every thing was ready for her even the favors, but she is gone...i went through a very hard time, but i amtrying to cooporate with my pain.....i want to be strong to handle a baby again.
you have to get the strenght, your body need it, you can't be ablle to carry a new baby.
there were a women here who lost her husband and 6 years old boy, and the baby she was carying 5 months pregnant. i took the strenght from her, i thank god that my husdand and i are fine and we can have a lot more kids.
bad things happen to good people, my doctor told me that last appointement.
you have your other kids, you are not alone. i don't have anyone beside my dh, all my family are overseas and no kids.
it is hard, you will never forget your baby, he will always be in your heart but things get easier after time.
i have a lot to tell you but can't say every thing, it will be a very long post. if you need to email me i will give you my email. ((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Dear kat1163
i am so sorry that you have had such a tough time of it. I have had 2 early pregnancy losses and i know that when i fall pregnant again i will be holding my breath the entire time. i found it easier to fall pregnant last year but after my 2nd loss i have had a bit of difficulty but having said that i have only been actively trying for the last 3 months. I hope all good things for you from now.
hi i have lost a  little girl taylor on the 27 of july she was 4 months old due to a heart condition we did not now about she was gone off her bottles and breathing heavly brought her to doc and he said she was fine took her three times and was allways told she was fine untill we deceided to take her to the hopo and she died the next day it was so sudden she was perfect everyother way and so unexpected. this is killing me it was our first child and so wanted her and so excited. i have been trying for a baby since and my periods are all over the place now wheres they were every month i could time them before and became pregant very quickly on taylor. i hate this every month nothing happening because i sooo want it as you said it is not to replace taylor but it might make it a little bit easyier. so sorry for your loss here when ever you want to talk
i firat wannasay im truly sorry to hear about your losses!
im 21 and ive had 3 miscarriges. and the doctor gave to a hormone and it helpd me finally carry my child. hes 8 weeks old and the best thing thats ever happend to me. so mayb ask your doctor about that n see if it helps!! i was on it for 16 weeks with complete bed rest