Maternal & Child Community
ttw impatience and open forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ttw impatience and open forum

Good Morning Ladies!!  The dreaded tww is driving me crazy.  So, I am on CD 22 and somewhere between 7-10 DPO.  I expect AF somewhere between 8/21 & 8/23.  This is a total guess b/c I had a D&C on 6/27, got my first AF 7/26.  I had 26 day cycles before the d & c and now I don't know what to expect.  Heres my ?...... I did an hpt this morning b/c I just happened to have one lying around. LOL, I've got a million of them.  I got a BGN!!  BOO!  Do y'all think I did it too soon?  I am having some symptoms, BUT I convince myself I am pg every month. =)   UGH!  I hate this.  Anyone else out there with me?
yes, I would say its too early. I do the exact same thing every month, its obsessive, crazy and I am soooo tired of it-lol! But I convince myself every month that I am pregnant and then i am not and I get depressed. Good luck to you and yes I would take a test in maybe 3-4 days (if you can hold out).
BABY DUST TO YOU!!!!!!!
hey girl! one day i tested at 5 dpo!!! LOL big dummy me. I guess it's the most difficult part....the 2ww!, im still in the easy part....waiting to O. It should be coming this weekend on thru next week. I'll start BD every other day starting tonight, i also started tracking my BBT to see if i O at all! i know last month (after DNC 07/03 i tracked my O with OPK but didin't get pg......) so we'll see!
Good luck to you!
brynn:  I just read your post below.  I'm sorry.  Don't the doctors drive you crazy?  They always seem unconcerned.  They say wait and see, maybe your just having an irregular cycle.  I love my doc but sometimes they can be as frustrating as the tww. Also, I agree with harley-girl, if your dh has a low sperm count, maybe it is time you seek a specialist.  Very sticky baby dust to you.

vsentz:  hey girl!! are your parents still in town?  I fell down on the floor laughing when I read that your mom was preggers!!  You are so funny.  My dh has threatend to hide my hpts.  LOL.  It has become the running joke.  He asks me all the time "so, are you pg today?"  It'll happen soon for us!  Big Hugs to you!!

I'm gonna do my best to hold out and not test again until maybe monday!  Wish me luck. ( For a BFP and that I can hold out that long =P
Hi TWW'ers,
it is so nice to see others posting in this horrible to nearly drive you nuts kind of time. I am now 2dpo and have to sit it out another 12 days and I too am one of those who test at 8dpo and get really depressed when I see the BFN......I am so fed up that I have said if it does not happen this month that IS IT! I am going around with nothing else on my mind can bearly get anything done and am constantly running to the loo.....Jesus, I mean how desperate.......I feel like an idiot. Every mother I see I end up counting her kids and when she has more that one I feel really jealous......Is there anyone else out there like that?????? I doubt it.......Thanks for letting me vent....
Not in good form today......
You ladies are the best I don't know what I'd do without this site.
the tww is probably the hardest part of this whole ttc thing. the meds, the u/s, blood tests, directions, needles - piece of cake compared to the agonizing over every darn "symptom" - blue veins, nausea, sore breasts, yucky taste in mouth, dullness in stomach, cramps, the list goes on and on. every month we could write a book on new symptoms that "popped" up and at what dpo it came at too. i'm also in the lovely 2WW, but at this point next month i'm going to be jabbing myself with needles for ivf (that is if this 2WW doesn't end with positive results!!). well just wanted all of you to know we're not alone - we're in this wait together. so hopefully at the end of this long, draining tunnel they'll be a bright, bright light!! good luck!!
thanks - yeah i really do think it is a good idea to do, but i wouldn't know where to get started even. the last book i wrote was in third grade with my best friend - we were co-authors. :)
Ha Ha!  Call her up, tell her you've got another joint project in the works =-)
i would :) but she just got married - i don't want to scare her about our ttc woes. i only wish her the easiest time G-d Willing and everything should be smooth for her.
I asked this question on a different website and I thought I would ask here. I stopped my BC pill over 2 weeks ago, right after my period, the past few days I amd VERY VERY irritable, my boobs are very sore and sometimes I am sick to my stomach. So my question is could this be from stopping the pill or what? The answer I got in the other place said that alot of women get pregnant right after they stop the pill if they have sex. Anyboby agree or have this happen? Me and my DH have had sex but used the pull out method, but he just informed me he had alot of precum and didn't wipe before hand. I know it is a bit early for symptoms that is why I thought it could be from stopping the pill. Any advice would be great.
Tiffany
I had pretty similar symptoms after I stopped the pill and took about 5-6 months for my cycles to get regulated and for me to feel better.
Oh my God it is happening again. I haven't even made it to go to the doctor and I spotted just a few min ago.  I don't even know how far along I am I tested postive on the 10th and now blood - I can't go through this again.  Why would God do this to me.  I have no idea what to do.  It has to be something I am doing.  Why.
Someonw explain to me why God would do this?
pmom,
The only way to tell is to take a test when your period is due, or better yet, late.
All your other symptoms could simply mean AF is on the way, or they could mean early pregnancy.  You have to test to find out.
Did any of you watch Dr. Drew last night on the Discovery Health channel?? It was titled from Conception to Birth and I actually thought of you gals.
A specialist in infertlity was on and said that sperm replenish's themselves every 90 days and that if a batch is bad for whatever reason such as smoking, got overheated, too much alcohol etc than conception is impossible for the next 3 months.
He also said that although there are some very fetrtile days each month there is only an 18 hour window where conception can occur so you had better have some sperm waiting.

I am sure it will be repeated if any of you want to watch out for it.
I saw that he has a new show. I wish I had seen it- Dr. Drew has that intellectually hot aura. :)
Ohhhhh, I agree. Remember when he had a late night sex show on MTV? I had the biggest crush on him. Yummy!!!! Like a college professor that you want to jump.

He also is the father of triplets. Yikes talk about some good genes. :)
kamiyama:  nope, you are definitely not alone.  I am jealous of every single pg woman I see.  Maybe this will be our month.  I'm gonna try not to test again til monday.  HA! I wonder if I can wait that long =)

berko:  I remember your post a while back about a tww book.  You crack me up!  I have been trying to think of titles ever since.  Seriously though, it isn't a bad idea.  It could be like a hard copy of the website. twoweekwait.com.  Full of anecdotes from other tww victims.  

Baby dust to us all
LOL....that was funny about your hubby! =P, i know what you are feeling! I bought like 25 of the cheapies on the internet and can test any time I want!...lol, eventhough i keep getting the BF'ingN's every time!!!!
Yes, my dp (dear parents??) are in town till the very end of Sept. so I still get to enjoy them a good while! just to have them around makes such a difference! it's been my therapy to get thru this rough times.
Yeah, my mom is probably having some psychological pregnancy right now, and all she does is eat! lol, and of course she cooks awesome so...we all eat with her!, i've gained more right now that i am not pg than when i was! just to have her around....
Patience dust to you dear and chin up.....this journey is about to start!!!!
Girls,
I will be crossing everything I have with the hope that you get a BFP......I too hope that this is out month, I know I can not take it much longer......I am giving up.
Keep us informed I will be looking for your BFP on Sunday, and at some stage the new BFP roll call and I hope we are all on it together.

Have a nice morning /day what ever in europe it is now heading into the evening.
I hope everything goes OK for you!  I'm thinking of you!
Nurse said maybe false negive or postives.  She said maybe very early m/c, so I will do blood work tomarrow.  Pray for me.  If I am not preg.  I am going to take two monthes off of ttc and let my body get ready to ttc again.
this is a bit extreme, but if you have insurance, you could always go to the ER. Tell them you've gotten many positive tests, you just another and it's now negative, you're starting to bleed, and add in any cramping you've been having. At least that way you'll know once and for all, and you'll only have to wait a couple hours to get the results, depending upon how busy they are. Hey, my OB didn't hesitate to tell me to go to the ER during my rough times. I did, and eventually got answers.
Sweetie!!! I am so sorry this is happening to you!!!! I would go to the ER! Please keep us posted!!! =( (worried about you)

I also want to vent a little bit.......I received a phone call a couple of minutes ago from a friend of the family. He is an older guy who lives down in Mex. so we don't get to see him that often. I call him once a month just to say hi and haven't called him in a while since my m/c.....of course he was mega excited about me and when i answered my phone, first thing i hear is "How's the baby going?? tell me!".....so of course i tell him what happened.....and here i am trying to explain him......when i get interrupted "what did you do??" "you did not take care of yourself properly??"
Well, needless to say.....I feel like **** now. Eventhough i know it was a freaking blighted ovum, nothing i did......this is not the first time i get blamed for what "i did" to lose my baby......isn't it enough the pain i am feeling right now??? to add on top all the dealing with insensitive people that are "good friends" and maybe they are completely ignorant to the subject....but man! come on!!! do you think that if "i did" something wrong...and i would say yeah, i did this and this and that......it would help right now anyway????
So sad....=(
monsterzero- it's an open forum, so you can post something new if you'd like.

Andi- Thanks! I've gotta hold on to that to keep from getting too down sometimes.
Some people just do not have a clue and give no thought to what they say and how it will affect someones feelings.
You know that you did nothing wrong and that is all that matters.
Cheer up!!!
calm down!!! call your dr., get in to see him right away to ease your fears. tell him you're very nervous especially since m/c before. call you bf - tell him about the pregnancy and tell him to come pick you up to bring you to dr. and keep your feet up in the meantime - lie down. it's nothing you are or aren't doing. please don't freak out yet - it really could be nothing. i know it's hard to believe this when you're bleeding and especially since you've m/c before - i know from experience. but please try to stay calm. just try to relax in the meanttime and get to the dr. as soon as you can -more to calm yourself than anything else - there's probably not much they can do, but better to see them than not. thinking of you and let me know how you're doing.
Ok now I am confused.  Went to the Wal-Mart got a cheap test and it is negtive.  Could I have m/c in July also.  I had what I thought was my af for seven days.  What is going on.
I took 4 hpt tests 10 and 11 all postive - this one negtive  what is going on.
It is so odd.  I clamed myself, went to the store as I said above and got a test.  It is a BFN after the four I took on Friday and Saturday, I did a digtial.  What is going on?  This is so odd.  I am not sure what to think of it.  When I got af in July, it was supper heavy and I passed clots, but I took a hpt before my period and it was negtive.  I am so confused.
I posted to you on the other thread as well. But at this point you really need to have a blood preg test done to see if you were pregnant and/or if the levels are decreasing/increasing.
Thank you hon!, i definetely think they do it not to hurt my feelings but because they are "ignorant" to the subject. I will just let it go and take it as it is.
Kisses and hugs!
kris123: please get to the dr. right away (or emergency room) to see what's going on. i'm so sorry you're going through this. thinking of you.

vsentz: YOU DID NOTHING, I REPEAT NOTHING WRONG!!! don't even give it anymore thought. 2 things to keep in mind about this friend of yours: 1) He's male and 2) oh, he's male. that's about all you need to know. but all kidding aside he probably just doesn't understand what m/c actually is and has no clue that it has nothing to do with you (and even if it did he still shouldn't say anything like he did and again i go back to numbers 1 and 2) also in different countries they have different outlooks and ways to go about things. so maybe where he's from a pregnant woman sits on her tuchas all day and if she moves a muscle and a m/c occurs they have something or someone to blame it on. i'm not saying this is the way it is there, but could be. or he really just doesn't know anything about this and like i've said and can't say enough he's male. please don't think about it anymore. i'd say your ideas of what to say to him are pretty good - about going through the list of "everything you did wrong", but you may be wasting your wits - he really just may not get it - i bet you can't guess why. thinking of you.
Ok, I am going to doc tomarrow - don't have the money to go to ER.  This may be my af and I got false postives.  It is red blood and it is just like my af.  The nurse said it could be an early m/c.  If that is the case then I am only 3-4w anyway.  I am calm now and will relax.  I am doing blood work tomarrow.  There is no need for me to go to er because if I am m/cing then there is nothing I can do anyway.  I spend over $400.00 in Er visits for the last m/c in June.
God will give me a child when He is ready.
Could...I post something here? It's kindof long...but I'd like someone to talk to I guess?
I think that is perhaps the most profound piece of advice given on here, very well said.

Andi

Andi
that's the positive way to look at it - good for you. thinking of you and keep us posted.
I did see that show last night! That was so crazy about the 90 day thing! I hope our recent vacation with a good amount of wine tasting didn't screw anything up! I also thought of everyone here TTC. 18 hours??? It's a wonder anyone gets pregnant! Did Jenny McCarthy's labor story scare you? She's kind of a nut!
Your last comment was right on the money. Just because it's our plan, doesn't mean it's His. After 5 years of marriage, nearly two years of TTC, one m/c, and one ectopic, I often have to remind myself of that. I know this is a difficult time for you, but hold on to your faith and stay strong.
Sounds like a good perspective to keep. You have been so patient and gone through so much, I honestly do pray for you often and know that things will work out.

Andi
I am sorry to jump in here, but I hoping that someone might know something. At one time I was able to find huge lots of Individually wrapped Huggies diapers on ebay, usually part of sample packs either given out at the supermarket or mailed. I have no idea where people would get the huge lots that they had, but I would love to either find someone who has some or someone who knows how to get the big lots of them. I will use them for myself when the baby comes, plus I like to put a few in gift baskets that I make for friends that are pregnant. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!
I went to a clinic like everyone said and got a test. ( Dur it said negative, but it's only been 10 days. I guess I feel a little better for now, though.)

Actually I would feel better if the volunteer non-professional counselor lady wasn't so....blunt and slightly critisizing.

I understand they want to scare you out of sex ( Fine with me, I'm never doing it again until I'm married >.> ) But she was downright....I don't know, kinda mean. She goes

"There's a definate possibility of you being pregnant, because your body could have regulated once..." Which is why I'm worried, to be honest. I did some figuring, there's at most a 10% chance it decided to. I don't even like those odds ( Math geek ) but it's better than most. Then she goes...

"Precum definately can get you pregnant, even from what you're telling me happened. There's definately a chance." I know there's a chance....which is why I was there. I asked " Well I thought there really isn't large amounts of sperm in precum if a man hasn't previously ejaculated-" then she cut me off " WELL I don't know about precum, I'm just telling you the facts that I do know."

So I was getting frustrated (and upset, I started crieing. She didn't care o.o ) by the time she started telling me how to plan for my unborn baby's future (even though the test was negative. I understand telling me my options...but she really made it seem like I was 100% pregnant, lol. Using words like ' when you have this baby' instead of 'if you have...'. She also kept reminding me (probably 6 times) that the test was probably invalid compared to in a few weeks, and how chances are it'd come back positive even if it was negative for now. I understand the need to tell me this, too...but geeze...I'm already in tears, be nice about it...

I don't know, it was a horrible experience. I'd ask her questions and she'd just sit and look at me funny until I said "Nevermind." It's like she only wanted me to know what she wanted to tell me, and none of it was the information I was looking for. It actually made me more paranoid, LOL! I feel okay, though. I'm beginning to realize that it'd be truley insane if I was pregnant....but even if so...there's not really anything I can do about it.

Hah, did I mention how when she asked " How would you feel if you were pregnant?" and I said "Terrified...and hopeless...", that she decided to nod her head and go " Oh. "

Annnnnd that's it, other than jotting down TERRIFIED/HOPELESS on a sheet of paper.

*sigh* some people need more social skills.

And thanks Harley for all your help. I might go back next week and get another test (later in the week) if it comes back negative I'd be happy.

PS I know I posted this on my question, but it's way far down the list, so I figured I'd post here?
Today is going to be a bit better for me.  I got to work early, so I could post something on the website.  I do believe that I got my af yesterday.  Maybe the postives I got over the weekend were wrong.  Is it possible that I could have been ovulating and they were postive?  That may be a stupid question, it was just a thought.  I am passing clots, hate to spell it out - sorry.  My last af in July was heavy as well.  I have always had heavy periods.  I have a thiorid (sp) condtion as well, not sure if this effects ttc.  I also take a med. for being bi-polor.  So I will discuss this with my doctor to see if this is effecting my chances of ttc.  I was made at God yesterday, but for some reason He has not choosen to give me a child, but I know the the baby I lost in June, I will see again.  I think I will go get blood work done today anyway, just to make sure hcg is going down. Thanks to all who have been there for me.  Good luck to everyone ttc :-)
Just wondering if anyone has bleed heavy, passed clots, and still go to term?
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this emotional turmoil again.  It is almost unbearable to get so excited over a new life and to have those hopes dashed.  Sweetie, to your question about passing clots and going on to have a healthy baby...I am sure it has happened. As you know, during my pregnancy, I was bleeding and passing very large clots but there was something terribly wrong with my baby. In my opinion, light spotting happens pretty frequently to alot of women who go onto have healthy term babies, but if you have this kind of bleed and are pregnant, the chances are pretty high that mother nature knows there is an abnormality and is trying to m/c.  I hope you can find some peace hun.  Good luck to you and baby dust.
Jenny McCarthy cracks me up but yea I kinda cringed when she was talking about having her baby. :) DH was totally freaked thinking I might go through all that.
Hi girls!!!
Kris, I am so sorry you got to go thru this, it is sooooo stinking frightening and dissapointing, I hear ya!!!, but you know you are not alone sweetie, you are not, you have wonderful people around you, your hb and family and us here that support you thru this rough times. It is very difficult to understand God's plan, i can't at times, but there will be a day that you will be holding in your arms a little baby resembling your features, looking straight up at your eyes and you will sigh and think back and say "all of that i went thru was worth it"! He puts in our paths some stones and we have to chose whether to pick the up, throw them out of the way or kick them (and it might hurt your foot....), or even trip over with them......but it's our choice and it's all for learning and spiritual growth.
You are in my prayers hon.

Berko, thank you dear for your loving words.....you cracked me up though with your "men" comments!!! that is soooo true!!! I think he comes from a small town near the city, he might have some miths and beliefs that are not very updated.....so that's why i understand. He tends to be raw sometimes though, he would be the kind that would tell me "oh, look at your arms...you are starting to gain weight aren't ya?" and stuff like that.....
But that's he's personality and he can be very loving also, so i understood. I vented with my mommy and she helped me feel a lot better, plus ....we were shopping...so, that also helped...=)
Huggs and kisses!!!