Maternal & Child Community
tubes tied,endometrial ablation, HELP i want another baby , what can i ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

tubes tied,endometrial ablation, HELP i want another baby , what can i do?

I am 30 years old and have two beautiful daughters 8 and 6. I went through a horrible marriage and had decided to have my tubes tied a year after my second child was born. In Jan 2006 i had an endometrial ablation done. Now what are my options, risks and chances of having another baby. i am desperate and really want a new baby with my fiance and he also wants one of our own. I feel that there is no hope but there has to be something i can do. PLEASE HELP ME.
I don't think you will find an ethical doctor who will do a tubal reversal on someone who has had an ablation and who wants to become pregnant.  Not only would you likely be infertile anyway from the ablation, but if you did conceive, both your life and the baby's life would be in extreme danger.  

You should look into adoption if you truly want another child.
A possibility to discuss with your fiance is for you to provide the eggs and him to provide the sperm, and to have a surrogate carry the baby.  It is costly (I was once told by a lawyer it cost $20,000) but it would be your baby by him.
My mother is 40 yrs old and had her tubes tied after she had my younger sister who is now 21. after she separated from my father in 1996 she remarried in 1997 and regreted tying her tubes. So they looked all over Texas to see if she could get a reversal and she couldn't. It cost wayy too much and the doctor wasn't 100% sure that she would even get pregnant.
Well- she went to a very well known ob/gyn her in my city suggested that Invitro Fertilization would probably be the best chances of them getting pregnant, but that they might end with multiples. So he referred her to a specialist in Houston.
When she was 34 she successfully got pregnant after the 1st try and had triplets at 35!!! Now they're 5 years old and the light of our family... including all the children that my sisters and I are having right now- LOL!
So see there is a way to get pregnant. It might not happen as soon as you want it to, but if you're patient God could be on your side.
By the way- I think she said it cost them about 10k- and they were doing payments but I'm pretty sure they paid it all off by now.
*Hope this helps!*