Maternal & Child Community
two teeth at once
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

two teeth at once

hi, Evy is 4 months now...and Monday she cut her first tooth!  She has been working on it for about 3 weeks, I would check everyday, but finally it came through...but I had a suprise...both bottom teeth were there!  is this normal?  Amelia, our other daughter, who is 10 now, didn't get the first tooth until 13 months...late I know...but there has to be a happy medium.
Related Discussions
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4 months is definitely on the early side and 13 months is very late. My older DD cut her first tooth at 5 months and she got a new one every week until she was 6.5 months and had 6 teeth. There's absolutely nothing wrong with your DD and in the long run she'll likely get the unpleasantry of teething over with sooner.
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
Wow, do they just show up over night? My dd in 6mo today. I swear she's teething like crazy. I keep checking but there's nothing there....
Blank
182352_tn?1231187010
my ds got 2 teeth at once also. this was at 6 months old. i also did not expect to see 2 but they were there.
Blank
DD is 6 months and teething like crazy but...no pearly whites yet :(:(
Blank
174483_tn?1327629077
my dd is 12 months and has 6 teeth, she got her first set at i think 9 months, but all 6 came in pairs, first it was bottom two, then top two, then side two, i guess shes lucky she didnt have to go through separate teething for all of them!
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Was just reading about teething today in my advice book, and the first thing it said is that teeth often come in pairs.
Blank
hi , its normal ! all kids are diffrent. son got all his teeth by 12 mths fangs first and together too , looked like a vampire !  but his always came in 2s but my girl only 1 at a time and a long time inbetween , she is 3 in may and still has no fangs !!!! lol
Blank
147172_tn?1226761778
My DD has her 2 bottoms and she's just about 7 months.  She got them about 3 weeks ago.  One day one came in and the next the other.  She's been actively teething from 3 months though and what a horror show it's been.  I'm just glad that they finally cut through.
Blank
out of my 5 kids, 2 of them got more teeth than that at once.  The other kids all got a tooth, than a couple days to a week later got another one.  I'd say anything really goes with teething!

My one daughter got her first 2 within a week of each other, than for 10 more months did not get any!  but when they finally came they came with a vengence! 6 at once!  Now she is 8 yrs old and losing teeth, and they seem to be falling out the same way they came in! (Poor girl)

My last baby, Isaiah, just had 5 teeth coming in, 4 came in together (molars), and the other one came a few days later.  Talk about sleepless nights!

Dont worry, your DD is normal, and so was your other child.

Take care;0)
Blank
159354_tn?1286371288
My little girl got 2 teeth at once each time....she had 8 teeth by 6 months.

Everything seems fine....all her teeth seemed to come in quick and nicely.....only the 2 yr molars gave her screaming fits.
Blank
183690_tn?1189759432
thank you sooooooo much for all the help!  sometimes it is easier to hear it from another mom, than read it from a book!
Blank
Every child gets their teeth at different times...

My DS, he cut two teeth at once at 3 months, I stopped breast feeding at that time because he would bite me.  He continued getting teeth about every month... he had all his teeth by the time he was 9 months old, well, not including his 2 year molars.  Seriously, because he had all his teeth so early, he was able to eat solid food earlier too.  He had a hamburger when he was 10 months old. LOL.  

Sad thing is with teething early, they will loose those baby teeth early too and get their permenant teeth sooner, which in turn, they can get more cavities.  He's 7 now, and we've had our share of cavities, but overall, he has nice strong good teeth.  

My DD was different, she didn't get teeth until 6 months, and she only cut one tooth at that time.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...