Maternal & Child Community
u/s---it's a

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

u/s---it's a

Hi All!

Well we went yesterday (hubby & I) to the u/s....it was a high level one as they were pushing the amnio as well.

Well it turns out we are having a GIRL!!!  We had them put it in an envelope, but that lasted 3 hours til we ripped it open.

We were watching our taped u/s on tv when we got home and trying to figure it out....that's when we just HAD to open it....hubby kept asking for a boy, but got a little cutie girl instead.

He's happy of course, but told me I have to have one more after this one....hmmmm...we'll think about that one!

My 4 y.o.dd had no idea and we took her out to a restaurant w/video camera...I asked her if she noticed Mommy's tummy getting bigger, she said yes....we told her a baby was in there!  She was soooooooooo excited...I asked her if she wanted a brother or sister...she said sister and her Papa told her she is having a sister!  She was just laughing and all goofy and happy as can be...she said she would share her room and put a cute little crib in there!

So it all worked out nicely.

We did not get the amnio...hubby is totally against it....the u/s showed a perfect little baby and that increased our odds of a healthy baby...so we were fine with those odds.

All is great!
Now I don't  have to get rid of my daughters "new unworn" clothes in her closet....

JT
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, little girls are sooo sweet!
Congrats!  I'll write this again because MedHelp ate my post!  Yesterday was  a good day all around wasn't it?  I got surprised and found out the sex when they did the u/s to check my cervix.  I got my little boy!  My dd is excited and wanted to go buy him clothes today and she tried to buy him some pink lacey shoes!  Gotta love 3 year olds!  I'm glad everything is pointing towards a healthy baby.  Just put it in Gods hands and everything will be alright.
congrats.
Congrats!
I am so glad to hear that your daughter is going to have a sister!!!
Glad to hear that everything looks normal.  My u/s is tomorrow morning, and I'm so scared that I could hear something 'bad'.  Congrats!!!!!
Wonderful news & congratulations!  Don't forget to let us know when you decide on a name! :-)
that's wonderful i have two girls and soon to be two boys  don't tell my boys but girls are essayer congrats again on having a little girl
How nice for you and your family.  I'm glad things are going well!  Now hopefully you can relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.  We're half-way there!  (Hopefully!)