Maternal & Child Community
ultrasound at 5 weeks - no sac - no nothing?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello everyone, I have been reading all your posts since I returned this afternoon from my OB doc appt.  I hope that someone can help...as you've answered so many questions for so many other ladies...I m/c last February - I am now preg.  I went in to see my OB doc today - they wanted to see me early on because of the m/c.  He did a vaginal u/s and the only thing he found was a cyst on my right ovary.  Nothing in my tubes and/or my uterus.  He didn't see the sac.  He said for me not to worry because I am just 5 weeks and a lot can happen in a few days and/or another week.  However, I am really worried that this pregnancy won't take...??  The funny thing is - I feel pregnant, have some breast tenderness, gas, indigestion, frequent urination, etc.  I didn't feel this way when I miscarried this past year.  I hope that someone can put my nerves to ease.  Thanks in advance.  Oh, they did my blood work up today along with my hcgs and I will go back on Wednesday (1st) for another level check.
I told the dr i didnt want a sono doen so early even though i have had 3 other mc. because not seeing anything on the screen would just upset me and make me worry. (worst thing you can do) So she just set me up for anoter appointmet after getting the thousands of papers about being prego. So at 8  weeks i want to say i went in and they did the vigina (vagina) one(sp?) and we seen this little swimmer just swimming around in there. so much she almost couldnt get a good enough picture for my records. she finily did then went to get me one to take home and the little nut just turned around. so all it looks like is a dot. but now i am 15weeks today with the help of progesterone pills and now today starting the shot.
SOO dont worry a lot can develope in just a week or two. Best of luck.
5 wks. is still tooo early.You will be o.k stop stressing a week is alot in preg.time A mon. is more.sticky baby dust..nanis
yes it's way early...in fact you may only be around 4.5 weeks depending on ovulation, in which case the embryo may not have planted yet or is in the process of doing so. I hope you are gong back in a couple of weeks to have another u/s done?
I agree with everyone else.  Relax, wait a couple of weeks.  And now that women all over the world are sending prayers for a healthy baby to you!!

Oh and make sure you keep us posted!!
Yes. The dr is right...you are way to early to see something...it can change over night this early...give it 2 weeks and I bet you'll see your little peanut on the screen.
As everyone else said  5 weeks is just really too early.  Sometimes you do see something at 5 weeks, but a lot of times you don't.  I had an US at 6 weeks and they saw nothing.  At 8 weeks we saw a beautiful heartbeat.  Though, I only measured 6 weeks at that point.  There was no way that my dates were off, though.  My baby just didn't grow how she was supposed to during the whole first trimester, though you didn't ask about that so I won't go into detail.

It's nice that your doctor wants to take good care of you, but 5 weeks is too early and really causes more worry than relief.  I'd wait two weeks before having another US.  You will most likely see the heartbeat then, and maybe even your little one wiggling around.
Thank you all for responding and putting my mind at ease.  I remember with my first child, the doctor didn't even want to see me until I was about 10 weeks along.  Now w/ having the m/c and it being a different doctor - I suppose that he is being overly cautious?  I tried to stay positive yesterday but as the day passed - all kinds of "crazy" thoughts were taking over.  I appreciate all your responses.  Have a wonderful day to all!!
WOW.... I got by period on 9/20/06 and was inseminated on 9/30 and 10/1 which would make be 6 weeks 11/1.  I had a m/c prior so am being watch.  My levels went from 35,135,111,161,360 and the last one on 10/30 was 860.  My doctor sent me for an ultra sound and nothing was found last thursday.  They thought it was an etopic pregency.  I went for 3 hd ultra sounds and the last one they told me the sac was barley visable.  I am going in for a dnc this week 11/2 since my doctor said that it's not a viable pregency.  I worried now that it's too early but I am sure of my days since my doctor followed my ovulation process... I'm so stressed and I'm not sure I need a dnc or should I wait?
girl im soooo gald i googled this site........im 5 wks and they did a us and didnt find nething the dr told me not to worry but this is my first time getting preggo so im like sooooooo scared and nervous, they told me it's tooo early but i just hope someone outs my mind at ease
I went to the Dr. today and had an u/s. I calculate that I shoud be 5w3d. They didn't see anything, no sac, nothing. They did see something on my ovary though. I know when I conceived. We are waiting for my hcg results. The Dr. thinks this might be an ectopic pregnancy. I had the same thing happen with my last pregnancy too. I was only about 4 weeks at my 1st u/s, then my 2nd i was about 5 1/2 and they saw a sac. At 6 1/2 weeks we saw a heartbeat. My baby was born perfect. The reason I am so worried is because the Dr. said at 5w3d they should at least see a sac. Is it possible to not see ANYTHING at 5w3d?
Boy, I am so scared too!  I found our way early that I was pregnant.  I had just had a period about 12 days before I found out.  Anyways, my hcg levels kept rising.  I had lower abdominal pain (due to constipation) and ended up in the ER.  They did an ultrasound and hcg level and my level was a 3600 and 3weeks 5 days.  The ultrasound showed no sac.  They said that a vaginal ultra sound should show something at 3600hcg.  I have been getting my hcg levels...which are still rising.  I feel pregnant ( the whole morning sickness and aches) and had another ultrasound done three days later with hcg levels being 6200 and still no sac.  They were concerned too of an ectopic but found nothing anywhere.  The doctors are very confused and so am I.  I have had four other children and have never had this problem.  I am supposed to go today for more blood work and tomorrow to see the doctor.  But I have no bleeding ,no pain, and I feel pregnant, my hcg levels keep rising, but as of now there is no sac and I am about 4 weeks pregnant.  I am so worried but I am leaving it in Gods hands.
Well, first of all I'm happy to have bumped into this site. I recently found out i was pregnant on the 8 th of feb. {this month} a week later on the 14 th at work i began to spot. I went to the ER by that time i had already begun to bleed... an ultra sound was done and confirmed that I was still pregnant but very early. Exactly 5 weeks. There was a sac and a spec.No blood work was done and I have a follow up appt. next week to check my hcg level. Now, yesterday I decided to take a preg. test and both are negative. I am confused sad and very anxious to find out my status... I dont feel pregnant anymore....
my doctor couldnt see anythign at 6 weeks . but at 7 and a half weeks she did. its early
MY DOCTOR DID SAY THAT ITS PERFECTLY NORMAL TO NOT SEE ANYTHING UNTIL 7-8 WEEKS. IN FACT SHE SAID YOU WONT SEE ANYTHIGN UNTIL THEN.
I too just got back from the doctor...I am at 6 weeks 2 days and she only saw a sac and no heartbeat. She thought she should have seen something. (By the way, it was a Vaginal U/S.) She told me to come back next week for another BUT she did not sound optimistic.  Do you know if your doctor meant an abdominal u/s or vaginal u/s?  

I would love to have hope.

Thanks!

I too am so happy to have found this site.  I can relate to so many of your stories.  I have had 3 years of ups and downs with three pregnancies not working out. But  luckily, last year I gave birth to a beatiful baby girl.  On her birthday, yesterday, I went to the dr. after getting another positive pregnancy test.  They caluclated that I was 5 wks and 3 days pregnant.  Nervous, I sat waiting for my v/us and my dr saw nothing.  No sac, no baby, nothing.  Heartbroken but hopeful, I left with a ton of perscriptions for blood work and an appointment for next week.  Just like you, I was told it's too early to see anything.  I'm trying to stay positive but it is hard.  My repeat u/s is Thursday 7 grueling days away.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as we both stress.  All the best.
im 5 weeks pregnant i went for a scan on friday doctor could not see nothing only some fluid have i m/c or is it too early im sccared because i had an ectopic at 13 weeks had my left tube removed please help x x
I am 6w3d pregnant.  Went for 1st vaginal u/s this morning.  He saw nothing at all.  He did mention there was some fluid.  He mentioned a possible ectopic pregnancy.  
They just called and said my HCG numbers went up to where they should be so he wants me to come back for another u/s in two days to make sure he didn't make a mistake.  

I think that 5 weeks is way too early to tell anything.  I think I went to early too.  Since I had a m/c a few months ago he is being very careful.  Both our doctors probably mean well, but I think this just causes us to worry more when there may be nothing to worry about.

I hope that both of ours turn out for the best!

P.S.  I'm scared too :(
had my hcg levels done dc said they where normal got a scan booked for sat so i hope every thing turns out ok i hope your scan goes ok two keep me posted let me no how it goes x
Just got back from the doctor.  He still didn't see anything.  I called two other doctors to get their opinion on getting the methotrexate shot.  They said I should go ahead with it.  I am waiting to get my bloodwork back and then I will get the shot.  
I guess we will try our 3rd IUI in a few months.
I have my fingers crossed for you.  Keep me updated.  

P.S.  Not sure what your HCG numbers are, but I talked to two doctors today which said that no matter how far along you are they should see something in the uterus when your HCG is at least 1,500.  Mine was 3,700 so that clued me in.
IM REALLY VERY SORRY  ABOUT THAT I REALY DO FEEL FOR U I THINK THATS WHY THAY DID NOT SEE ANYTHING MY HCG WAS ONLY 900 AT THE TIME. GOT A SCAN BOOKED FOR SAT MORNING WILL LET YOU NO HOW IT GOES LET ME NO HOW YOUR METO SHOT GOES ARE YOU IN ANY PAIN DID DR SAY IT WAS ECTOPIC I AM VERY SORRY X X X XX
I didn't make it to do the shot.  I ended up having emergency surgery.  He saved my tube, but there is damage.  
I am very very sore and am just now able to deal with the emotional part.  How did you cope?

I do wish you the best for Saturday.  Let me know what you find out.
im gonna be honest i did not take it very well all i did was cry and ask why me at the time my daughter was only 10 month old and i could not pick her up or even look at her it was the hardest thing iv ever had to get through but i managed because i new that i could all ways try again and i had to be strong for the sake of my kids im so sorry for what your going through i no excectly how you fell you are in my prayer x x
I had a m/c 6mths ago, i was 2 wks late so i took a pregnancy test it was + later i started to bleed brownish, blackish blood dr say old blood, i stop bleeding completly but stomach pain on my left lower side had a u/s both vaginal ststed he did not see anything nothing at all but i still feel pregnant had blood test stated - i want this to be wrong and that i am pregnant but should i move on and how long should i wait if i m/c please help
hi just got back from my scan every thing seems to be ok baby is in the right place could see every thing im 7 weeks only problem is that iv got a bleed around the baby so got to go back in a week to see if the blood has gone down or increased how you feeling today get back to me jenni x x x
I have a scary situation... I believe I am in the middle of a miscarriage. I am almost 6 weeks along, but I started bleeding about 4 days ago (heavy w/clots at times). I had a vaginal ultrasound, and they couldn't find anything...nothing that indicates pregnancy. So far, my hcg levels seem low to the doctor, and I am waiting for results from more bloodwork. My pelvic exam showed my cervix was closed. They diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage. Another said possible early miscarriage. I am prepared to hear that I am miscarrying, but it seems really strange that there is nothing on the ultrasound, I have really low hcg levels, and I am still bleeding. If I am bleeding, when will I know if the miscarriage is over and everything has passed naturally? Can anyone help?
HI WHEN I HAD MY SCAN AT 6 WEEKS THEY COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING NO SAC NO NOTHING ARE U IN ANY PAIN HAVE  U HAD ANY BIG BLOOD CLOTS HAVE U GOT PAINS IN YOUR LOWER BACK WHAT WAS YOUR HCG AT WHEN YOU HAD THEM DONE U MIGHT NOT BE MISSCARRYING I BLEED AT THE BEGIN OF MY PREGNANCY BUT EVERY THING IS OK NOW HANG IN THERE
No, I'm not in any pain. I had what felt like period cramping the very first day I started to bleed, then it went away. I continued to bleed for 5 days now, and I think it's stopping today. It started light and red, then dark with small to medium clots, then brownish today. I don't think I passed anything large (maybe one the size of a nickel). I go in tomorrow for more hcg testing, but at 5 1/2 weeks, they were about 150. I think I'm six weeks along now. I don't have more numbers to compare them to just yet, but I will in two days. So right now, I am bleeding very lightly, with no pain, and have no idea what to think. I am expecting that I am miscarrying, due to 5 days of bleeding, but I don't know for sure. Since my cervix was closed 3 days ago, and the bleeding isn't getting worse, either I already miscarried last week, or I will miscarry later on. Just not sure what to expect.
HANG IN THERE IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE YPU HAVE MISSCARRIED I AS I SAID I BLED AT THE BEGINING THEN WHEN I HAD MY SECOND SCAN THEY SAID I HAD A BLEED AROUND THE BABY BUT WITH MY FIRST SCAN THEY COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING AT FOUR WEEKS MY HSG WAS 156 THEN 2 DAYS LATER WAS 629 ITS DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOUR LEVELS ARE AS LONG AS THEY DOUBLE EVERY 2/3 DAYS IT COULD JUST BE AN INPLATATION BLEED U COULD BE ONLY 4 TO 5 WEEKS THAT WHY THGEY DID NOT SEE ANYTHING I HOPE THIS HELPS X
Thank you very much for your help. I am waiting for my blood test results tomorrow. I know the levels started very low, so we'll see what happens. Thanx again.
Thank you one more time for your advice. Just called the doc, and my hcg levels are going down. They started low, and they are getting lower. At least it's not ectopic, which they told me was a possibility at first. Just thankful for that. Just happy that this is happening naturally, and hopefully it will not happen next time.
im so sorry you have to go throught that i hope it all works out next time x x
Hi Jenni,

I should be 6 weeks pregnant by the 12th of march. I started bleeding on march 9th (sunday) with strong menstrual-like cramps. I wen to the hospital and my HCG level was about 1400. The dr at the hospital found an empty sac. Is that normal at this stage ? I am going for another blood test tomorrow morning and on thursday afternoon for a visit to my OBGYN to see the result of blood test.

Just wondering, but could I still be pregnant, or is there really no hope because of the empty sac found on the 9th ? Could it be that on the 9th, it was too early to see a baby ???

Please help, any suggestions would reallly be appreciated !!!!

Rita xxxx
hi try not to worry when i had my scan at 5+6 they did not see anything not even the sac just some fluid when i went back a week later they could see the sac the yolk and fetal pole but no baby and blood round the sac your hcg has to be over 1600 to see a baby yes there a good chance you could still be pregnant just beause they saw an empty sac does not mean there is no baby dont let it get you down think positive happy thoughts let me no what happens jenni x x
hi, my name is Sonya.I took a pregnancy test Monday and found out i was pregnant.right before i took the test though i started spotting I've been cramping like a period for the past two weeks . I made a doc app. right away. I went in that day to confirm it and to see if everything was alright. The pregnancy test was positive again but by that time i was bleeding like a medium period,when i took my preg. test i past a clot, but i always do when I'm on my period, it scared me because i didn't think you suppose to bleed when your pregnant.also for your info I had sex two days before this happed i doubt that had anything to do with it though. i also have a long cycle of 35-40 days and my last period was January 10th.So i think I'm around 5-6 weeks.anyway the doc wanted to rule out simtanious abortion and wanted me to have a ultrasound that day. she told me to go to the er. i did and was there from 3:55pm - 12:00am waiting and doing tests. during this time they came and took blood for a hcg test and gave me alot of water to drink so they could get a good ultrasound.They took me to get the u/s done, they did both u/s, and they did not see anything no sac, no nothing.this was my first pregnancy so i didn't know what to expect.the doc finely came in and said my hcg was only 17 extremely bad and said i miscarried.I just broke, i cried what seemed like forever i just couldn't believe it was gone , I still have hope that it's still in there even though i know it's not very likely.we've tried for 2yrs 1month.I've almost stopped bleeding now only after 5 days, the cramps has pretty much stopped and my breasts are not sore anymore. I have a doctors app. April 1st and going to make them check again just to be sure.has anyone else went though something like this.could i still be pregnant and lost a twin even though my hcg was 17, may be thats how come it's low is because a twin being lost. CAN ANYONE HELP.                  
I'm sorry, I know you don't wan't to hear it, but hcg levels that low would probably mean the pregnancy is almost completely over. This is happening to me right now actually. I'm waiting for my hcg levels to get back to zero. I'm still testing positive, but I know that since my last blood tests, the levels are slowly dropping (down to about 117 now). I was about as far along as you were, and the u/s also showed no pregnancy by the time I started bleeding. That was the hardest part. Realizing I wasn't pregnant anymore when I thought I was. I also still wish there was a baby in there, but I know there can't be with such low levels. If you had a twin in there, then the levels would still be high for that other baby. The miscarriage probably happened fast (the cramping), and your levels are almost zero (should be in a few days). I too am upset that I lost my pregnancy, but chances are you're next one will be perfectly healthy. These are common, and they are usually natures way of dealing with a pregnancy that never started out healthy. Don't give up hope.
Thank you for your comments it still hurts but it helps knowing I'm not the only one thats going though this.Do you know when we could start trying again? I don't want to try to early when my body is not ready,as of right now my body feels fine but i know for a fact it's to early right now to try,but when.Someone told me that miscarriages are a way of your body getting ready for the real thing,preparing you.AlsoI was wondering if taking prenatal vitamins right now would help not to miscarry next time,or maybe eating more fruits and vegetables, someone told me orange juice has something in it that helps, and no caffeine.What do you think,do you know anything about this? Do you know anything else that might help to do or not to do.        
I'm actually pretty new to this myself. I'm about to take another pregnancy test to see if my levels have gotten down to zero yet. Hopefully this finishes naturally. You should be fine to start trying again after you get your first period. That way you will know how far along you are when it happens again. Don't try just yet. Soon though. My doctor thought it was a great idea to try again soon. After my miscarriage, I started taking a woman's vitamin (with Folic Acid) to get healthier for the next one. I'm not trying again yet, but I want to make sure my body is healthy. Eating better is always a good idea. Caffeine is only bad when you drink it in large amounts. A couple cups a week won't hurt, but there's no harm in cutting back. I hope this little bit helps. I'm no expert, but I'm sure you're next one will work out just fine. My doctor told me that chances are the next pregnancy will turn out great. These things happen, and you can try again shortly. Take care.
Well, Last month i posted a comment 5 weeks preg. bleeding had an u/s an doc. said pregnancy was early but okay, Now i went to the doctor for my hcg level count and they came back negative. I m/c the day after on the 15 of feb. Now im waiting for my regular cycle and im anxious to know if anyone would know when or if its possible to concieve (conceive) during the date of m/c till now?
Since you won't know when or if you are ovulating until you get your first period after the m/c, it will become difficult to know how far along you are if you find yourself pregnant again. They always go by your last period, and if you hadn't had one yet, you and the doctors will have a hard time knowing much until you are far along enough to see the baby on an ultrasound. But to make this short, you are capable of conieving before you get your period. You will just have no idea when you are most fertile till your cycle gets back on track.

I tell everyone I'm no expert, but I'm learning a lot since my m/c 2 weeks ago. My hcg levels have not yet returned to zero, so I've spent a lot of time at the doctor since then. Hopefully, my last test was today. I find out tomorrow if it reached zero. I really wanted everything to come out naturally.
I have had 2 positive pregnancy test... I just got off the pill so my period has been very irregular.... with my estimations i should be 8 wks pregnant but my doctor found NOTHING.... I am really concern... I REALLY want to be pregnant. :(
i took 3 positive pregnancy tests and then i started taking cramps in the lower part of my stomach i went to hospital cause i had miscarriage last yr and was worried, they took me for vaginial u/s and there was nothing there but he said something about something thickening and i could just be too early for anything to show as im not sure of my dates then i went and had hcg done and came back at 695 i have to go back tomorrow for more tests but they mentioned something about ectopic pregnancy please can someone help i am really worried and scared
ps...
i have pregnancy symptoms like mopring sickness, sore breasts, heartburn
hi your hcg is only 695 they can not see any thing til your hcg is over 1500 i had a scan when my hcg was 654 and they could not see any thing went back a week later and they could see every thing try not to worry are you bleeding?
hi jenny no im not bleeding i had spotting about 2 weeks ago but nothin since though i bled after scan but doc said that normal
try not to worry it does not sound like you have m/c have you still got morning sickness and sore boobs it sound like its just two early to see anything ill keep my fingers crossed for you when your next scan or hcg done ?
hi jenni just had hcg done find out results in couple hours but the nurse said it did not look good and not to build my hopes up so it could be ectopic
hi im so sorry i no what your going through i went throught it my self i had my left tube removed now im 9 and a half weeks preg i will keep my fingers crossed for you i hope all goes well let me no what happens x x x
hi jenni thank you for your support, i got my hcg back and my level is at 1483 so everything hopefully is going to be fine i have a scan on tuesday and more hcg tests but fingers crossed again thank you so much you dont know how much you helped me thank you xxx
hi lindsey im so pleased to hear that every thing is ok let me no what happens in your scan xx
hi lindsey do u have a email address or msn thanks x
hi jenni its ***@****
hi jenni just to et u know am now bleeding i know it not good will let u know l8r though what happwns
hi try not to worry i was bleeding at the start of my pregnancy i will keep my finger crossed for you sending hugs and kisses your way hope all is ok x
hi jenni got my scan am only 5weeks 5 days but my hcg is now over 2600 and bleeding stopped got an 8 wk scan too so am gettin excited
Did they mention anything about you having low progesterone? I asked because I was in a similar situation with my 3 yr old. I took the progesterone suppositories that they had given me and prayed, prayed, prayed. They had already given up on her and told me to expect to lose her because according to "Science" that's what they had to go by. Whatever you do, remember to do these things:

"HIGH PRIORITY"

PRAY

1. Lay in the bed on your side as MUCH as you can.
2. Stay off your feet as much as you can.
3. Ask for suppositories to increase your levels of progesterone which is a hormone that normally is natural but some of us need the synthetic hormones because our bodies are not cooperating. The suppositories suppose to have the hormones needed to strengthen your uterus.
4. Limit the amount of walking, moving, basically you may have to place yourself on bedrest despite what anyone else thinks until your at least 8-10 wks.

Those things will help the baby stick to your uterus as well as the placenta. It worked for my baby girl Kennedy.

I worked also, but I had to a priority which was making it through that first trimester with her so I took a LOA from my job until I was out of the woods.
wow im so pleased evey thing is ok with you and the baby im only 3 weeks in front of you so we will be due at same time i hope every thing goes ok with your pregnancy once again im so glad your ok keep me up dated x x
23 days after my last period i did a test and it was positive the next day i started spotting and called doc's they refured me to the hospital I went there the next day 25 days since last period. Internal scan showed somthin 4mm but she was not 100% sure it was a sack hcg level was 409 at 28 days i had risen to 905.Then I went for another scan on 31 days even though me bleeding had stopped after a day and had no pain at any point.The scan showed that it hadn't grown much only 0.3mm so they sent my for another blood test thinkin it may be eptopic and the small mass she seen wasn't related to the prgnancy.BUT the result came back 2636 as expected in a normal pregnancy but she is still concerned and i am due to go back at 33days in.Im really worryed can any one give me some advise I can't deal with work but for the past week have gone in trying to act like all is well as the rest of my team is off and don't want to leave them down.
Hi I'm 5weeks pregnant, and last friday I've done a transvaginal ultrasound, She couldn't find the sac, but the wall is really thick and the uterus is really bulkyall the signs of pregnancy are there, I have cramping but I have no bleeding or spotting, but she told that I might miscarriage cause at 5weeks you're suppose to see the sac. She scared me and I'm so AFRAID, Is it normal or I wait although its killing me.
hi can u give me sum advice please last week i done a clearblue digital test it came back posative saying 1/2 weeks i have ad a bit of pain in the lower left side  and lost a little bit of pinky discharge the doc sent me for a ultra sound and internal  1 but couldnt see anything i now its to early to see and my hcg were 300 and they ruled out optopic pregnancy out could i be misscarrying
I took 2 tests 2 weeks ago and they were both neg. I took 2 tests on 2/13 and they were both pos. On 2/16 I had a vaginal u/s and they saw nothing. My bhcg level was 1300. I made an appt. with my ob for 2/18 they took more blood and my bhcg level was 2500! I'm glad it went from 1300-2500 in 2 days!!!! I have an u/s on March 4th and I'm freaking out b/c  they couldn't see anything when my bhcg level was 1300!!! This is my first pregnancy and I'm proabably freaking out over nothing. The didn't do an u/s when my level was 2500 they are going to wait until March 4th. When my levels were 1300, by my calculations I was only about 2-3 weeks!!!! so when I go on March the 4th I should be around 4-5 weeks!!! Any1 have any adivce!!!! They mentioned ectopic when my bhcg was only 1300 but it went up, they also said it could be 2 early 2 see anything.
so here is my problem, I have absolutely no idea when my last period was... no clue at all, I never keep track. For some reason I felt about 7 weeks. when I had my first apt, they saw nothing on the ultra sound, no sac, normal looking uterus. I am scared to death. Everyday this is all I think about. This is my first pregnancy and I am told not to worry, but I cant help it! What are the chances that the pregnancy will stick??
Hey I found out last week I was pregnant I started light bleeding this morning and went to my doc who sent me to hosp for scan a had a u/a done but they couldn't see anything no sac no baby! She said I am 5 weeks 5 days gone but it may be too soon to see anything and to come back next week. The bleeding has stopped but I'm having horrible cramps and back pain all evening there not too bad but I'm so worried I aometgings wrong. The midwife did say my cervics was closed so that's a good thing but they done no other tests litke checked my hcg levels?? What do you think??? Thanks x
Last Friday, July 17th, I went to get an U/S because I was having cramping on one side and that whole side hurt.  I would have been 5 weeks.  They found nothing in the ultrasound.  My doctor pretty much told my that the pregnany was over.  I was anxious, sad, depressed, moody all weekend, because my doc. told me it was over.  I did my best to put it in God's hands.  He is the creator of life, and altough technology can help us, it is not always 100% correct.  I fianally became ok with the fact that this is God's creation and His plan.  Well, I called a different ObGyn on Monday morning and got into an ultrasound- they found it!!  So, my weekend of worring was for nothing.  The ultrasound just missed it the first time somehow.  I am just 6 weeks, I am still praying that everything will go ok.  Just do your best not to worry- I know it is difficult.  We may not always understand it, but God has a plan for our life.  Hope all turns out well!  I think they just missed it in the ultrasound.  Remain hopeful.  :)
So I have been reading the post and I'm very glad I ran across this site. I'm about 5weeks pregnant and on 8/4 I went to the ER for light bleeding, then on 8/5 I went to a follow up with my doctor they took blood for HCG lvls and did an u/s. On the u/s they saw a small sac but nothing else, and then they got my hcg lvls back and where 2500 so the went up since the last time but they did not double or anything. The doctor told me I am having a m/c or am going to start having one. Could she be wrong? I have never had this happen to me so I am really confused. The u/s lady said that she was seeing everything she should be seeing at how far along I am and that the bleeding could be implanting but then when they got my hcg back they say I'm have a m/c. does anyone have a similar problem that maybe can tell me what happened or any advice I would really appreciate. Thank you
Hi! I am 5wks, 3 days based on LMP. Yesterday I had light bleeding and went to see my OB. She did an OS and saw nothing, she said that I just had spontaneous abortion and pointed to something where the baby had come from. She told me to expect more bleeding over the next 5 days after which she will give me some meds to clean my uterus. Since last night there was no more bleeding until today.

Upon reading all your posts, I cannot help but wonder if my OB was wrong and there is still a baby inside me. Please help?
My last period was on 7/20. On this Monday, 9/8, I had a positive EPT home pregnancy test, but then I started spotting.The next day, I tested positive again, on a First Response test. The spotting turned to light bleeding, like an easy period. No cramps. I've been really really tired for 2 weeks, peeing a lot, hungry more often, breasts don't hurt but they feel fuller & heavier. Stomach stays kinda bloated.
Anyhow. Today is 9/12 and I have continued the light bleeding. No cramps or discomfort. I've taken three more pregnancy tests throughout today and they are all positive!
Here is the dilemma. I had an appointment with an OBGYN today and he gave me a urine test, which was NEGATIVE. Then he did a vaginal ultrasound and saw nothing. He took blood and I will find out what that result is on Monday.
Why would I have physical pregnancy symptoms for a couple weeks now, plus five positive home pregnancy tests and a little bleeding but no cramp or pain, yet the little plastic urine test at the medical clinic & ultrasound show negative/nothing?  Is there a possibility that a doctor office urine test is wrong and even at 4-7 weeks pregnant nothing shows up on a vaginal ultrasound? I was so, so, peaceful and blessed to think I was actually carrying a child within me.
Update, the doctor called and said my blood test is positive, but HCG is low so he wants another blood test on Monday to watch the hormone level. Is it likely that I'm  not 7 weeks prego but maybe only 3-5 weeks and that is why the level is low? I've never tracked my ovulation and I once went 4 years without having a period because I had too little body fat, so maybe I ovulate at a later time in my cycle than the system says most women do, and am therefore not as many weeks pregnant as would be thought. Any thoughts? Any?
Hi everyone after reading this site i was wondering if anyone could answer some questions? or if any has been through this?
I took a pregnany test around 2 weeks ago and it was postive, i took another the day after and again postive and darker line, i went to doc who sent me for ultra sound to get dates as im on the depo injection with no periods, i went for the ultra sound and they told me they couldnt find a pregnancy, but iv had all the symptons, feelin sick tired, frequent urination and iv had no bleeding or cramps, have been told by doctor it may have been absorbed by my womb? has anyone heard of this or have this happen?
any info would be great
thanks Laura
Hi everyone...
Early hours of sat i woke up with really bad cramps on my lower left abdomen, i'd also been bleedin for a few days but i thought it was my period come early. A+E said hcg had showed in my urine and that they thought it was eptopic. Blood tests showed my hcg at 118 and my white blood cells very high so i had an infection somewhere too. i was sent home as the pain eased and told to return for more b/w mon. My hcg level had only risen to 143 so they had me in straight away for a scan to check for growth outside the uterus. the scan was in conclusive and my womb linin was normal so either far too early or id alreadty miscarried. By my dates i will of only concieved 3 weeks on saturday.l. Wed i had more b/w done and the hcg had doubled to 312 which has given me a glimmer of hope. I have had more b/w done this morn and im waitin to see how my numbers are now. The pain has stopped and so has the bleeding so i'm praying to god things are ok.
Has anyone else had a similar story to mine? X
We aren't really sure whats going on at the moment. The IVF clinic wanted me to do the beta testing on the 28th of Sept. I did one on the 25 and it was positive, did another on the 27, it was positive and then the clinic did one the 28, it was positive and they did the beta and it came back at 136 - which they said was high for that time. So everything looked good. Then when my period was due I had some very light brown spotting, which they say is normal. No pain, no cramps, no clots, just spotting. It was bothering me so I did another test on Oct. 4, last sunday and it said negative. Soo confused..even the clinic is confused. I had another blood test yesterday so I will get the results from that this afternoon. I also had an u/s this morning and the clinic said the cervix is closed which is good, but it's too early to see anything. The IVF told me to get an u/s this week (starting week 6) as you should be able to see something and hear the heartbeat. So I don't really know whats going on...but I'm thinking that it never took (but wouldn't it have to take to read the HCG) or it was a miscarriage (but never got any bleeding, cramps or pain). So confused.

Any ideas?? or same scenerios?
I am currently in a hard situation like most of you. I took a preg test about 5 days ago and it came back positive. I went to a clinic and did another one and they confirmed that I am pregnant. I have some mild dull achy pain on my right side and in my back. It does not feel like perid cramps though. I went to the ER because I currently do not have maternity insurance and I was worried about the pain. They did an levels test and it was 274.79 so that puts me between four and five weeks pregnant. The ER doctor scared me because he sent me to do an ultrasound and they said they saw nothing no sac nothing. But when I had a exam they said my uterus was enlarged that was normal. They said that I had an eptopic pregnancy even though they said they saw nothing in my tube at the time. All they saw was a cyst on my right ovary. I am really scared I dont want to lose this baby. It sounds funny but I am already so in love with him or her. Any advice?
I went in at five weeks and the Dr did not see anything...She gave me 5 ultrasounds....three in the hospital and two with her.  The tech saw a sac but she did not.  The Dr was ready to performa D&C and I declined.  I went to another Dr three days later......and there he saw a healthy heartbeat!!!! Way to many ultrasounds......my peanut is growing inside and I'm so thankful we didn't listen to that Dr's advice!
I should be 5 weeks preg. I have already suffered two m/c in the past 3 years. I went for my first ultrasound yesterday and the doc said he didn't see anything but fluid in the uterus. In my other 2 pregnancies a sac was seen. Is it possible this doc just didn't see it on the ultrasound? I am waiting on my second HCG level result. I should have it by noon. I am so sad that this may be my third lose. All I want is to have a baby.
I am new to this site and oh so happy i found it. I am a mom of 2 both healthy and easy pregnancys. Found out i was prego with a home preg test. According to my last period i am 5 weeks prego, i have been having servere cramping in lower ab, which is normal for me durring my period and after sex durring ovulation. cramps are worse at night while im asleep. i started getting nervous so i went to ob for sono, my doc was not in so i saw the midwife, she gave me an internal and a vos which showed nothing. she sent me to the hospital for a more detailed sono and still nothing! so im 5 weeks and no sign of sac or anything. went and got another hpt and still tested positive but this time the line is much darker than the first test i took 2 weeks ago. im very nervous and have to go back in a week for sono.
Elena
Im 5 weeks  also they cant see anything they said it could be a possibe m/c but I really dnt know i was bleeding but they did one u/s and thats sit my hcg levels were 166 then 2days later 267 wats goin on im really nervous this is my 1st pregancy.....

They also threatinig an ectopic pre. Im so Scared but then again could doc be wrong????????????????

I am 5 w 6 d pregnant and yesterday morning woke up with brown spotting and more intense than normal cramping. Went in and had an ultrasound and the tech found nothing. Said my uterus was thick and there was fluid, but nothing else, no sac no nothing. I am still having light spotting. Did I miscarry already? I am going for HCG level check tomorrow and will take if from there. But I'm so lost...what happened? Did I pass it and not know...is that possible? Will I need a d&c? So many questions. I have had one miscarriage already, then went on to have a healthy pregnancy, then this...
I found out I was pregnant on monday last week tuesday i had cramping and a stitch like pain.I went to see my dr on wednesday and she did another preg test that came back positive but not very strong she said that she thought i was in the process of m/c and snet me for a scan on the friday. the scan showed up nothin uterus was thickened and there was fluid but no sac nothin. i worked out that 1 was around 4 wks 5 days she midwife said she shud be able to c something so suggested that i was having eptopic she took bloods for hcg levels. went back to hospital on sunday still with stitch like pains to have my levels redone luckily they had doubled and evry thing shud b fine have to so back on the5th march for another u/s still worrying wont settle untill i see the little dot.
Hi everyone,

Last Tuesday, I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive! Next day, I started having mild menstrual type cramps and some light spotting. Cramps and spotting continued until Sunday. Now the cramps stopped and the spotting is less, but still there.

Dr. at ER checked my HCG levels twice so far. First time (at 4 weeks, 5 days) HcG was about 400. Yesterday, (at exactly 5 weeks), it was about 900. The ER dr. said this is very low and probably a miscarriage. They also did not see anything on US. Nothing at all!

I am going for more tests today and I am so nervous. I'm worried about the HcG levels not being where they should be and after reading a little online, i'm also starting to worry about ectopic preg.

Hoping I get great news today and hoping the best for all of you too! I am so glad I found this site. It's great to read other people's stories. It gives me some hope! I'll be praying for all of you! I'm putting my case in God's hands and hoping for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

Cristina

folks im going out of my mind with worry,today iv had a vaginal ultrsound done and doctor could not see anything at all,no sac no nothing,he said that the lining of my womb had signs that there is a pregnancy but thats all.im 5 weeks 3 days pregnant,bin told i could be having a eptopic pregnancy or that its just too early to see anything,i thought that a vu would show at least something,its such a worry  
Julie747
I'm kind of experiencing the same thing. I had a scan done at 4 wks 3days last friday (03/12) and showed nothing in the uterus but a cystic mass outside the uterus. Sonographer thought this was an ectopic pregnancy. Had a transvaginal scan same day which showed nothing but a small fibroid in fundal part of the uterus. Imagine how crazy this can be. Anyway, i was told to go back for another scan in two weeks. I have had over 10 pregnancy tests now, all positive, no spotting, just little cramping, headaches and dizziness. I just hope all goes well. Its our first baby amd i'm kind of freaking out. Remember me in your prayers! Thanks for all your posts, you don't know how much hope i have simply coz i read your posts on this forum. Good luck all and God bless.
I was about 5 weeks pregnant and I went in for an ultrasound, and the lady who gave me the ultrasound said that my uterus wall was very thick, bus she didn't see anything. That same day, earlier, my doctor, (a physicial assistant) confirmed I was pregnant. I got a call the next day from the p.a. saying that the ultrasound showed nothing and that I miscarried. I am going to go to a obgyn in about 2 weeks though to make sure. I do not feel certain of a miscarriage at all. I have little cramping and no bleeding at all. My boobs are sore and I have been feeling sick.
I too am about 5 weeks pregnant. my hcg level is 2500 and not even a sac is visible. I've in the past had an eptopic pregnancy so im real scared.
I conceived after sex on 23rd August (call it a bad year, but this is the only time this year I have slept with anyone so I know for definite!)...  We used no protection, and it was bang on the right date for conceiving (as I realised later).  Anyway, I had negative tests right up to my 'period'.  My period was late (never happens), I had no pre menstrual cramping (usually have a band of ache around my back the day before), it was lighter than normal, lasted 2-3 days instead of the normal 4-5 and was varying colours.  I basically, with the negative tests, assumed I hadn't conceived.

However, since then I have been sleeping a lot, talking 8-12 hours a night plus naps mid afternoon where possible.  I had tender breasts over this weekend.  And I am freezing cold (I've read some women get very cold, others very hot).  And Thursday of last week I almost passed out on my way home from work so I decided to do a test Friday morning, and it was positive, did a second and that was positive so went straight to the doctors.  She told me that I must have miscarried on the 12th and my hormones weren't back to normal.  She booked me in for a scan this morning.

Over the weekend I took two Clear Blue Digital tests that said I was 2-3 weeks (which when looking at sex, ovulation, time it takes to implant it is right)...

However, when I got the scan this morning, they couldn't find anything.  But I have since read that 2-3 weeks is too early???  Is that right?

Anyway, they took some blood and rushed the results and they called me earlier to say I have high HCG levels and to come back Wednesday morning.  BUT they are treating it as a failed or failing pregnancy because I bled and they can't see anything.

Is there any hope at all or should I start dealing with the fact that I have lost a baby?
Everyone is different I wouldn't have thought that at 2-3 weeks you would see anything I'd wait till bout 6-7 weeks but like I said everyone is different I had a scan at 5 1/2 weeks and saw everything even heartbeat but reading through this post majority of ppl didn't even see anything that early, I'd try not to worry cos its not good for u or baby n goodluck x
im going through the same..
went for a scan mon as ive had some bleeding, should be about 6 weeks, nothing was there?! my lining is thin too :-/
preg tests keep coming back positive and my hcg levels are 510. get my 2nd set of hcg levels back tomorrow to see if they have declined :-(
I did 3 x p/tests sun 10th Oct & were positive... so I went to Dr Monday and got the usual blood preg test done. Tues morning 12th Oct I started to spot a little brownish in colour and then started to get cramps on my left side... so Dr did blood test &  sent me for a o/s & an internal and nothing appeared expect fluid on my left side .. I  received results on the Wed & Dr said my levels were low..and that I could hav an eptopic pregnancy ... they mentioned im 4 wks but Im pretty sure I concieved between  the 29th of Sep to 2 Oct....so from my cal .. could only b 3 wks  From what Ive read its way to early to find anything from the o/s or the internal scan.. but I still have some cramping on my left side and abd

I did another home test this morning and it came out positive.
.
Im heading again for another blood test and wont get them bak till monday 18th ...

Is there hope that everything could b ok??
Well after 2 ectopic pregnancies one resulted in my tube being removed just in August of this year, I am pregnant again. I am about 5 weeks pregnant and I went for my first ultrasound yesterday. I saw the sac it was amazing how small it was and that was actually my baby. After 2 ectopic preg. even though the doctor said this preg is in the right place I am still nervous that maybe he made a mistake and it is in the tube again. I just won't believe it until I hear my little ones heart beat.
I took a p/t, well 3 and all came out positive. Went to the doctors and came out positive. Now im about 5 weeks and started bleeding. Dr did an ultrasound and couldn't find anything. He took blood today to check my levels. Dr said the p/t may have been wrong. I find out tomorrow. I hope I am prego and everything is ok.
I found out i was pregnant last monday and i started bleeding the following sunday really bad and really bad cramps i should be 5 weeks pregnant but the bleeding has got worse today along with lots off clots and had a scan today they never seen nothing at all i have had a blood test done today and waiting on results but im expecting the worse to have already happened
I dnt hav words to put my feelings..- am 4weeks pregnant and I jus came bck frm an u/s which said they cld see nothing,maybe a small cyst, and I was all shattered,but now after reading the posts above, m a lil hopeful...god bless you all!!
Hi, I am currently 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant. This is my fifth pregnancy. I have one 2year old daughter, which was my last pregnancy. As of last week everything was going good until about 3-4 days ago I got a real sharp shooting pain on my overies and uteurs and then began the back pain. The next morning I started spotting light brown blood for half a day (none since). I went to the ER that morning. They did a Vaginal U/S and said its not etopic but they didnt see a heatbeat or embryo but did see a sack in my uterus. They are keeping an eye on my HCG and I go back in four days to get another ultra sound which by then I will be 6 weeks and 2 days. Im hoping and praying they find a baby in there. This is just killing me not knowing. Im in deed pregnant with all the sings but morning sickness which I always get with my others and bad at that. Im so lost and time is killing me! Im wondering if anyone has had sevear pains and still had a healthy baby? None of my other M/C were anything like this. My first was at almost 4 months and that was bleeding and then the bad cramping soon followed. Losing that baby was horrible but 3 months later I was pregnant again and then lost that baby at 2 months. The third loss was at 4 1/2 weeks.Then came my daughter! Shes just as healthy as could be. I do have a rare blood clotting disorder called Anti Thrombins 3 disorder and that was the deemed cause of the M/C so they think. Im on all my meds now but this pregnancy is throwing everyone for a loop. The DR thinks it wont last. Im not sure what to think. Any thoughs
Hi, I am 5 weeks pregnant and after having cramp pains and a little bleeding, I decided to go to ER. At 2500 hcg, they didn't see any sac but instead an 8mm dot in my ovary. It is a suspected ectopic pregnancy and my doctor recommended a laparascopic surgery to double check if it is really the case. The only concern is it could be a cyst. I have to go through an anesthesia and he says if its a normal pregnancy, I could have a miscarriage later. But if I don't do the surgery asap, I could risk myself of rupture and the future of getting pregnant again. How could I decide on this? I decided to wait which he doesn't recommend.  But the thought of losing the baby because they aren't sure if it's ectopic kills me. We waited for a baby for years. I don't know what to do. Should I save myself and risk loosing the baby? I'm so going crazy right now.:-(
i wanna wish everyone here a good luck as for me my last lmp was 5-31 of this  year i was having a bit of cramping and no period yet so i took a test and it came back positive so i went to the er which i was there for 8 hours they took blood it came back positive and the ultrasound and saw nothing but a fluid sack but nothing else i was affraid but they said it is to early and now i must go in tomorrow to take blood to make sure my hcg levels are still up so i hope to see something soon bc i have been trying so long i am 30 now never been pregnant b4 so i hope god takes care of everything for me and you guys much love and luck...ps is cramping nomal and constipation as well lol
ive had 8 m/c and an ectopic and have 3 children and am currently pregnant. i had a scan thismorning due to pain on my left side ( they wanted to rule out another ectopic) and she said it was in the right place and she seen a yolk sack. the pain in my left side was because the egg was released from the left ovary so it had an hormonal cyst on it which helps it grow. going by the size on the scan im 5 and a half weeks. they havnt done any blood work and told me just to go back in 7 wks for a dating scan. im worried sick as i always am at this point in my pregnancies due to my history.

good luck 2 everyone
Hello Everyone:) My name is Nikki and I have had 2 very healthy successful pregnancies. I am 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant today. I had an US last Tues and there was a sac but it had blood around it? My doctor said more than likely i would miscarry because thats what the blood around the sac usually means. I had my levels checked last tues and they came back at 587 then 2 days later, the levels jumped to 1500. This was great news to me. I went in today for another vaginal US (a week later) and there was still the sac with blood around it. No fetal pole yet, no baby yet, no heartbeat yet.....just a sac. I know Im really early in this pregnancy but this is so odd to me. He said there is also some stuff in the sac? He said he is really confused and unsure why my levels are great, but the blood is showing around the sac. Can anyone relate?
Hi...I really hope some1 can help shed some light on my deilema!!!  I had my last period on the 14th of april 2011...I took 8 pregnancy tests...3 of which had a faint line.  I have been having tummy cramps, really bad interjection, gas and tummy pain in the morning followed by a bowl movement  Also my abdomin (abdomen) above my belly button has grown.  I have had 2 ultra sounds and one v/s...all 3 did not detect anything.  I was just going over both reports and noticed that my uterus had grown from the 1st US.  I am so confused as no one has any answers!  Anyone pls help
My periods are irregular but not for this long
Hey every one, I'm 5weeks pregnant came on my perido for 5days. 1st time being prgnt went to the doctor did a us didn see nothing. I'm scared. Plz pray for me
helloo every one i just want to tell you in uk doctor is so bad and they dont no nothing andd nothing  if u r 7 weeks prngt  they sayin u r 3 week prngt . they just want to  no >>( only privite cilinic / money money ) its good for drsss ;)
My period was delayed for three days,
On the fourth day it came out but for two days heavy, I did ultrasound they saw a sac. I did a pregnancy test and it came out negative! I don't know what to do,please I need advice! And help.    isabel.
Hi Ladies! I am glad I found this site! It gives me hope! I have taken 6 positive pregnancy tests sense 9/10/2011. Due to 2 previous miscarriages I went to the Dr yesterday. They did 2 external ultrasounds and 2 vaginal. They didn't see anything... I think I may just be really early in my pregnancy. They did a HCG test and it is only at 10. So the Dr said there is no way home pregnancy tests should have picked up such a low number and I most likely and not pregnant anymore... I have been very tired, my breasts are very tender and my sense of smell is increased... Please keep me in your prayers! Does anyone have any advice for me?
I am 6 weeks pregnant and went my u/s and the nurse said she cant see nothing. That there wasnt anything in my uterus. I am so cut up by the fact i could have miscarriaged and more so i told my daughter i have a baby in my tummy. The hospital are sending me today for blood tests i am praying its just to early. Like all mums to be, i want this baby more then anything and would give anything x
How did it finally go? Just got to this site and read ur post on the 11th of Jan, 2008. Did u still see ur baby and did u have him/her safely cos I am in your shoes right now.and soooo nervous. Do respond please
hi all :) hope some1 can help me.. think im 5 weeks pregnant.. last week had internal scan but saw nothing. had bloods done had 108, then 48hours later was 265 then 48hours after that 660.. im due for a scan weds i hope i can see something as docs keep saying eptopic but i had same problem with my first but saw him on internal at 6 weeks?? can any1 help :( xx
i had a positive pregnancy test day before i missed my period. i started feeling pregnancy symptoms about a week after my ovulation. went to see a Dr. but urine test was negative. took another test 10 days later at home, still positive. my breast is enlarged and all the other early symptoms present. I did an ultrascan yesterday supposed to be 7 weeks but uterus was normal. no sign of pregnancy. am scared. this is first pregnancy.
Ladies I'm 4 wks along in my 2nd pregnancy and I'm kinda worried I took a test the 13th and it was positive and on the 17th they said I was 3 wks but when it came to my hcg it went from 700 to 900 can someone plz help me I've also been bleeding for a week but my hcg went up and I'm having no pain..am I over reacting?
Went to the Doc's I am 5w6d according to lmp.. Did vaginal ultrasound saw nothing.. Urine and blood test are positive for pregnancy. I have pain in my lower right side of abdomin (abdomen). U/S confirmed I do have cyst on right overy. Doctor says could be Ectopic. I am so scared and sad. Could it just be that I am just barely pregnat which is why doctor cannot see anything on ultrasound? Took blood test yesterday shows low amount of HCG. Will take another blood test tomorrow. Please pray this is a normal pregnancy just early on.
Will keep you posted
I am seriously So happy I saw this. I was in the ER Friday night and I'm supposed to be around 6 weeks. They said all they see is a sac on vaginal ultrasound. I have to go next week for hcg level testing and another u/s in a few weeks and I'm terrified. Reading your responses put my mind at ease, though. I'm just praying for a healthy pregnancy...
I am 5 weeks and went into the er because I was spotting they did an US on the emergencie machine but there was no sack , am so afraid because this is my 1st
hi! we have the same thing happening right now!, i was delayed for 10 days already, then i got 2 positive faint lines from my home pregnancy test. based on my lmp, im also 5 weeks, but after my vaginal ultrasound yesterday, they did not see and sac in my uterus and tubes.. nothing but my cyst in my left ovary!! now im having some brownish spotting.. im so confused if im pregnant or not... i also feel pregnant, breast tenderness something like that... im dying to know the truth
hey, my first u/s was booked for tomorrow, yesterday i started getting light brown discharge, last week my breasts stop being sore and sensitive and today i started bleeding heavily (fresh red blood) and getting lower back pains like when i get my period. i called my gyne in a panic - she did the u/s today and saw no sac - by this time we should have detected a heart beat at 7 weeks but there was nothing - not even a sac. so i will shed everything naturally - thank god - we are so sad and dissapointed about the m/c - the gyne said we can start trying again in january and i should remain taking folic acid while trying. good luck to all of you whether you having success in your pregancy or not - sending you all positive energy. x
Can anyone give any advice i thought iwas 8wks pregnant and went for an u/s today as i have been having bleads some light some heavy and the doc said she can see a pregnancy sac there but im only measuring at 5wks theres no way my dates are wrong shes bringing me back in a week to do another scan but im worried that theres a problem with the growth and thats why im bleading. Any advice i would be so greatful. Thank you.
hi all im very confused i had a ectopic pregnancy on the 14th of november resulting in my right tube being removed i had unprotected intercourse with my partner about a week after surgery .about two weeks after that i had pregnancy symptoms again sore boobs etc. so something told me to take a pregnancy test i did and it was positive 1-2 weeks conceived then took another one this friday and it still says positive 1-2 weeks had two hgc blood test one the first time i did my pregnancy test and one on friday just gone the doctor rang me and said the level were both the same so it didnt change she said it could just be that they are slowly decreasing after the ectopic.but i have to go back on tuesday for another blood test if they stay the same or rise i have to see the gyne team i am really scared dont know what to think can anyone help ?
hello everyone went to the er this morning i was bleeding lighty they did an vu and seen nothing but hcg level was low at 500 they told to come back in 2days im scared had 2 m/c in 07 and 06 what shold i do
i have a similar problem but they didnt see anything in vu and told me to come back in 2days anr see if my hcg level went up just pray everything fine
Well I took 4 pregnancy tests. 3 came out with a faded lines and took a digital one which came back as I was pregnant between 2-3 weeks.

I was so excited and shocked at same time as was not trying. Anyways all was going ok and about a week after I found out I was pregnant I started bleeding quiet heavy for about 6 days so I went to the doctor on my holiday in this small town who did a scan and said I did not have a miscarriage and I was not pregnant but I had a cyst that ruptured.

He could not see a sac for pregnancy and he only charged me like R100 for the scan. I'm not to sure if this guy new what he was talking about or not.

I said to him why did I have that pregnancy hormone in my system if I was not pregnant and he said that the cyst that ruptured gives off the same hormone. Is this true???? I need help! Did I have a miscarriage or can I still be pregnant?

I just had my first ultrasound and the picture was clear,  measured at 1.15cm and I was told I was 5w 2days? Is this normal?
Hello I am new to this site and I was reading your information. I recently found out on jan11, that i am pregnant. I confirmed that with the docter the next day, and then 1/16 i started bleeding not light, but not heavy and with no cramping. I went to the er and they ruled out etopic, and said could be a miscarriage or nothing, so i had a appointment with my docter on 1/17 and he got the charts from the er. I had low hcgt levels at hospital which was 42, and then he took some blood which was the next day those results were at 55. I stopped bleeding on 1/18 I fel great had a scheduled ultrasound for today and i am suppose to be 6weeks and 3 days. We did not see anything no sac, nothing so now I am scared they took some more blood, and I am awaiting results. Mind you I am 35 and this will be my first. Have you or anyone you may know ever had a postive outcome from something like this
Hello I am new to this site also... I went for a vaginal u/s on Tue,according to lmp should have been 5 weeks 4 days, they couldn't find anything the sonographer found a sac but said she was not sure if it was one or not, my right ovary is showing a luteum corpal cyst which is common for preg and she also found some free flowing blood which I'm so worried about, my hcg levels were taken, she phoned later in the afternoon and said they look normal for early preg, am having them repeated tomo and hope they have gone up, am yet to know when or if I'll be having another u/s, I am so emotional I cnt stop crying and have taken time off work and just don't kno what to do with myself, I have a beautiful daughter who is 3 and a half so am trying my best to keep busy with her. Will update when I know more and hope others do too X
Hi... I had a miscarriage.. Sept 13/2011.. the doctor told me I could get pregnant right after thanksgiving, but I got decided to get pregnant for January.2012. I missed my pd in January 28, same day I did a home test came positive and went to doctor and saw on ultrasound I was about 5 weeks along but I could only see a sac.. still scares me cus I don't want another miscarriage but I'm trying to keep positive, and I only threw up 4 times and it stopped and I dnt have frequent urination yet. Idk wats up.
Hey there.
I am in a similar situation to you. Went for vus a couple of days ago and the tec said that she could see the cyst on my right ovary, that the lining of my uterus had thickened, but there was no sign of any sack/ pregnancy. I have had very light spot bleeding today but no pain. Since then I have done lots of research...
1. We do not all ovulate at the same point in our cycles... and if you ovulate late in the cycle you could be 5 or so days less pregnant than you think. At 5 weeks it is very unlikely that you would see anything.
2. Spotting in early pregnancy is pretty normal. It is heavy bleeding that is worrying.
I really hope that it all goes well for you. I have the docs again in a few days where I will ask for HCG testing. I have also re-booked my u/s for 2 weeks time... In the meantime I am going to try and remain positive- stress hormones will do far more harm than good and unfortunately however much we worry it won't change a thing! Keep me posted xxx
me daughter doesn't have regular periods.  so this time no period since oct 5.  she took a pregnancy test in early january. Not pregnant took a test on 2/25 pregnant so not knowing how far along she was we took her to emergency room on 2/26 test confirmed pregnancy.  Hcg level was 3997. they said about 5 1/2 weeks ultra sound showed nothing... vaginal ultrasound showed nothing. they did an internal and they said cervix was closed everything looked normal... in the one corner there was some blood (no idea what that ment lol) the next day 2/28 she started bleeding @ around 8:30 am and bled off and on until about 4pm with intense cramping and there was clotting...not sure what is going on she was fine before the internal exam....everyone says let nature take its course and she has a blood test on thursday for hcg levels and a doctors appointment on friday 3/3 so scared nervous....help any ideas can the baby still be okay
Hi two weeks ago I was two days late and had some symptoms so the doctor did a blood test and it was negative. I still "felt pregnant" so I took a HPT last Saturday and last Monday both negative. This past Saturday I didn't feel to hot I was have period like cramping but no period so I took another test well it was a faint positive so I went and bought a digital test and it was positive! Call my doctor since I had some cramping still and that was yesterday. Today I still had some cramping and this is my first pregnancy so I'm a little nervous, they checked yesterday's test and said my level was low I heard him say 110. I did the scan nothing was seen. I'm going back tomorrow for repeat bloods, hoping for a double, he thinks I may have ovulated later in my cycle so I'm really early! Praying that's the case I'll keep you all posted!
Update: had my follow blood test and it doubled plus a little more in less than 48 hours!! Follow up on Friday again! Doctors thinks I ovulated late and have a really early pregnancy!
I found out that i was pregnant wed when i went to the e.r i had a ultrsound  done showing that i was 5 weeks they seen a sac no fetus, so the tody me to come back in friday witch is today  and checked my blood levels thet went from 800 to 1400 in to days my sac growing byt still no fetus so i go back on monday for a repeat and i can't wait my mind is wondering but i believe the baby will develop i'm praying that it do.
Hi I just want to know how you got on i am currently 5 to 6 weeks and the same happened me when i got a scan there was a sack and nothing else. when i was scannd on my other two children at 6 weeks their was heart beats. I have to wait untill the 10th of april for another scan
I am so concerned I found out about a week and 2 days ago that I was pregnant, I did 4 home pregnancy test from the dollar store and the lines were extremely faint, so I went and bought 2 clearblue digital ones which both showed positive... I was soo excited, but last Saturday I started to feel some discomfort in my lower left abdomen and decided to go to the ER where they did a urine and blood test and both came back positive with my hcg levels being at 300 the doctor told me I had just recently gotten pregnant and wanted me to do a follow up that next Tuesday which was yesterday! They said my hcg levels went from 300 to 700 but when she proceeded to do an ultrasound she didnt see anything at all! They think I can just be way to early or that its an ectopic pregnancy which has me soo concered and scared.. I really want this baby can anybody please help me???
I have an appointment on the 10th as well, I went on the 3erd and they couldnt see anything on my vus, I am soo worried but have my faith put in God that theres nothing wrong and that I was just too early to even see anything... So dont get your hopes up everything will be fine all you need is faith and you will see! Keep my posted wish you luck, my prayers are with you!!!
I had my last period on the 20/2/2012 i did a blood test 3 to 4 weeks ago n came back negative. last week i still hadn't got my period so they did another blood test n it cam back positive. ive done 2dr's urine test n 6home urine test and they all also came back positive (ive had 3m/c hence so many urine tests) i had my first scan today and he found nothing!!! He told me if i get any pain go straight to the hospital but i could have fallen preggers this cycle and that could be the reason why there is nothing there. im soooooo scared im going to m/c again its not funny!!! I am blessed with my 7month old who took us 10years and the 3m/c to get but what can i do to make this bubba stay?????? I have all the symptoms as well, boobs hurt and hormonal...lol i am starting to urinate alot more and am really thursty all the time and my tummy has already popped...
I just had scan at 5 weeks.  They told me the same. Not see anything.  I was so scared until I googled and read all these comments.   Best to keep positive.   This is my fourth pregnancy.  None of previous successful.   So have to be really positive this time round.  
HELLO ALL . I Am In A Similar Situation. I Go In ER For Moderate Bleeding . Urine Test Positive For Pregnancy Also With Blood Test. U/S Shows Nothing But HCG is at 238. Three Days Later HcG Is At 447 Still Nthing On U/S. My Last NORMAL Cycle was April 1st. Came On May 1st For 1 Day and did notbleed anymore till maybe a week ago and is still bleeding. Why is This HappeningAnd How Far Along A I ?
Can anyone help me. I was on the implant and had a peoriod on  08/05/12  after nearly a year of not having one, I then had my implant removed 25/05/12 and haven't had a period or any signs of one since. I did a pregnancy test last week and it said I was pregnant so as you do I did more. I also did 2 clear blue ones and they said 1-2 weeks and then 2-3 a few days later. I called a midwife to make an appointment but when I told her that I had the implant out 3 weeks ago she said I might not be pregnant it might be the hormone after having the implant removed and to test in a few weeks time and phone back. Could this be possible 6 positive tests and not pregnant???
Dear all, I m/c in feb and now preg again! My hub and I are thrilled and excited. However last week when we for for transvaginal u/s , dr said that water sac did grow but not much compared to last week. As my period is irregular, I hope it's still early now to detect the yolk sac and bb heartbeat. Dear all, pls help to pray! God bless all too!!
Ok , so my last menstral cycle  was july2 and i took my pregnancy test on july 30 and found out I was pregnant...the estimated due date was april 9 courtesy of the health dept. My husband and I were having intercourse last sunday night and after I started to  bleed. We ran to emergency and they gave me a vaginal ultra sound they saw my uterus and a yolk sac everything looked fine but they said I am not as far along as I thought I was....My hcg levels were at 40,000 ...the next day we went to see the obgyn and they said same thing...If I was sure I had the dates correct....I am more than positive I do but now starting to douby myself. I am supposed to go back this weekend for another Ultrasound to see if there was any growth anf if the pregnancy is viable. I am freaking out and this emotional roller coaster is killing me and my husband. We have been tring for a while and are scared to death. Any thoughts or opinions?
I had a mc on 8/7/12... It's been so hard.... But we r still trying... At 5 weeks the Doc did an ultra sound but he did not see anything... Then at 7 weeks I had a mc... I'm really scared about getting pregnant again.... Don't want 2 get my hopes up... But I'm praying that everything goes well... I'm in my fertile days.. Right now.. So we r trying... Good luck 2 all of u gurls!! <3
I just left the doctors office from a us. I too am about 5 weeks, we saw nothing. My hcg levels have been as follows 10/19-170,10/24-802, 10/26-1844, 10/27-1807, 10/29-3402, & 10/31-4230... Should I be concerned? I told my dr that I don't want another test or us for a week! Any hope for me?
iam 5weeks pregnant i went to the er cause i was havin some bleedin & still is they did a us the dr said they dnt see anything he said that i culd hve had a m/c my hcg level was high wen i first found out now the doctor sayin its low so i have to go bck in for blood wrk again & i am really freakin out can sumone help me on dis one
I'm 6w2d and had a vaginal u/s done, he couldn't find nothing not even a sac.. so he is testing my hcg levels, bit I have a cyst on my right ovary. Could I be to early for anything to show, I'm really nervous. This is my second baby.. thanks ladies.
I am 5w and 2d pregnant, I went to the doctor yesterday for an ultrasound and a level check. I have had my levels checked 2 times in the past week as well as yesterday, so 3 times. The first one was 65, the second one which was 2 days later was 193, the one from yesterday was 895. In the ultrasound they seen nothing but a cyst on my left ovary. But, in order to see at least the sac your levels need to be above 1500. I go back Monday to get the levels checked again and I don't have another ultrasound scheduled until March 14th! God gave me this gift of life and I am leaving the life of my child in his hands!! I hope everything is ok with us both and will be praying!
I should be around 4 weeks and 5 days is it possible for the doctors to not be able to see the sac or baby yet?
hi im wonderin if someone can help im just over 5 wks pregnant and had a scan done today because ive been in a bit of pain but they didnt see anythin at all and they think it cld be another etppic as i had 1 in2007 and lost my tube through it cld anyone help pls?
I recently found I was prego 7/6/13 so the dr wanted me to have a u/s asap. I should be about a 5 weeks & 2 days according to my last m/p. They told me that it was nothing there & I might be suffering from a epic pregnancy. I have been reading online about the sympthons but my sympthons are similar to ms sympthons except no bleeding or spotting. This is my first time being pregnant has anyone ever experienced this before???