update ... contacting
well  woke up this morning with contractions 5-6 min apart.  now they are 3-4 but after a trip to the hospital I'm only a fingetip and so far not progressing...  kinda frustrated....  34 weeks 5 days and anxious as well as nervous that things are going okay.
OMG. Are you seriously in labour!! i'm the same as you... i dont even have the babies room done or a bag packed yet!!! what's it like? how do you know it's contractions?
Are you back home??   I've been having contractions for 27 hours but they are 9 min apart so I'm not going in.  Last they checked I was 1 cm and 60% effaced.......
I'm hoping for during the week somtime
Are you frusterated that you are NOT in labor and not progressing?  Are you wanting to be in labor right now?  34 weeks is still a little early yet isn't it?!  Your baby still a little small, probably only weighing no more than 4 lbs.  And the lungs may not be completly developed just yet.  I would give yourself a few more weeks to try and get things going.
"I would give yourself a few more weeks to try and get things going"
I'm pretty sure she  has no choice in the matter. I'd say when the baby's coming........the baby's coming.
Oh I know that a baby comes when they want to, but I can't imagian that a mother would WANT, or TRY to get a baby to come before it's full term.  From the sound of her post, it sounded like she was dissapointed that they sent her home.  All I was saying is that she should wait a few weeks to try and get labor started, so the baby has the best chance possible.  The lungs might not be fully developed yet.  I can't imagain her wanting to go into labor early and have her baby spend some time in the NICU.
With all 4 of babies, if I would have gone in to the hospital before 36-37 weeks then they would have tried to stop my labor.
sorry...that came off kind b*tchy. I was in a hurry. I should have put an "lol" after it. :)
No worries, I didn't think you were being b*tchy!   I know that sometimes it's hard to get across what you want to say, they way you want to say it, over the computer. :)
Oh ok good........I didn't want to sound like a little snot! lol
I'm gonna agree with nalla. i think its still a tad bit early. Of course like rubyolivia said, if the babys coming, the babys coming...but it doesnt really sound like the baby is in this case. May be false labor. But i know how it feels when you are that close and feel like the baby is NEVER going to come. It does get frustrating at times. :-)
I bet she's just frustrated, all those contractions and being uncomfortable and nothing.  When it hits you it's kinda surreal.  You just assume you will have contractions and then a baby.  I was like that with both of my babies though.  Good strong pattern of contractions for hours, sometimes even all afternoon and most of the night, then it would slow down.  I never did progress too much, but luckily had not gone it to the hospital.  Did see my Dr. during a few episodes as they were during my regualr appt.  I hope they slowed the contractions down to hold off for another week or so.  Good luck.
Thank goodness you are not dilated more.  You're still early.  The problems of the near term infant are not usually life threatening, but they are of concern.  

Couple more weeks, that's all.  Don't get frustrated.  
No I don't want the baby to come right now, I want to stop being uncomfortable is what I want.  I want them to stop all together.  Especially because my wedding is in 2 weeks and my induction is scheduled for 2-4 days after the wedding (depending on the status of my other complications).  I'm already worried enough about how well she'll do with the coming early induction in 2-3 weeks... boy, around the corner and I can wait till then that is for certain.

The ONLY reason I would want the baby now is that finally I could know she was okay and my body wasn't going to harm her (with my history, the Graves' the Surgery, the Veritgo.... pretty valid reasoning here imo).  After everything I've been through and this little girl has been through with this pregnancy I just want to know that she is okay and in my arms.  

I'm frustrated because here I am uncomfortable, with "regular" contractions that everyone tells us to look for and yet there is no reason for them.  No "active" labor no reason for them to have started, nothing.  I'm frustrated because I had my MRI/MRA/MRV today to find out why all these other problems are going on only to have this one added to the mix of things.  They also aren't going away, they aren't getting any stronger any more thankfully, and I keep trying to "rest" as instructed, even sent my kids with my ex and my parents to get me that "rest"...

Also my doctors and hospital won't stop the labor now if this is real labor, they don't stop them after the 34th week apparently (I went in hoping they would stop them!).  I cried on my DH's shoulder because I was so upset that this was going on because I don't want her in the NICU.  Heck!  I want to finish the baby's room and packing my bag at least!

So yes, I'm "home" for the most part (had to wait for the stupid Electric company to fix the wires in the area before really getting on here).  And I sent even the DH out with the "boys" knowing my parents are less than 5 minutes away if I need them, just so I could rest and stop getting so unusually easily aggittated.  Still having contractions though, and the baby doesn't like them one bit she kicks the heck out of me after they finish which I guess is a good sign.
They often still use terbutaline to quell bothersome contractions until 36 weeks.  That might be an option for you.  

Home stretch.  You're almost there!