update on high risk quad result/fetal hydrops
Unfortunately, at my level II u/s it was detected that my baby has a condition called fetal hydrops. The doctor said the baby would probably die sometime very soon (I'm at ~18.5 weeks), or if it does manage to survive until delivery it will most likely die shortly after birth. I'm going to children's hosp. tomorrow for a second opinion and more extensive testing. I really am devastated, to have made it this far along and find out something like this. There still is the possibility too, that the baby has down's, and likely a serious heart defect. (I had 1 in 10 odds on quad screen). Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated.
my prayers are with you, i mc at an early stage and it was very hard for me, i cant imagine getting that far,i dont think there are words to say that can make you feel any better, i wish you the best of luck, and i am very sorry
I am thinking about you and praying for you.  I have a brother with Down's and he is the most loving caring person I have met.  I know's it's hard to understand right now, but remember God will only give you what you can handle.  I went through this too, but not as much as you are going through my numbers were 1 in 200 and my DD turned out just fine.  I would recommed and second opinion.
I will keep you and your baby in my prayers, God bless
mgi
I don;t know if you are at all religios

BUt if you can get a copy of yesterdays transcripts from savred heart radio - a lady called in to talk about an almost identical situation and her story is sooooo inspiring
It's hard to think of what to say.  Prayers for you,  and your family,  and your baby.
Will pray for you and your family
I have no words of wisdom.  I pray that the doctors are wrong.
mgi
I heard on radio today in kansas city there is a hope center for this called anexandrashouse  even if you don't live there they maybe can give you resources where you do live

you can go there .com  on teh web  and they let you talk to people who have been through it - they also offer financial support and funeral services so you can carry the baby and not kill it

they sounded really really awesome

best of luck
i am not sure if you know about the hyrops fetalis support site on Facebook. Please join it. they members have all experienced this and some babies survied and some did not.

i have just found out my 31 week son has it.
go online and research some websites and educate yourself on it. there are two kinds. my baby has the nonimmune hydrops. survival rates are not good. but on the website are success stories. if it is a chromosonal issue, it is not the best. an amnio will try to confirm the source. hydrops isnt a disease but rather symptoms of a plethera of possibilities of condistions.
ill know my babies in a few days.
take it one day at a time. the  earlier this is detected the less likely the fetus will survive. I am sorry. but....miracles do happen and depending on the source, it can go away on its own.
good luck and please keep us posted. I know most of us have never heard of this. it is a tragic condition.
sincerely,
Christina