update pregnant at 43
Just wanted to give an update to my post several weeks ago. I found out I was pregnant the 1st of June. It was unexpected at 43. I had a baby at 41. I wrote that the dr. was checking my hgc levels and was worried because the u/s was showing to be a week off. Anyway, I had an ultrasound this week and saw the heart beat. The hcg level tests came back normal. Iv'e since decided that my lmp dates were wrong or I olvulated late. I'm pretty sure the conception date was May 20 so that would explain the week difference. Thanks for the replies. There are so many heartbreakng stories posted. I do feel extremely blessed even though this one was unexpected. Good luck to all and try try try to be patient, hard advice to follow I know. We just live in a world were we want instant answers, and we are not in control of so many things when it comes to pregnancy. Pray and keep the faith. God Bless to all and Happy 4th of July! We still live in the greatest country on Earth! Please Pray for our servicemen as we celebrate the 4th with our families.
so happy to hear that all is well. wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!
I'm so happy for you:) Congrats!  Another reason to celebrate for you this weekend.
hey ladies, msullysgirl congrats so happy for you! You are one of the lucky ladies in her 40's that is blessed. I am 41 and 7 and half weeks pg with complications and prior m/c 6 mos ago. Hope I can be one of those older moms at the playground! Happy 4th everyone.
Im so inspired by reading your post. I finally decided I wanted children at 38... I had a m/c in december and turned 39 in Feb. Well here we are still trying and me feeling so anxious b/c of my age. Im constantly assured I will not be the oldest mom on the playground and after reading about women like your self I know its just a matter of time and miracles do happen!

Best of luck to you!!
Melanie
I am so sorry. Was this your first pregnancy? how many weeks were you? Sorry about all the questions, Im so nervous because I was pregnant for the first time 6 mos ago and needed a d+c based on no yolk sac and no heartheat. SUCKS! Now I am 8 weeks preg with alot of problems that I needed to see a high risk dr. today. I have several health problems and now today he told me my major concerns were a blood clott and uterine septim which has a high m/c rate.
ark me 2 m/c last week. Want to try again asap at 39.
Thanks I am getting ok. I was 6wks 6days with brown spotting my Hcg levels went up. I saw heartbeat. Dr told me to go on bedrest. I was finishing up a nursing intern and foolishly did not listen. I went to work for two days. The next week no heartbeat and levels down. Natural miscarriage passed the sac. I also had a UTI which they say is #1 reason for m/c. I have cried alot. I just thank g-d I have a beautiful 6 year old who is the light of my eye. Liz
What specific problems are you having?
Hi everyone - well im a 40 sumthing mother to be as well (47 actually!!!) and just found out a couple of weeks ago that after being told for 26 years I couldnt have anymore because of endometriosis, I am in fact pregnant. However by my dates I was 8.5 weeks but when went for U/s they could only see sac which measured roughly 5.5 weeks - had hcg levels done which came back at 14,000 - 48 hours later had them done again and they are only at 16,500 so they seem to think the pregnancy is failing!! I go back next Friday for a further U/S so am crossing everything in the hope that a little one will be seen. I have no signs of miscarriage whatsoever, no bleeding, cramps etc - keep your fingers crossed for me - as I do for you - will keep you posted!!! GOOD LUCK