Maternal & Child Community
urine color

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

urine color

Silly question......I am wondering if your urine changes color in pregnancy.  Mine has become bright yellow and I have been taking vitamins all along.  No change in the vitamins.  Can there be any other causes?  Should I be worried?
not sure about in pregnancy,( I have been pregnant 8 times and it never changed with me) but when your urine is yellow that means that you are not drinking enough water/fluids. Try drinking more and see if that changes things. If not bring it up to your Dr.and if you are experiance burning or see any blood. That may indicate an infection. But as far as I know the change in color just means you are not drinking enough.
Good luck. :) You need at least 8 glasses a day of water a day, staying hydrated when pregnant is important. Good luck ttc. Sticky baby dust to you!! :)
YES ! i have the same thing. Dont worry. I am 18 weeks and sometimes my urine is a really bright yellow colour! not sure if its to do with the vitamins or not. DOnt worry i have it too and do not have any infections.
My doctor bluntly told me that if my urine was yellow I needed to be drinking more water, it was a sign of dehydration.  But I know that one of the B vitamins causes the urine to be a bright yellow, (and she had never heard of that!  Some doctor!) and I have definitely upped my B vitamins with this pregnancy.  So although I am not entirely convinced I'm dehydrated, I have been drinking more water even so.
I've always made sure to drink plenty of water...but after i became pregnant, it seemed like no matter how much i drink, my urine was still too dark for my liking.  The nurse at my Dr. office explained to me that your body processes the water differently when you are pregnant, and you may need to drink more than normal to continue healthy kidney function.  

Also, as far as vitamins go.  The only thing i've ever heard is that Vitamin B in high concentration can turn your urine darker and brighter.  But if there's been no change in your vitamins it's probably not that.  If you're concerned about it.  I would talk to you Dr. or Midwife.
Whenever I take vitamins, pregnant or not, my urine turns bright yellow, even if there is great quantity.  Drink at least 100 ounces (water) per day little by littel across the day.