Maternal & Child Community
uterus size??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

uterus size??

Hi, I was trying to find info. on the size of the uterus in the beginning stages of pregnancy.  At 6 wks did any of you notice increase in size of uterus or at 8 wks?  When did you notice any increase in size??
Your uterus at 6-8 does change but it is still below your pelvic region.  You visably won't notice any changes on the outside untill atleast 3 months. I couldn't even notice I was pregnant until about 4 and then I didn't start to get REAL pregnant looking until about 6-6 1/2 months.
That depends! Is this your first? With your first you may not show too fast. I am 10 weeks pg with #2 and I "popped" fast!! My clothes were snug at 5 weeks and by 8 weeks I had a pooch! With #1, I didn't show until I was almost 5 months. I think it varies per person. Goos Luck! Shannon
I'm 6 weeks as well, and I haven't noticed any increase in size at all, nor have I gained any weight.  I have seen photos of women in maternity clothes by their 7th week, and they needed to be in them!  The only thing I notice at this time is that pressure to the lower abdominal area is uncomfortable, so I wear my slacks loser.
I can feel my uterus literally right above my pelvic area when i'm 4 weeks pregnant.  I can almost tell right before i even take a hpt if i'm pregnant just from the feel of my uterus...but i think you have to do this every day to really feel it getting bigger when you're not showing yet.  If that makes sense lol!
According to the Mayo Clinic book I have regarding pregnancy, the uterus does not start to come out of the pelvis until 12 weeks. So, don't freak out if you don't feel it yet. And at 12 weeks, just the top is palpable at the top of the pubic bone : )

It will happen soon enough, I remember how badly i wanted to show with my son. Heck I feel that way now I am only 4 weeks 5 days : )

Andrea
I am 15 weeks pregnant and confused. i was checking the pictures of pregnant women and all of theirs were showing under the naval. I dont understand... mine is growing above the naval. Does anyone know what is going on?
Thank you everyone, I am only about 6-7 weeks, but tend to be more worried as this preg. is immediately following a natural m/c(7wks).  Thanks again for all the info.
Hey, congratulations!!!!!   I remember you telling us about your m/c and then you left but let's forget about it!!!!!  I'm so happy you concieved again!!!!!!! Unfortunately I can't add anything smart regarding your question, I just wanted to express how happy I'm for you!!!!!!
Ildi
Hi im 31 weeks pregnant and my uterus measures 39 ! does this mean early labour ??

Thanks Tracey
I am pregnant with twins and i could feel my uterus peeking over my pelvic bone @ 4 weeks. i am now 9 weeks, it is still quite large
Hi I'm 51/2 weeks pregnant and I can feel my uterus.it's like a little ball and I feel pressure down low. This will be my 3rd. Child lord willing. I'm praying for a healthy baby.