Maternal & Child Community
uterus transplants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

uterus transplants

if there is anyone out there that has heard anything about uterus trnsplants if so please email me at ***@**** i was told that i need surgery because i had cancer but that turned out to be wrong so if anyone has information on it please let me know..and if there is a web site that other people want the same thing thsnk you
Hi, if you lost your uterus but not your ovaries, you can still have babies from your own genetic material by hiring a surrogate to carry the pregnancy and using IVF.  I know this is not what you are asking, but overall it might be cheaper (although it's not cheap!) than would a transplant, even if such a thing is available.  The real problem with a uterine transplant that makes it something of an antithesis of what you want is that you would be on anti-rejection drugs, presumably for the purpose of being able to have a baby, for which purpose people usually stop taking all drugs because they might damage the baby.  Anyway, I have never heard of a uterus transplant and that might be a big reason why, also they just might be too complex an organ (with their stretching and need for muscular support) to do a transplant with.  Good luck in your search, and if you don't find what you need, do consider the surrogate and IVF option.  Again, good luck.
i haveny heard of such a thinh either you wouldent think it would be possible as the first poster said
Hello, here is some information I found online. I am sorry though, it seems that it has only been successful in mice, where the mouse was actually able to give birth after the transplant. The young female in Saudi Arabia, the first human uterine transplant patient, had blood clot complications and the uterus needed to be removed.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/parenting/03/07/womb.transplant/index.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3076784/

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/saudsc.htm

I will keep checking for you to see if I can find anything else. Sorry for your troubles :(.
I know ovary transplants can be done, and have produces successfull births. I do not think a uterus transplant would be possible though.
i want to see if i will age slower              hp-***@**** lisa
where there is god anything is possible!