vaginal bleeding while taking progesterone tablets
My doctor keeps insisting that I take the prempro tablets. I have tried them twice now and end up bleeding heavily after taking 4 or 5 pills, the more I take the more I bleed. The only way I can stop this irregular bleeding is to take premarin by itself. I am 63 years old feel I should not be bleeding at all. The first time it was so heavy it actually scared me silly, as I had already had a d&c a couple of months earlier and had just stopped bleeding, after taking just the estradiol, a few days before I started taking prempro. After taking prempro for a few days I was bleeding again. The dr. put me back on just premarin, and I stopped, he then told me to try prempro again and I started bleeding again. The more I took the heavier it got. My body is telling me that I cannot take progesterone. Do you have any thoughts on this matter?
Maybe your doctor has got your on a to strong of dose of prempro.I am taking prempro in a very mild does.He put me on it after after having surgery to remove both ovaries that has cyst.